The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

donaldtoo

I think I could get used to this whole workin' from home thing...….
So far, productivity and efficiency have not been affected as I thought they would be (I'm actually feelin' more productive...!!!!! :hilarious:).
Dependin' on what day, I'm gettin' outta' bed 1-1.5 hrs. later than if I had to go into the office.
No crazy-a$$ traffic to and from the office.
I now have a computer and two 27" monitors I can play on beyond work hours to my hearts content...and, with our new work hours, this is my Friday...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :joyfull::joyfull::joyfull::joyfull::joyfull:

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Most of you that have known me for a while know I am a pro-Union lady, always was from my first job as a teen and most thereafter.

This is why I always could justify my Union Dues. When the safety of their members comes into play they don't stop while they search for a solution. I'm in awe of what this union has pulled off for their members when bureaucrats were failing.

97200C2D-A41D-4B98-A7E0-8398B42D2AC9.jpeg

Goofyernmost

Can't speak for your area, but it has calmed down a bit in mine. I have found that things get stocked back up at random times during the day, in all the various grocery stores I've been in, for the past 10 days. There are still some more popular items that go quickly, but overall, there is more on the shelves now, than 2 weeks ago.
I'm still finding the paper aisles empty, but other items have been available.

Rista1313

I still get up at the same time I normally would and do my same routine of getting ready. I do this in the summer when I'm off too. The only difference from the summer is now I'm working on school stuff and not sitting on my porch with the dog (yet as soon as it gets warmer that's where we will be).

I should do that... because when this is over, I'm going to miss that extra hour of sleep. But honestly, I'm just getting 8 hours now instead of 6.5 or 7... which definitely makes me feel better.

Rista1313

I think I could get used to this whole workin' from home thing...….
So far, productivity and efficiency have not been affected as I thought they would be (I'm actually feelin' more productive...!!!!! :hilarious:).
Dependin' on what day, I'm gettin' outta' bed 1-1.5 hrs. later than if I had to go into the office.
No crazy-a$$ traffic to and from the office.
I now have a computer and two 27" monitors I can play on beyond work hours to my hearts content...and, with our new work hours, this is my Friday...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :joyfull::joyfull::joyfull::joyfull::joyfull:

But don't you miss all the free food?

Goofyernmost

I was waitin' for someone to adress that...!!! ;):)
Of course I miss it, but, we have plenty of munchies here at home, and it's probably beyond a wash with all the gas we're not usin'...!!!!! :hilarious:
I wish I could say the same. I am using twice as much gas now because of my move. Back and forth from Raleigh to Cary. Yesterday I spent 6 hours cleaning the apartment so I could get my security deposit back. Two more to go, one tomorrow so something I sold can be picked up and one more time to turn in the keys. Then I'm sequestered in my apartment (according to my Daughter). I knew she was concerned about the virus as it pertains to me, but for the first time in her 43 years she has started calling me everyday. It's really making me feel old, but loved!

Last edited:

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I'm still finding the paper aisles empty, but other items have been available

Me, paper items darn empty, meat slim choices, pasta non-existent. I packed two Rubbermaid containers 3 weeks ago now with stable items. I have 2 weeks of frozen meat I stored that I have avoided touching while fresh supplies I've managed to obtain are used. Bought a mega single unit of toilet paper, found paper towel. I don't really understand the shortage of paper napkins. Women's feminine products short in supply and eggs. Eggs should make for one odd item on the Easter front. Should be an interesting day this year. We shall all see how we as a nation roll the dice.

As the virus quickly worsens here in Illinois (lack of testing for common folk) I am now leaning to ordering delivery or curb side weekly items. Doctors are screaming that morgue isn't matching Fed reported deaths. Illinois is pleading with State to decide if they can decide do not resuscitate over family wishes. They are not wanting to be in that position but they have to decide who lives and dies and it is taking a toll on the medical profession here. My girlfriend is a nurse. Telling a mom of young child that she can't stay in hospital with her kid. Heartbreaking. April 12th should be an interesting day.

MinnieM123

Premium Member

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom