The "Dumbo or Die" Pre Trip report..

Hello all! Now that I have finally finished my TR from our August trip, AND I have managed to save the $$ we will need to book the next trip.. I'm starting a PTR!

So let's see.. first off..who we are..

here's 6 of the 7 of us that will be on this trip:

Myself~Alison..36 year old mother of 4, homeschooler and office manager by day and bartender at a night club by night.

My husband~Eric.. mold maker by day and a newly born Disney Fanatic!

My mother~ AKA Gigi... 60 something Disney nut like her daughter!

My oldest son Noah~17 ,.he turns into a 4 year old the moment he steps on Disney property.

My youngest 3 kids.. Declan 9, Jadziah 8 and Taejan 6..all VERY anxiously awaiting me saying "we are going BACK".. they went for the 1st time in August and not a day goes by that they don't say they want to go back!
Photo0208FourBySix-1.jpg

here's the oldest kiddo:
IMG_8488.jpg

This trip it will just be us. Last time we traveled with 20 people total.. 8 in just my group. This time there will be NO girlfriend( if your wondering why..read my last trip report..good reading!) and we are not traveling with our best friends. As much as I love them, and it was fine all being together..I am not doing it again.

When: well that's up in the air.. we are aiming for mid September. Being homeschoolers we are way more flexible than most. If we are very lucky and FD comes out then we are good for Mid September 2012..if not then March 2013 because I'll need more time to save for food..lol.

Now why the name of the PTR? Well see..we never did make it on Dumbo..my younger 3 kids will never forgive me I fear. Between the lines, the heat and the fact my daughter was not well on our last day in MK we just never managed to ride it. My oldest son LOVES to tell them that when we went he got the 1st ride of the day on Dumbo about 6 times.. thanks Noah!

The kids all want to stay at Pop Century again. I'm fine with that.. we need 2 rooms and values are the only way to go for that. I'd be fine with trying an All Star but am game for whatever!

I haven't called and made ressies..I'm waiting til March 1st in hopes of free dining coming out..if it doesn't then I will still make them and move them if need be!

mickeysshoes

Ok my mother decided the other day that she wants us to have Hopper Passes and she plans to pay for the upgrade..

So that makes my planning sooo much easier!!

Also we decided what day we are doing MNSSHP and such.. only 7.5 days until I can make ADR's!!

on another note..my 8 year old may have strep..again.. In Jan she had a double ear infection, strep and scarlet fever. Then 3 weeks ago the 6 year old had Strep and Scarlet fever..now Ziah has a sore throat and blisters in her tonsils..we go in at 5:30.. so not ready for this. My oldest had strep on and off for 3 months at 8 and had to have them removed.

OH and hope the kids are feeling better!!! :wave:

Alison1975

Original Poster
WOO HOO!! I am so jealous! I have to wait until 6/23 to make ours...:( so have not yet even started to plan. But I will once we get back from the fly by the seat of our pants quick long weekend trip in 38 days!!!! :sohappy:

I am so excited..lol.. yeah we are doing an overnighter on Thursday at an indoor waterpark... need this!

Alison1975

Original Poster
Ok i just made a room only ressie for Eric,myself and the 3 youngest at All Star Movies for the 16th.. I just can't get to disney fast enough I guess..LOL

mickeysshoes

Ok i just made a room only ressie for Eric,myself and the 3 youngest at All Star Movies for the 16th.. I just can't get to disney fast enough I guess..LOL

So I take it your oldest and your mom are flying again?? Very glad it worked so well last year! It will be a breeze this year. :sohappy:

Alison1975

Original Poster
So I take it your oldest and your mom are flying again?? Very glad it worked so well last year! It will be a breeze this year. :sohappy:

yes.. no way I can drive with my mom in the car.. she has to stop to use the bathroom every 2 hours..lol.. I'd be rather upset..LOL

Alison1975

Original Poster
ADR's made

So I got up early..logged on to the dining site..and nope..site not recognizing my ressie number..awesome...gag..wth? So I wait and wait then call at 7 on the dot. I get the BEST CM and in 18 minutes I have 9 ADR's, all where I wanted when I wanted and I am so excited!!

So here they are:

Sept 17th ~ CRT 6:50 pm

Sept 18th ~ 50's Prime Time 1:10pm

Sept 19th ~ Garden Grill 5:20 pm

Sept 20th ~ Yak and Yeti 2:30 pm

Sept 21st ~ TRex 4:00 pm

Sept 22nd ~ Teppan Edo 1:00 pm

Sept 23rd ~ Cape May 5:00 pm

Sept 25th ~ O'Hana 7:30 am

Sept 26th ~ Chef Mickey's 11:00 am

PlaneJane

In the Parks
No
Ok my mother decided the other day that she wants us to have Hopper Passes and she plans to pay for the upgrade..

So that makes my planning sooo much easier!!

Also we decided what day we are doing MNSSHP and such.. only 7.5 days until I can make ADR's!!

on another note..my 8 year old may have strep..again.. In Jan she had a double ear infection, strep and scarlet fever. Then 3 weeks ago the 6 year old had Strep and Scarlet fever..now Ziah has a sore throat and blisters in her tonsils..we go in at 5:30.. so not ready for this. My oldest had strep on and off for 3 months at 8 and had to have them removed.

Get those tonsils removed. They will continue to harbor that infection and then you'll end up paying more for the doctor visits than the surgery!

Alison1975

Original Poster
Get those tonsils removed. They will continue to harbor that infection and then you'll end up paying more for the doctor visits than the surgery!

they wont just do surgery.. she has to have it one more time.. I've already spoken to the ENT ( I went to school with his son and he did my oldest son's surgery).. kinda hoping she just doesn't get it again!

Alison1975

Original Poster
We have dates for travel and 2 of our 7 need to fly. SW has gone from 155 to 160 each way per person.. I didn't have the funds to book the airfare when we booked the trip ..it's gone up a little since then. I still don't have the funds but I could use the business CC and pay it back in a month.

What, historically, are the chances the fares will drop? Or worse..go up more?

Sept 17-27 even potentially the 16th they could fly in..help!

mickeysshoes

I know you like to pay for everything with CASH...and I dont blame you. But with airfare you never know what it will be on any given day. If you have the business cc that could used I think I would...and just pay it back as soon as you can. Waiting could cost you more...and with gas prices like they are I would think that airfares will continue to climb also. You can also rebook if prices go down enought to make it worth your while..then you will have a credit and will have to plan another trip for 2013!!!! Good luck!!

Alison1975

Original Poster
I know you like to pay for everything with CASH...and I dont blame you. But with airfare you never know what it will be on any given day. If you have the business cc that could used I think I would...and just pay it back as soon as you can. Waiting could cost you more...and with gas prices like they are I would think that airfares will continue to climb also. You can also rebook if prices go down enought to make it worth your while..then you will have a credit and will have to plan another trip for 2013!!!! Good luck!!

it's making me nuts..LOL.. I think i will book and pray I can pay it back in just a few weeks..

Alison1975

Original Poster
So I booked the flights..now I have 3 weeks to pay the business back..ahh

I am actually rather stressed right now.. I have 4 short months to pay the trip itself off and I just feel like I can't do..

Alison1975

Original Poster
Countdown

Today I finally had time to get our countdown done!

poster board, tape, printed images , glue sticks, post it notes and scissors..
001.jpg

2 posterboards tapes together then covered in pictures
002.jpg

then covered with post it notes and numbered
003.jpg

Taejan taking off today’s number.. they will slowly get to see all the Disney pictures under..

004.jpg

Alison1975

Original Poster
I am soo excited..I sat with a friends hubby who happens to be a tattoo guy.. he is drawing me up an awesome mother's bracelet that will be an arm band on my upper right arm.. and guess what the charms are going to be?? Mickey heads!!! i cant wait to see the final drawing on Monday!!

Alison1975

Original Poster
This will help the time pass..

My 10 year old is playing baseball again this year.. my husband is helping the team. My other 2 wee ones are also playing..different league.. both on the same team. We just got all their info..

Mon 6-8 Dec practice
Wed 6-8 Dec practice
Thursday 6-7 Ziah and Taejan practice
Sat 4-6 Dec practice
Sunday 6-7 Ziah and Taejan practice

Games start the last week of April..

Dec will have games Mon, Wed and Sat
Ziah and Taejan Mon and Sat

add in Dance Mondays ( for all 3) and Thurs ( Ziah) plus Swim on Thursdays ( Ziah and Taejan) plus work for me and Eric ( 2 jobs each) and I'm pretty sure I may go crazy between now and the beginning of July when baseball is over.. hey at least it will help the next 3 months go by fast eh?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom