The Dark Knight Countdown

Number_6

The Harry Potter one was shown at IMAX theaters, because it was made to point out that just like Order of the Phoenix, portions of Half-Blood Prince will be in IMAX 3D.

Wilt Dasney

Yeah, I had those previews as well but before they even started my theater was running ads for movies.
Sounds like the "First Look" package I see a lot...especially because you mentioned Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants. :lol:

Basically they encourage you to "get there early" so you can see a bunch of ads and a few behind-the-scenes segments before the trailers start.

SeaBreeze

Sounds like the "First Look" package I see a lot...especially because you mentioned Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants. :lol:

Basically they encourage you to "get there early" so you can see a bunch of ads and a few behind-the-scenes segments before the trailers start.

Yep that was it. Didn't it used to be called The 20 or something?

Wilt Dasney

Yep that was it. Didn't it used to be called The 20 or something?
That rings a bell, now that you say it. That's typically the time when I'm futzing around on my cell or crunching my nachos to get 'em eaten before the movie starts, so my attention is kinda limited. :lol:

Timmay

Was it a teaser trailer? And how much, if anything, footage wise did they show? I'll have to search on line for it.

It really was nothing...just the musc and then the title "Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince" pops up on sceen and that was it. 10 seconds, tops.

imagineer boy

Was it a teaser trailer? And how much, if anything, footage wise did they show? I'll have to search on line for it.

It shows absolutly NOTHING. Its only 30 seconds long, the harry potter music starts and then it just shows the title and says "coming soon to imax."

Everyone theater laughed and moaned about how unrevealing it was.:lol:

WDWFREAK53

I don't know if this plays everywhere...but I go to a National Amusements theater.

If anybody has seen ScreenVision (prior to the show trailers starting)...

Anybody else want to physically strangle the host of that???

SeaBreeze

It really was nothing...just the musc and then the title "Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince" pops up on sceen and that was it. 10 seconds, tops.

Well. Glad I didn't miss anything too exciting there :) I actually keep forgetting that movie is coming out this year; guess that's the next one for me to get excited about.

I'm not sure how I feel about the final book being split up into two movies; I know it's a long story but I'm sure I won't want to wait for another movie to finish it up. Guess it depends how it's executed though. At lease HBP is just once movie though :)

Oh. And I found a co-worker who has the Watchmen so whenever he remembers to bring it in for me, I'll finally get to read it. Yay.

Green Lantern

Original Poster
Oh. And I found a co-worker who has the Watchmen so whenever he remembers to bring it in for me, I'll finally get to read it. Yay.

Great! When you do read it, let us know your thoughts on it afterwards.

I just finished re-reading the first trade of Sandman on my lunch break. I'm going to do my re-read on Watchmen next.

SeaBreeze

Great! When you do read it, let us know your thoughts on it afterwards.

I just finished re-reading the first trade of Sandman on my lunch break. I'm going to do my re-read on Watchmen next.

I'm not going to lie... I'm kind of hoping he forgets it for about a month since I'm supposed to be studying for my PhD Qualifying exam :lookaroun Then again, everyone needs to take a break or two...

Green Lantern

Original Poster
I'm not going to lie... I'm kind of hoping he forgets it for about a month since I'm supposed to be studying for my PhD Qualifying exam :lookaroun Then again, everyone needs to take a break or two...

LOL Well, I do want you to do well on your exam, so, take your time, but when you do read it, then let us know. You have until March before the film comes out.

SeaBreeze

LOL Well, I do want you to do well on your exam, so, take your time, but when you do read it, then let us know. You have until March before the film comes out.

Haha true, I do have plenty of time. Although, if I end up freezing up and choking on the exam, it would be a convenient excuse to use. "I'm sorry, I was too busy broadening my horizons by reading other literature..." I mean really, isn't writing and defending a dissertation enough to get a PhD? Why make us take a four hour exam at the start of the semester :hammer:

imagineer boy

I don't know if this plays everywhere...but I go to a National Amusements theater.

If anybody has seen ScreenVision (prior to the show trailers starting)...

Anybody else want to physically strangle the host of that???

Ugh, I hate that guy! I wanna blow his brains out. And the skits they do are so incredibly lame. Especially the "man in the seats" thing.:brick:

Timmay

Okay...here we go!

$18.4 million on Wednesday
$16.6 million on Thursday
7 day total $238.6 million:eek:

Couple of thoughts and then my final ( ;) ) predictions.

TDK has seen a drop in gross every day this week...which is the norm. What isn't the norm is the % of drop has actuly decreased as well, it ususlly increases! That is unheard of.

I think we are now looking at an $85 million weekend. This movie will pass the $300 million mark some time Saturday evening. $500 million is in the bank!

If it hits the $90-$93 million mark this weekend, I say Titanic is still in play.

WDWFREAK53

Okay...here we go!

$18.4 million on Wednesday
$16.6 million on Thursday
7 day total $238.6 million:eek:

Couple of thoughts and then my final ( ;) ) predictions.

TDK has seen a drop in gross every day this week...which is the norm. What isn't the norm is the % of drop has actuly decreased as well, it ususlly increases! That is unherard of.

I think we are now looking at an $85 million weekend. This movie will pass the $300 million mark some time Saturday evening. $500 million is in the bank!

If it hits the $90-$93 million mark this weekend, I say Titanic is still in play.

I predict somewhere in the range of 60-75 mill this week. (and I actually want to go lower...but I've heard some pretty bad things about X-Files)

SeaBreeze

I predict somewhere in the range of 60-75 mill this week. (and I actually want to go lower...but I've heard some pretty bad things about X-Files)

That's the range I was thinking it would fall under this weekend as well. However, I'll certainly be happy if it makes more :)

OT, but since this thread is winding down, does anyone else think a general movie thread for us cinema geeks is a good idea? I'd love to bounce around discussions of multiple movies with you all :wave:

Green Lantern

Original Poster
That's the range I was thinking it would fall under this weekend as well. However, I'll certainly be happy if it makes more :)

OT, but since this thread is winding down, does anyone else think a general movie thread for us cinema geeks is a good idea? I'd love to bounce around discussions of multiple movies with you all :wave:

I'm in for that if it gets created.:D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom