The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

StarWarsGirl

Stay at home order for Rhode Island though people can still work and go grocery shopping/gas/get drugs (medicine). Should have be issued long time ago.

So does that mean I can't go running outside or? I see one or two people on my runs that's it. Even then I don't go near them.
You're like the second most aggressive state for fighting this, Maryland is third, California is first. Not surprised.
Who knows. Do they even have enough of a police force to enforce this?

MinnieM123

Premium Member
So, DWifey lost her job today. I've seen the train comin' down the track for quite some time, as I've been through this stuff more than once during my lifetime...although, I haven't heard anything, as such, I don't expect to be employed much longer. But, we have assets. Plus, we can all apply for UI...hell, DWifey and I have been payin' into that system for well over 40 years and have never tapped into it before...as many of y'all know, we worked our beeeeeeeeeeehinds off in retail during the last recession, holding as many as 3 jobs at a time. I'd do that again, if I had to, but, on lockdown, there aren't many jobs to even try to apply for, unlike the last recession which had nothing to do with a pandemic.

Just gonna' throw these 3 pics out there from happier times...one from our last cruise in early October, one from our Sweet Berry Farm visit on October 26th, and the classic Emy jungle Cruise pic from our "Worldwind" WDW trip on October 29th...!!!!!!! :joyfull::inlove::happy:

View attachment 459117
View attachment 459118
View attachment 459116

Oh good grief -- so sorry to hear that DWifey lost her job!! :( And now, you're concerned about your own. I'm really hoping you can hang on to yours, so that at least one of you is working. Fingers crossed. There is unemployment help for those who have lost jobs recently, so definitely she should apply. Again, so sorry to hear that she lost her job, through no fault of her own. This is such a sad situation for so many now.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
When my husband went to Walmart he went to get some extra food for our dog and it was picked over so he didn’t get another bag. The previous time he went there wasn’t much either. I’m hoping there is some when we stop in on Monday.

I got mine at Target (one of the 3 Targets near me, had it a week ago). There were 2, 20-pound bags on the shelf, and I took one. I figured another desperate dog owner could certainly use the other one, and I didn't want to hoard.

StarWarsGirl

Oh good grief -- so sorry to hear that DWifey lost her job!! :( And now, you're concerned about your own. I'm really hoping you can hang on to yours, so that at least one of you is working. Fingers crossed. There is unemployment help for those who have lost jobs recently, so definitely she should apply. Again, so sorry to hear that she lost her job, through no fault of her own. This is such a sad situation for so many now.
I know, I talked to my one friend who is a massage therapist. She's currently unemployed. Thankfully, due to the laws here, she'll be fine for a while, but it still stinks. I did recommend to her that she go apply at her local Walmart temporarily for work since they're hiring. She lives out in the middle of nowhere in a part of Maryland that has no confirmed cases, so her odds of coming into contact with it would be slim, and it would keep her going until she can get back to her actual job. I hate to see her going through this, though.

And I cannot believe we are to a point where I'm advising people to go to work at Walmart.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Stay at home order for Rhode Island though people can still work and go grocery shopping/gas/get drugs (medicine). Should have be issued long time ago.

So does that mean I can't go running outside or? I see one or two people on my runs that's it. Even then I don't go near them.

Here in MA, you can go out, walk, run, ride a bike -- just keep 6 foot distance between others, and no groups together.

SteveBrickNJ

There's not at lot to do in NJ since everything is closed but take out places, pharmacies and gas stations.
So, I am spending a great deal of time on Youtube.
Here is an amazing & fascinating video for folks who read music. There are many Pop & Rock songs from our modern era that have been lifted from Classical music. The young (but dignified) host of the video presents the modern vs classical pieces side by side in a clever way.....making the connection between the two musical pieces very clear. Disclaimer : Clear if you read music notation. Yet for sure , non music readers can still hear the similarities and might still enjoy :cool: watching this video. If anyone DOES enjoy it, please let me know;)

Last edited:

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Oh everyone, remember the other morning when we had some glorious snow here for a while? Well, I took a photo (and I know that @figmentfan423 in particular, because she loves snow) will appreciate this classic, Currier and Ives style picture, suitable for framing.

(It's hubs' two (boxing) punching bags out in the back, with snow on them!) :joyfull:

View attachment 459267
< Jealous >

Cesar R M

The latest in covid-19 fashion designs to ensure the 6' spacing between all individuals what was old is now new Can you tell I'm boredView attachment 459225
this is perfect to push people away from you, aka the "distancing" XD
My mother joked about using these dresses ring to keep a "safety ring" around you all the times.
We laughed a lot when we imagined everyone bouncing of each other trying to fit in everydays life with these things.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Somehow, we got a wasp in the house, Jasmine went after it and got herself stung, and then it took two of us to pin her down and give her a Benadryl.

How's everyone else's day going?

Well, not as exciting as yours ?? :jawdrop: Poor Jasmine!!

I brought home a few things from the grocery store this morning. One was a package of 3 sponges (stupid purchase, that means now I have to clean something ... :cautious: ). Anyway, Jack jumped up on the counter and ran off with the package, as the thought in his demented dog mind, that it was some sort of "toy" for him to play with.

I now have one remaining sponge, out of the 3-pack, that is not chewed and spit out all over the first floor . . . :rolleyes:

93boomer

Premium Member
So, DWifey lost her job today. I've seen the train comin' down the track for quite some time, as I've been through this stuff more than once during my lifetime...although, I haven't heard anything, as such, I don't expect to be employed much longer. But, we have assets. Plus, we can all apply for UI...hell, DWifey and I have been payin' into that system for well over 40 years and have never tapped into it before...as many of y'all know, we worked our beeeeeeeeeeehinds off in retail during the last recession, holding as many as 3 jobs at a time. I'd do that again, if I had to, but, on lockdown, there aren't many jobs to even try to apply for, unlike the last recession which had nothing to do with a pandemic.

Just gonna' throw these 3 pics out there from happier times...one from our last cruise in early October, one from our Sweet Berry Farm visit on October 26th, and the classic Emy jungle Cruise pic from our "Worldwind" WDW trip on October 29th...!!!!!!! :joyfull::inlove::happy:

View attachment 459117
View attachment 459118
View attachment 459116
I’m sorry for your wife. Give her a hug from me.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Well, not as exciting as yours ?? :jawdrop: Poor Jasmine!!

I brought home a few things from the grocery store this morning. One was a package of 3 sponges (stupid purchase, that means now I have to clean something ... :cautious: ). Anyway, Jack jumped up on the counter and ran off with the package, as the thought in his demented dog mind, that it was some sort of "toy" for him to play with.

I now have one remaining sponge, out of the 3-pack, that is not chewed and spit out all over the first floor . . . :rolleyes:
Good puppy. He is trying to stop you from having to clean.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
There's not at lot to do in NJ since everything is closed but take out places, pharmacies and gas stations.
So, I am spending a great deal of time on Youtube.
Here is an amazing & fascinating video for folks who read music. There are many Pop & Rock songs from our modern era that have lifted from Classical music. The young (but dignified) host of the video presents the modern vs classical pieces side by side in a clever way.....making the connection between the two musical pieces very clear. Disclaimer : Clear if you read music notation. for sure...non music readers can still hear the similarities and might still enjoy :cool: watching this video. If anyone DOES enjoy it, please let me know;)

I only listened to the first song on the video (showing both the old and new "version"), and I can hear the resemblance in that newer version. What's old is new again?! ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom