The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

21stamps

We’re doing different exercises throughout the day, this calendar below (assigned by T’s PE teacher) is our daily break when T starts to get too distracted from school work...
Anyone here can do this with their family.. it’s actually fun!! A lot of them are challenges against a family member.

DAEDC9A9-1853-4A57-BBF3-AC97EBEDA864.jpeg

StarWarsGirl

I miss the gym and my gym rat buddies!
Same.

I think I might be the only person to actually be losing weight during this whole thing, though. I put on a pair of jeans because I'm going to need to run up to my office to grab some IT equipment. I can now pull my jeans all the way down without unzipping/unbuttoning them. 😳 I need to locate a belt. Apparently my Oreo eating isn't hurting me....

93boomer

Premium Member
I get the point of the senior hour... I don't understand why they wouldn't take care of the seniors and restock overnight. If the seniors then have to come back later in the day, then the senior hour is useless. They're still having to be exposed. That's all I was saying.
At least there weren’t as many out last night. It was dead compared to senior hour so he is going to wait and go right before close time when we run out of things. Much happier shopping experience and less stressful.

MouseDreaming

@MouseDreaming Isn’t your daughter a senior? How’s she doing?
She is a junior. I have to reassure her, on an almost daily basis, that she her academic career is going to be ok. While she gets upset about seniors being upset about missing graduation, prom, she finds it selfish. (Don't worry, we have talks about that, too.) Her point is while it affects their social life, this could potentially change her whole trajectory. She will not be able to visit schools. As an AP student, she must take those tests at home, online. She worries that this will encourage students to get a little help, and so a high score, won't mean as much. She must adjust to online learning, starting next week. There will be no SAT or ACT to help boost her application to better schools. And we are a school district that does not rank students. And I can tell her everyone is in the same boat, but it doesn't matter. Until we see how colleges respond to these holes, it is all just a big asterisk. She also feels very bad for her friends in sports that would have been "scouted" thiis Spring.

Add to this a no prom, with the dress hanging downstairs. No friends, live and in person. And she should be on her band trip in Cali right now. Yeah, it is rough. But, somehow, we will all get through.

21stamps

She is a junior. I have to reassure her, on an almost daily basis, that she her academic career is going to be ok. While she gets upset about seniors being upset about missing graduation, prom, she finds it selfish. (Don't worry, we have talks about that, too.) Her point is while it affects their social life, this could potentially change her whole trajectory. She will not be able to visit schools. As an AP student, she must take those tests at home, online. She worries that this will encourage students to get a little help, and so a high score, won't mean as much. She must adjust to online learning, starting next week. There will be no SAT or ACT to help boost her application to better schools. And we are a school district that does not rank students. And I can tell her everyone is in the same boat, but it doesn't matter. Until we see how colleges respond to these holes, it is all just a big asterisk. She also feels very bad for her friends in sports that would have been "scouted" thiis Spring.

Add to this a no prom, with the dress hanging downstairs. No friends, live and in person. And she should be on her band trip in Cali right now. Yeah, it is rough. But, somehow, we will all get through.

Oh this is so sad. She’s right though, juniors are so massively affected by this as well. I understand her concern. :(

I haven’t the slightest clue how colleges will sort academics and sports in this scenario, there’s nothing to use as a reference point. As you said though, they are all in this at the same time. Doesn’t make it easier on you or her when no one knows what will happen. My heart goes out to you both.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Warmer weather, no more shoveling or driving in snow, lower cost of living compared to NY, no state income tax, many friends and relatives from NY already settled in FL, cheap airfares from NY/NJ direct to FL, retirees would rather live in warm than cold weather, WDW! ... Just a few things off the top of my head..😉 Another thing is that in FL, " NY style pizza", bagels and Chinese food are a joke. You can't fool the New Yorkers..
You're so right pizza is a joke, good Chinese can be found but it takes a bit of hunting, I can no longer do bagels but Erin McKenna's makes up for that

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom