The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
How could I forget pi day! Thanks for the reminder. And that pie looks delicious!

But...but...but...How could you forget Pi Day, it is like one of the most important days of the years. Hope you rectified your pie shortage.

The pie is wondrous. :hungry: It is only generally to food institutions like hospitals, school dining, cafeterias etc. One of the ladies at my DD dorm told her to check Sara Lee outlets and they did have Fruits of the Forest however those outlets around here all closed down. My DD also as the woman in her dining hall where their chocolate chip cookie dough was from and she told her that it was frozen dessert area of Gordon Foods. We went to buy some for home and it took 2 shelves in my side by side freezer, they sell for volume. But when we were look for the cookies low and behold there at GF's was the Giant, Fruits of the Forest Pie!!!!!! :inlove:

Gabe1

Most of our schools are old, so it wasn't standard to have air conditioning. The newer school have included it I think, but not many new schools in our area. We are just "old school" I guess... :hilarious:

We have 3 schools and an admin center. The primary and elementrary building were built in 1958 and 1960 and our middle school was built in 1942 (I don't drink water out of that buildings pipes ;)) In 1989 the 2 newer buildings were updated, asbestos removed, new windows and A/C. In 1990 the middle school underwent the same rehab. Our District out bonds to pay for it over a 20 year period to keep tax increase very low. The community wanted AC in their schools and pressured the administrators and board to make it happen and to look into other ways to offset some of the costs. The district did receive a grant for 3 roofs and windows under a Federal Grant for Noise Reduction, so that also saved a pile of monies.

Gabe1

Wow! That totally doesn't surprise me though, I mean, look at how cute that face is! I wonder how many of those people actually remember what/who orange bird is?

raises hand I do, I do. Orange Bird freely roamed that area in the MK. I kept my plastic orange with the straw and OB imprint forever (until one day my Mom purposefully and deliberately threw it out. :cautious:😢

This one
8d5029ca062ba75795d7c98f7db18e14.jpg

Last edited:

Gabe1

So, anyone see A Star is Born? Watched it last weekend on DVD. Can't say it was all that great. The singing parts with Lady Gaga were good, but I didn't find the story all that intriguing. (By the way, I never saw any of the older versions of this movie; I think the original dated back to around 1937.)

The music was awesome back in the original. What I learned this week that as written it couldn't be decided how to end the movie. There were 10 different endings. Once filmed they decided.

Gabe1

As long as you don't find
an adult toy, YUCK
as I found while putting a suitcase under a bed in a hotel room once. I got moved and a night comped, but still.........…...…............
Years ago at a summer resort up North one of the beds was a sleeper sofa. And at night we unfolded the sleeper sofa, the dirty sheets were wadded up in there and guy 'wrappers.'

🥵

Gabe1

I may have View attachment 356825 bought a pie instead of baking my own for National Pie Day. 😉

Yum. Ours was frozen and baked last night.

My DD said she wants to know if you'll share a piece? Peach has become her new love but it is hard to up here fresh or frozen. Her love came for peach at Columbia House with free dining back when it included a dessert. She love love loves CH Peach Cobbler.

wdwfan4ver

Most of our schools are old, so it wasn't standard to have air conditioning. The newer school have included it I think, but not many new schools in our area. We are just "old school" I guess... :hilarious:
I know how that is with schools, although my parents house does have air conditioning despite the age of it. The schools I went to were even older than my parents house including the High School I went to was built in 1914. My parents house was built when Calvin Coolidge was president of the United States.

Most of my parents house has air conditioning except for the first room of the top floor. That room does not have any vents at all, but you can put a window air conditioner.

Gabe1

I know how that is with schools, although my parents house does have air conditioning despite the age of it. The schools I went to were even older than my parents house including the High School I went to was built in 1914. My parents house was built when Calvin Coolidge was president of the United States.

Most of my parents house has air conditioning except for the first room of the top floor. That room does not have any vents at all, but you can put a window air conditioner.

Eons ago when I was in 6th grade our Elementary School had a 3rd floor, converted attic into 4 classroom (baby boomer problems)They put window units in those classrooms. Chicago Public Schools have many Depression Era Schools that have window units too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom