The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Well it was an interesting morning today at school. At the end of our third hour class there was an announcement that all students and staff had to report to the gymnasium with our coats. What?!? That has never happened in my 18 years of teaching. So I check my email quick and nothing. By the time we all go to the gym the news was that there was a gas leak somewhere in our neighborhood and we were set to evacuate the building and head to our elementary school and possibly my husband's church (it is a school & town emergency shelter). Fortunately as we were about to evacuate the gas company had found the leak and we were able to stay at school It was a little scary though. Although my first thought when I heard about the gas leak was "I hope Kapono (my dog) is okay!" since we live near the school she could have been in danger too!

NateD1226

Well it was an interesting morning today at school. At the end of our third hour class there was an announcement that all students and staff had to report to the gymnasium with our coats. What?!? That has never happened in my 18 years of teaching. So I check my email quick and nothing. By the time we all go to the gym the news was that there was a gas leak somewhere in our neighborhood and we were set to evacuate the building and head to our elementary school and possibly my husband's church (it is a school & town emergency shelter). Fortunately as we were about to evacuate the gas company had found the leak and we were able to stay at school It was a little scary though. Although my first thought when I heard about the gas leak was "I hope Kapono (my dog) is okay!" since we live near the school she could have been in danger too!
Omg! That is scary! I am glad everything turned out ok :)

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Just spent 10 minutes watching a cloud trying to turn into a tornado. Crazy.

Scary. In my state, it's rare that we get tornadoes, and if so, it's the way lesser intensity and quicker duration ones.

The closest I ever came to one was a few years ago. There was a tornado watch for a large area. So, I'm sitting on a train on the way home from work that evening (it was light out, in the summer), and the train stopped briefly for a rail crossing signal. Looking out the window, I could see some huge clouds above, and all of a sudden, I saw rotation. Completely freaked me out watching this. (Then, I noticed that everyone on my side of the train car was fixated at the clouds above as well.) Luckily, it didn't turn into a tornado, but that was close enough for me! :jawdrop: P.S.: There was one tornado (an F1) that landed about 15 miles from where I saw the rotation.

FutureCEO

They did that when I was in elementary school but instead of a gas leak it was a chemical plant. We all went to the high school a few miles away.

Rista1313

raises hand I do, I do. Orange Bird freely roamed that area in the MK. I kept my plastic orange with the straw and OB imprint forever (until one day my Mom purposefully and deliberately threw it out. :cautious:😢

This one
8d5029ca062ba75795d7c98f7db18e14.jpg

I had one just like it too!

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I had a Gino's East frozen pizza pie in the freezer... so that's what we ate! Not as good as the real Gino's East in Chicago, but it'll do!

I find Gino Easts frozen pizzas one of the very best frozen pies. I do doctor it before I put in oven. I posted this a few weeks ago.

I put a thin layer of mozzarella on top of their frozen sauce Mix together a Can of diced tomatoes, a little chopped garlic, and olive oil and dump on top of mozzarella. Sprinkle a little Italian seasoning on top of tomato mixture. Takes about 2 minutes

It turns out so yummy

donaldtoo

We aleways giggle a little when we see people in California or Florida all bundled up in parkas when it is in the 50’s and 60’s. I guess it is all in what you are used to. We live in Wisconsin so we are used to cold, although our summers can get hot.

For our trip we will just be enjoying Disneyland and DCA. We though about going to a beach one day but I don’t know if we will have time and I can’t find a rate I like on a rental car. We have plans for a Trader Sams cocktail class at DCA, and dessert party for World of Color. I also want to try some brews at Ballast Point. But in general it will just be go with the flow.

Beer lovers coincidence...?
I think not...!!!!! :hilarious: 🍻 :D;):)

donaldtoo

I love daylight savings because the family can take a walk when dh gets home at 6. He can also enjoy outdoor time more after work, so he is less grumpy. When we go to Disney we can enjoy more of it longer because it isn't dark at like 5. When it gets dark, I want to go to sleep. That's just me though. Whatever floats your boat.;)

Yep, same here...!!! :)
Drivin’ to work in the dark is better than drivin’ home in it...!!!
We love more daylight in the evenin’...the more light in the evenin’, the better...!!!!! :happy:
Mostly, we just love sunshine ☀️...!!!!!!! :joyfull:;):)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom