The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Figgy1

Premium Member
So, DWifey lost her job today. I've seen the train comin' down the track for quite some time, as I've been through this stuff more than once during my lifetime...although, I haven't heard anything, as such, I don't expect to be employed much longer. But, we have assets. Plus, we can all apply for UI...hell, DWifey and I have been payin' into that system for well over 40 years and have never tapped into it before...as many of y'all know, we worked our beeeeeeeeeeehinds off in retail during the last recession, holding as many as 3 jobs at a time. I'd do that again, if I had to, but, on lockdown, there aren't many jobs to even try to apply for, unlike the last recession which had nothing to do with a pandemic.

Just gonna' throw these 3 pics out there from happier times...one from our last cruise in early October, one from our Sweet Berry Farm visit on October 26th, and the classic Emy jungle Cruise pic from our "Worldwind" WDW trip on October 29th...!!!!!!! :joyfull::inlove::happy:

View attachment 459117
View attachment 459118
View attachment 459116
I'm so very sorry to hear about your dw, if you ever need to vent pm me and I'll listen. I'm not sure I have any advice but I am here for you as I'm sure we all are xoxo

Figgy1

Premium Member
Yeah. I've always been a conservative lady. I've raised a daughter more conservative than I am. She self governs the length of a dress that is appropriate for her age as a young professional and socially. Then when she sees women my age in sundresses meant for high school and college students she has that Oh My Moment. Me just maintaining my once original hair color or a tad lighter is about out there I can ever be. I was a Catholic School girl ya know, brain washed from age 6.
I may have mentioned this before but I got to escape Catholic school because my public school was very highly rated otherwise I may have wound up in the same boat. I'm not saying that's good or bad, btw the person who had the most impact on us going to public school is a member of the clergy.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Just out of the video on the left is a Costco. They only let X amount of cysteine at a time. The line stretched the entire section of that shopping center. Look at how well humans are socially distancing. Impressive. And glad I didn't need to go into Costco

Us we are now to the point of believing it is time to order supplies and have them delivered or do curbside pickups.
I have to admit everybody was very well behaved and distanced with out any problems yesterday. Wegman's had purell and wipes upon entering and wipes at various points around the store as did Sam's, Target was empty and wiped each cart down and had wipes positioned.

MySmallWorldof4

I have not been to the supermarket the last 5 days. Has the hoarding mentality calmed down yet? It seems like every toilet paper joke that could be told....has been told. Is toilet paper available? How about the basics such as bread, eggs,and OJ?
We haven’t had toilet paper at our Walmart but for the rough brands dh doesn’t want to buy. The supermarket as well. Everything else has been stocked. We are pretty good at our house food-wise.

MySmallWorldof4

The latest talk in my house has been to change our trip in June and push it out to October and just do Hawaii.

Considering that the airfares I just looked at are HALF of what they are in June and there's still that non-stop flight out of DC, I'm fine with that....
We still have our Uni trip planned for May. Hoping that is still a go. With oldest starting college in the fall, we won’t be able to take another vacation then until next May possibly.

MySmallWorldof4

She is a junior. I have to reassure her, on an almost daily basis, that she her academic career is going to be ok. While she gets upset about seniors being upset about missing graduation, prom, she finds it selfish. (Don't worry, we have talks about that, too.) Her point is while it affects their social life, this could potentially change her whole trajectory. She will not be able to visit schools. As an AP student, she must take those tests at home, online. She worries that this will encourage students to get a little help, and so a high score, won't mean as much. She must adjust to online learning, starting next week. There will be no SAT or ACT to help boost her application to better schools. And we are a school district that does not rank students. And I can tell her everyone is in the same boat, but it doesn't matter. Until we see how colleges respond to these holes, it is all just a big asterisk. She also feels very bad for her friends in sports that would have been "scouted" thiis Spring.

Add to this a no prom, with the dress hanging downstairs. No friends, live and in person. And she should be on her band trip in Cali right now. Yeah, it is rough. But, somehow, we will all get through.
Many colleges already offer no test application options.

MySmallWorldof4

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom