The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

donaldtoo

Daniel's (SonIL) 30th birthday is tomorrow, so Megan is planning a drive-by birthday celebration. They're goin' on a walk at around 7p and many family and friends will be there to surprise him...she originally, obviously, had a much more involved celebration planned, but, we all know why that can't happen, so this should be a real hoot for him that we all "showed up" regardless...!!!!!!! :joyfull::happy:

21stamps

Daniel's (SonIL) 30th birthday is tomorrow, so Megan is planning a drive-by birthday celebration. They're goin' on a walk at around 7p and many family and friends will be there to surprise him...she originally, obviously, had a much more involved celebration planned, but, we all know why that can't happen, so this should be a real hoot for him that we all "showed up" regardless...!!!!!!! :joyfull::happy:

I was at a drive by birthday at noon today! We all made signs, some cars with balloons, had noise makers, and did a Vehicle Parade by the birthday house. He loved it!

donaldtoo

I was at a drive by birthday at noon today! We all made signs, some cars with balloons, had noise makers, and did a Vehicle Parade by the birthday house. He loved it!

Yep, I saw that in the other thread.
She texted us about it this morning. I guess it's gonna' be a "thing" for a while...although, technically, since we're on "lockdown", I guess we're all breakin' the law...!!!!! :hilarious:

1585352196495.png

donaldtoo

And the winning look for Emy yesterday was:

View attachment 458954

CARMEN MIRANDA!!! :hilarious:

Yep, I totally got that reference…!!! :)
Again, I LOVE them all, but, I think if I have to pick a fav this time it's gonna' be the rainbow cloud pic with Emy's beautifully perfect toothy grin...I also found it so funny about the thundercloud over Daniel's head while he's tryin' to work...and, again, I'm posting screenshots, and these things are so much funnier on Skype as they are animated in real time...!!!!!!! :joyfull::hilarious:

donaldtoo

So, DWifey lost her job today. I've seen the train comin' down the track for quite some time, as I've been through this stuff more than once during my lifetime...although, I haven't heard anything, as such, I don't expect to be employed much longer. But, we have assets. Plus, we can all apply for UI...hell, DWifey and I have been payin' into that system for well over 40 years and have never tapped into it before...as many of y'all know, we worked our beeeeeeeeeeehinds off in retail during the last recession, holding as many as 3 jobs at a time. I'd do that again, if I had to, but, on lockdown, there aren't many jobs to even try to apply for, unlike the last recession which had nothing to do with a pandemic.

Just gonna' throw these 3 pics out there from happier times...one from our last cruise in early October, one from our Sweet Berry Farm visit on October 26th, and the classic Emy jungle Cruise pic from our "Worldwind" WDW trip on October 29th...!!!!!!! :joyfull::inlove::happy:

C7F87894-47CD-4275-8F23-0C1C15BA2EB7.jpeg
5B06DA0F-0444-4432-80E3-0CE514DD4412.jpeg
580A281E-D84F-450E-94B8-10B769F439D0.jpeg

Goofyernmost

I forgot to mention something that may only happen at Wegmans or Whole food. While Wegmans had full cases of meat their tofu and Beyond Meat type products were not well stocked at all. That happens quite a bit at my Wegmans. Happily I can still order tofu by the case and can have it in the store to pick up in a few days. Wegmans also seems to sell more cider and fancier beer than the cheap stuff.
I stopped in the store today and found most of the suspected items (paper) still sporting empty shelves, but then I went past another area and a thought flashed into my mind. We all know how people feel about their pets and yet the selves are fully stocked. Aren't they afraid that they will run out of dog or cat food and the animal will starve. I don't even have a pet, and that thought crossed my mind seeing the only area in the whole store that didn't even seemed like it was touched.

BAChicagoGal

I spent the last two days playing Animal Crossing. The game is a lot of fun. It takes my mind off the rising number of people who have coronavirus, and the people who have died. Today is my sister's birthday. I called to check on her, and her family, and they are all fine. While we were on the phone, her doorbell rang. It was her daughter, and her granddaughter. Obviously they had birthday plans that she knew nothing about. My grandson had a birthday 2 days ago, and we had a quiet family celebration (under 10 people) Pizza, birthday cupcakes, and yes, I did hug him. Nobody showing any symptoms in our household.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
So, DWifey lost her job today. I've seen the train comin' down the track for quite some time, as I've been through this stuff more than once during my lifetime...although, I haven't heard anything, as such, I don't expect to be employed much longer. But, we have assets. Plus, we can all apply for UI...hell, DWifey and I have been payin' into that system for well over 40 years and have never tapped into it before...as many of y'all know, we worked our beeeeeeeeeeehinds off in retail during the last recession, holding as many as 3 jobs at a time. I'd do that again, if I had to, but, on lockdown, there aren't many jobs to even try to apply for, unlike the last recession which had nothing to do with a pandemic.

Just gonna' throw these 3 pics out there from happier times...one from our last cruise in early October, one from our Sweet Berry Farm visit on October 26th, and the classic Emy jungle Cruise pic from our "Worldwind" WDW trip on October 29th...!!!!!!! :joyfull::inlove::happy:

View attachment 459117
View attachment 459118
View attachment 459116

This breaks my heart. 😢 we both went through so much in the last recession and shored each other up. This is different but feels very much the same. I feel so badly for C as she seemed to be content where she was. I pray your firm doesn’t have to make that decision again for you and others. So sad.

I read the stimulus package today and at least the base plus $600 per week and eventually the $1200 per adult should help get your family through a few months without having to dip into your nest egg too much.

it has been a rough couple of weeks for your family and I will add each of your family into my prayers for strength. Be well. Godspeed

Gabe1

Just out of the video on the left is a Costco. They only let X amount of cysteine at a time. The line stretched the entire section of that shopping center. Look at how well humans are socially distancing. Impressive. And glad I didn't need to go into Costco

Us we are now to the point of believing it is time to order supplies and have them delivered or do curbside pickups.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
What about each of you? What are you doing...or gonna do???

I just wanted to say thank you for about being so great at casually checking in on us here in the chit chat thread ❤️

I stopped in the store today and found most of the suspected items (paper) still sporting empty shelves, but then I went past another area and a thought flashed into my mind. We all know how people feel about their pets and yet the selves are fully stocked. Aren't they afraid that they will run out of dog or cat food and the animal will starve. I don't even have a pet, and that thought crossed my mind seeing the only area in the whole store that didn't even seemed like it was touched.

I think there are two reasons... One: most bags of dog food last about a month, depending on your dog size. And two: i think the panic has largely to do with people not knowing how much of whatever they actually use. Like when you see someone with six Costco size things of toilet paper, that legit would last us three years. But it doesn't look like all that much so it's easy to think it won't last long. Dogs generally eat the same amount every day of the same type of food. So it's easier to know how much food will get you through at a glance.

Those are just my thoughts. I didn't buy a new bag because what i have on will last is about another month.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member

View attachment 459117
View attachment 459118
View attachment 459116

Sorry to hear about your wife’s job. I wish your family all the best.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member

When my husband went to Walmart he went to get some extra food for our dog and it was picked over so he didn’t get another bag. The previous time he went there wasn’t much either. I’m hoping there is some when we stop in on Monday.

StarWarsGirl

Here I am recovering from knee surgery and the wife just gave me a laundry basket full of clean cloths and said fold these but but but I'm recovering from surgery was my plea. Her reply ---your arms still work ---I can't get no respect
My mom did that to me when I had my thyroid removed last year...I was like, really? But I've had major surgery! She was like yeah but if you can watch TV you can do that. 😂

Gabe1

Thank you it's the color my stylist loves, I miss her and will tip very well when I can return. BTW age is just a number, rock whatever you feel good in!

Yeah. I've always been a conservative lady. I've raised a daughter more conservative than I am. She self governs the length of a dress that is appropriate for her age as a young professional and socially. Then when she sees women my age in sundresses meant for high school and college students she has that Oh My Moment. Me just maintaining my once original hair color or a tad lighter is about out there I can ever be. I was a Catholic School girl ya know, brain washed from age 6.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom