The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MouseDreaming

@figmentfan423 and maybe this week Mrs. @Songbird76

Tangled fan here

This is the awesome restaurant I had breakfast in this morning They understand.

Most awesome ceiling ever.
What restaurant? The picture isn't showing for me.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Happy Weekend everyone! I hope you all are having a good weekend, and I hope @Cesar R M is feeling better. We have another snow storm coming, 7-10 (maybe even 12) inches of snow. So @Mr Ferret 88 if you really want snow, we have plenty! So anyway, with the incoming snow hubs and I changed our plans for Friday & Saturday to Thursday & Friday.

On Thursday we went out to dinner at a new to us restaurant, just a family dinner we had been hearing about and it was fantastic. Every time I mentioned going there to hubs he poo-poo'd it and I finally made him go on Thursday. Now he loves it and wants to go again. 🤓 After dinner we went to see Captain Marvel, in the end I really liked it. It took me a little while to get into it but once the movie go rolling it was great. A great movie to be released around International Women's Day.

Then last night, I worked late at school but after hubs had bacon cheeseburgers from our local bar. Then we ventured into a nearby town for a local theater production of How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying. The local group did a great job and it was really funny.

Now today hubs is at church event, and I'm at home with the dog. She is ignoring me, I think she is mad that I left her that last two nights. But tonight we are having homemade chicken Alfredo with sourdough bread and roasted tomatoes. Yum!

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I don't know the weather in two weeks, but it is very windy here in CA haha. You might want to bring some warm jackets just in case!

I will bring a sweatshirt that should be enough for me. I looked at the 10 day forecast and it looks to be a high of low 70's which will feel fantastic. The lows look to be in the mid 50's so a sweatshirt should be fine, although I will bring a hat and some stretchy gloves too just in case. But with our lows being around -20 (with real feel of -30's) to a high of being in the teens even 40's will feel warm! :)

NateD1226

I will bring a sweatshirt that should be enough for me. I looked at the 10 day forecast and it looks to be a high of low 70's which will feel fantastic. The lows look to be in the mid 50's so a sweatshirt should be fine, although I will bring a hat and some stretchy gloves too just in case. But with our lows being around -20 (with real feel of -30's) to a high of being in the teens even 40's will feel warm! :)
The weather being in the 40's here is like the Antarctica weather of California 😂 Do you have anything special planned for the trip?

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
The weather being in the 40's here is like the Antarctica weather of California 😂 Do you have anything special planned for the trip?

We aleways giggle a little when we see people in California or Florida all bundled up in parkas when it is in the 50’s and 60’s. I guess it is all in what you are used to. We live in Wisconsin so we are used to cold, although our summers can get hot.

For our trip we will just be enjoying Disneyland and DCA. We though about going to a beach one day but I don’t know if we will have time and I can’t find a rate I like on a rental car. We have plans for a Trader Sams cocktail class at DCA, and dessert party for World of Color. I also want to try some brews at Ballast Point. But in general it will just be go with the flow.

NateD1226

We aleways giggle a little when we see people in California or Florida all bundled up in parkas when it is in the 50’s and 60’s. I guess it is all in what you are used to. We live in Wisconsin so we are used to cold, although our summers can get hot.

For our trip we will just be enjoying Disneyland and DCA. We though about going to a beach one day but I don’t know if we will have time and I can’t find a rate I like on a rental car. We have plans for a Trader Sams cocktail class at DCA, and dessert party for World of Color. I also want to try some brews at Ballast Point. But in general it will just be go with the flow.
Sounds like so much fun! I would definitely hit up the beach if you can. It is so nice to just walk on the sand and watch the waves.

Songbird76

Not that it has any weight to it, but, I would think that the only place that is going to be a madhouse is DHS itself. The opening will bring in a lot of people, but, a vast grouping of them are going for Star Wars only. They aren't interested in the other parks at the opening. Sure, there will be some spill over, but, not as bad as it might seem it would be. DHS, the Water Parks and the Hotels/Restaurants will require that you make reservations as quickly as possible for either on or offsite accommodations.
I would make an offsite reservation now not later. You can do that before the mad rush kicks in. Then if you want and can get an onsite reservation, just cancel the first one. Seriously, this is going to be big... don't wait.
Well, I'm guessing there will be a lot of spill over to other parks, because there will be limited capacity in HS. When Wizarding World first opened in Florida back in 2010, we went a month after it opened. Park opening was 9, and I think we were there around 9:30 and couldn't get into the Wizarding World at all. It had already reached capacity. We had to go other places until some people cleared out of Harry Potter land. I'm guessing SW:GE will be similar, but Toy Story Land is also relatively new and still very popular....add the 2 together, and all of HS might be at capacity to the point that they start turning people away, who will then have to go to other parks. I guess we'll see!

Songbird76

I have been to WDW twice in the middle of July. Is that when you are going? I remember thinking that it seemed quieter that time of year than it was in May. That was 2015 and 2017.
July 20th- August...3rd? 4th? I know we check in on the 20th and we are there for 2 weeks. It was pretty busy when we went in 2016...that was around the same time. I think then it was July 25th for 10 days. I remember that towards the end, it had slowed down a LOT, because the kids went back to school.

Songbird76

I'm exhausted....I should be sleeping. We went to this GeoFort thing today...it's an educational "theme park". It's all science-based stuff....there's an interactive sandbox where you can create different topography and push a button to change from volcanos to rivers, etc. They had a mine craft scavenger hunt. They had some mazes that you had to answer questions about weather, land, etc to get the code to get out. There were computers where you simulate air jobs like...finding illegal plants, or logging improvements made to buildings for zoning. There was a station where you could build a tower and every minute or so it would simulate an earthquake and you could see how well your tower withstood it. Lot's of stuff to do. So then we go to dinner at this all you can eat place with different stations. We were around an hour into it I get back to the table and DH is grey and shaking and says he's in a lot of pain and he's calling urgent care because he thinks he might have appendicitis. We rushed out of the restaurant and to the hospital urgent care place. Fortunately, it was a quick diagnosis, and NOT appendicitis.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3ITjqLSAZY

So he's fine, but it was draining. The restaurant was so nice...we had told them why we were leaving early, and they let us come back to finish our meal. So we're back home now, DH feels fine, and he got some strong pain meds in case it flares up again. He has to go to our doctor on Monday morning to check up, see how it's going. Poor DS had a really hard time. He LOVES sheep, and one of the things at GeoFort was the minecraft thing, and they had a stuffed sheep from Minecraft, and we let him get it. His name is Notch. So throughout the whole thing, DS is talking to Notch like "Are you scared, Notch?" or "Notch wants to know what appendicitis is?" And then when we found out it was kidney stones, he says "Do you feel better, Notch?" and then he talks as Notch "Yes, but I'm still scared daddy might need surgery," so we had to talk about how that's rare, kidney stones aren't usually dangerous, etc. It was just sad. He was trying so hard not to cry and he was SO happy when DH came back out and said he was fine.

So that was my day. Anyone else have an "adventure"?

Songbird76

I don't get it. If you have an 'awesome' new land to many (so not me) and there is only 2 attractions how to you open a land with construction walls still up in the tiny footprint? I fail to understand this decision. I'm just sad this abuts TOY as I genuinely love that new area and sadly SW is going to invade that area as guests wait forever for a shot at a Mini opening of SW.

The upside to the early opening is at least the Gondolas should launch. I'm not staying at one of those resorts in the fall but I'm kinda excited to ride one.
Yeah, I was wondering about that, too....they keep saying fall for the gondolas, but if they are going to open up even PART of SW:GE, they need better transportation! So I'm wondering if they will push it up a few weeks. It would be nice if those were open while we're there. We're at CBR, so the gondolas might be great for us.

Songbird76

Oh man, that wind can be killer! It wasn't overly cold today, but the wind!! Apparently a windmill blew over (picture under "schade") https://www.ad.nl/binnenland/overlast-door-harde-wind-meerdere-gewonden~a7b923a4/

And a biker was injured when a tree fell on him. We didn't have too much trouble where we were, though the gusts were really strong. We played all day at the fort and then we got in the car just as it was starting to sprinkle. We pulled out of the parking lot and it was full on raining. We got 2-3 minutes away and suddenly it turned into hail. Just tiny little pellets, so they did no damage, but the wind was so strong that the rain and hail came in horizontal. Then after our visit to the hospital, we were headed back to the restaurant and I saw a cloud that I kept my eye on. DD took a picture, but she thinks she lost it. But there was this cloud bank, completely straight, except one little funnel-shaped tail. It never amounted to anything, but that's the kind of cloud my mother always warned us to watch, because those could become tornados.

Not my picture, and not where we were, but this is pretty much what it looked like: (if DD still has the pic she took, I'll post it tomorrow)

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
It is raining it is windy and chilly but at least not freezing or snow. Needed to be outside so we drove to the outside outlet mall hoping to beat the rain which happened...until we walked up to the stores. Monsoon.

UMBRELLAs UP ☂

So Disney Shopping it was

A new Disney Backpack from TDS

A really soft new hat

A new reversible belt from Bass

A new Vera Bradley airplane pillow that will slip over the handle of my carry on suitcase

And new Disney warm weather Under
Armour shoes vs ASICS for colder Disney months.

And a new mini wallet with lots of slots from Fossil. It will fit in my shorts pocket which are smaller than jeans. Thinking I might need not to carry a bag into the Studios
For the September trip. Dang StarWars.

Came back a tiny bit wet. DD soaked, peeling layers off in the car on the pilgrimage home.

I felt better with some albeit wet fresh air.

And I followed @figmentfan423 golden Rule to NEVER PAY RACK Rates

$128 Total. My shoes alone would have cost more rack rate. Simon Outlet Malls are awesome during seasonal clearances. They have quality stores and 70% off many items with an additional 30% off the markdown price. So much cheaper than normal department or box store sales.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom