The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Lilofan

Speaking of shots, I finally had a real reaction to the Covid shot and it took 8 days to get to me. I was having dinner last night and suddenly felt chills and also warmer then usual. I took my Temp. and it was 101.5. I took some Tylenol and tried to stop shivering. The possible side effects include chills and fever. After about two hours it finally started to decline. The chills left first and my temp started to drop. By bedtime, 11 or so, it was gone and I felt normal again. This morning my Temp. was 97.8 which is my norm.

That in and of itself normally wouldn't have been a concern, but the last time I had chills and fever it was caused by sepsis. I almost called my daughter to take me to the ER. Fortunately, I gave it an extra half hour and it started to decline on its own. I'm actually happy about it because many medical experts have claimed that the side effects are an offshoot of the vaccine working and the white cells attacking and in the process picking up the immunity. It took a little longer then I expected but asking a few people that I knew they claimed that they had a delay in feeling the results as well.
Wow that's scary. After my second Moderna shot last week the side effects hit me approx 12 hours later ( 23 hours in bed, very weak, low grade fever and continual headaches). I just forced myself to eat and drink plenty of water, and Tylenol every 6 hours ). But anyway I got the vaccine passport golden ticket! ( the CDC card proving that I have been vaccinated with the Moderna vaccine ).

Lilofan

I was watching videos of St. Cloud Florida last night. Wishing I was living there away from the winter weather here. St. Cloud's about 25 minutes from Disney World. Potentially good place to retire some day :cool:
3 minute 50 seconds video....

St Cloud is something like an old Florida cracker little town with low to middle income folks retiring years ago and or working in the Central FL area. In the last several years, expensive retirement communities ( to the locals eyes ) have been built in the area. If you want to eat something unique try the Catfish Place. It is an old fashioned place serving gator, turtle, frog legs etc. There are many bodies of water in the town. Don't go walking near the water. It is gator filled. There is not much diversity in St Cloud compared to neighboring Kissimmee . You could try staying in St Cloud while you are on vacation to see if you like it. Just don't expect any 3-4 star hotels ( think budget motels ).

Last edited:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
So, I've been looking at washing machines, since my present (old) one, leaks all over the floor. :hilarious:

Anyway, I checked a few local stores online and each time I think I found a machine I liked, it gets both good and bad reviews. EVERY SINGLE ONE . . . :banghead:

Then, I was pretty much sold on an impeller (to be ever so trendy and all), but a number of people didn't think they cleaned as well, and they went back to agitator machines. 🤦‍♀️

And of course by the time you add in the hoses, installation, removal of the old one (and some charge for delivery as well), and MA sales tax, that jacks up the prices even higher. 😒

(I came to the conclusion that it's more economical to wear dirty clothes. :p )

But then, I came across one of these, and it was within my price range, and no bad reviews! :D

1614077798315.png

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Happy Anniversary to the Ferrets View attachment 534562
Thank you I'll pass the message on 😉
Guru Studio Thank You GIF by True and the Rainbow Kingdom

Lilofan

So, I've been looking at washing machines, since my present (old) one, leaks all over the floor. :hilarious:

Anyway, I checked a few local stores online and each time I think I found a machine I liked, it gets both good and bad reviews. EVERY SINGLE ONE . . . :banghead:

Then, I was pretty much sold on an impeller (to be ever so trendy and all), but a number of people didn't think they cleaned as well, and they went back to agitator machines. 🤦‍♀️

And of course by the time you add in the hoses, installation, removal of the old one (and some charge for delivery as well), and MA sales tax, that jacks up the prices even higher. 😒

But then, I came across one of these, and it was within my price range, and no bad reviews! :D

View attachment 534578
We've been very happy with our new one GE model number GTW500ASN0WS. We've had it for 1 year and no problems. It has got the old fashioned knobs, none of those push button digital ones.

SteveBrickNJ

St Cloud is something like an old Florida cracker little town with low to middle income folks retiring years ago and or working in the Central FL area. In the last several years, expensive retirement communities ( to the locals eyes ) have been built in the area. If you want to eat something unique try the Catfish Place. It is an old fashioned place serving gator, turtle, frog legs etc. There are many bodies of water in the town. Don't go walking near the water. It is gator filled. There is not much diversity in St Cloud compared to neighboring Kissimmee . You could try staying in St Cloud while you are on vacation to see if you like it. Just don't expect any 3-4 star hotels ( think budget motels ).
That was helpful. Thank you!

MouseDreaming

Clarification Edit: I received a couple of private messages from people that I managed to freak out. Please understand that my sole purpose for posting that was to inform everyone that the side effects could show up a little later. But I can assure you that it was very mild and short lived and the only reason why it got dramatic for me was because of the kidney stone/sepsis situation I had a couple of years ago. My symptoms back then were fever and chills that got me shivering non-stop. I wasn't expecting any effects from this so when I started to feel this I immediately reverted back to then and was trying to figure out whether I should go to the ER in case I had another stone. If I hadn't had that previous experience the situation that this caused would not be anywhere near severe enough to create any concern or even the slightest thought about seeking help. Don't be afraid or anxious about this, by itself, it was a minor
I am glad you are ok, and thank you for sharing. I had no idea that it might take that long to experience symptoms, but now I know. First jab tomorrow. I don't think I have ever been so excited for a shot.

Goofyernmost

I am glad you are ok, and thank you for sharing. I had no idea that it might take that long to experience symptoms, but now I know. First jab tomorrow. I don't think I have ever been so excited for a shot.
Please don't get anxious about it. I had no effect after the first and what I had the other night, 8 days after the second by itself was really minor, a little uncomfortable, but minor. It went away fast and that is what is important. Many people never came out of Covid19. If this was all I'm going to get for taking the vaccine, I will consider myself smart enough to try and protect myself and others.

MouseDreaming

View attachment 534578
I experienced the same thing when I had to get a new one. I finally opted for a Maytag, with the agitator. It has been a few years, and I am happy with it. Speed Queen also has great reviews among my friends. Pricey, but without all of the flashy add ons, that I think few people use, anyway.

MouseDreaming

Please don't get anxious about it. I had no effect after the first and what I had the other night, 8 days after the second by itself was really minor, a little uncomfortable, but minor. It went away fast and that is what is important. Many people never came out of Covid19. If this was all I'm going to get for taking the vaccine, I will consider myself smart enough to try and protect myself and others.
Not anxious at all. Seeing as how I spend a few hours of each work day in and out of classrooms of kids eating (no masks of course. Can't eat with a mask), I am very excited.

John park hopper

I experienced the same thing when I had to get a new one. I finally opted for a Maytag, with the agitator. It has been a few years, and I am happy with it. Speed Queen also has great reviews among my friends. Pricey, but without all of the flashy add ons, that I think few people use, anyway.
My wife (nurse) went to OK helping my sister take care of my mother (ALS) and was gone for month and a half she never had a new washer and dryer so I bought a Kenmore dryer and washer (surprise). The washer was the kind low water use and no agitator all electronic. What a big mistake that was. Ever time the electric flickered the darn thing would lock it never cleaned the clothes well, after 3moths I donated basically a new washer to habitat for humanity. The old agitator and mechanical dial top load washers are hard to find--- found a GE washer and no electronics -mechanical dial and it cleans great. Have had it 4 years now and no problems.

PS get my second shot Thursday

Last edited:

Figgy1

Premium Member

View attachment 534578
I have a Bosch front loader and love it. It's survived years in my house without issues:joyfull: That being said it wasn't cheap but we've certainly gotten out money's worth out of it. I'm not sure it would be worth it for 2 people but I would suggest it for anybody who has Mount Laundry to deal with or boys that get extremely dirty

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom