The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Goofyernmost

Thanks for the heads up on that one. Around here Golden Corral gave free meals to Veterans, but, it was an absolute mad house. I appreciated that they did that, but, It wasn't worth the 10 bucks to sit at giant tables next to people I didn't know. I'm friendly enough, but, everyone wants you to recite your Military experience and I have made a habit out of not talking about that very much over the years. They did it up nice though. They used to have precision marching units putting on exhibitions just outside and they also had musicians, groups and individuals that rotated music that covered the different eras of veterans that were there. WWII and Korea big band sounds, Vietnam had our rock music of the time, and so on. One thing this country hasn't been without is a war to remember.

It was also very good for business. Yes, they gave away a free meal to the Vet, but, the Vet usually brought their families and they paid full price. With a buffet setup, who would even notice what the vet ate when it was unlimited for everyone. Still a very nice gesture.

donaldtoo

Maybe her cats all look alike and no one will know how many she has unless they see them all together. "Wow....I swear I just the cat over by that tree. How did he get to the windowsill so fast??"

No clue what the cats look like, but, funny you mention a window sill...one of her specific requests is for a kitchen window boxout above her sink with a 6 inch raised sill looking out back to the courtyard for the cats to lay on.
Done those a million times over the last 40+ years, but, have never had it specifically requested for cat lounging...!!!!! :hilarious:

donaldtoo

I am surprised there are such deed restrictions in a city. It also seems like the houses are one on top of the other. Nice neighborhood otherwise. I prefer some space between neighbors.

Yep, they’re pretty close together. The subdivision is kinda’ in an urban/suburban area in relation to downtown Houston.
As far as the deed restrictions go, the city has it’s own, and the subdivision can be even more restrictive beyond those, as long as they do not supersede to less restrictive.
For example, here in Austin, we have the city codes, then the McMansion ordinances for specific areas of town, and then many of those neighborhoods have their own specific “overlays”.
It can all combine to make a WHOLE LOT of fun for us...!!!!! :D :hilarious:

StarWarsGirl

Good morning all. Enjoy some snuggles from Callum and Marble.
full
Aww, back and white babies.

Wish mine cuddled like that. They enjoy more chasing each other around the house than anything. And trying to manipulate the humans into giving them more food.

donaldtoo

The right picture is why I prefer cats to dogs. I still love babies. I should say I love my babies. Mine were very cuddly. They still are.:) I don't necessarily like all babies. I think it is fine that you don't want kids though. :) Maybe @donaldtoo can design you a cat room when you have your own place one day.:)

Pup family here, all the way...!!!!!!! 🐶🐕:inlove:
But, I will design rooms for whatever pet anyone has, as long as your “checks” don’t bounce...!!! ;)

Figgy1

Premium Member
Wrapping it up here for the night. Tomorrow, gotta get a bus at 5:45 AM to work. We have day-long meetings and then an evening dinner off-site, with about 40 people. Normally I'd like the free dinner at the fancy schmancy, but after working extra hours, I'd rather not go. :cautious: I'll get home probably around 9 PM.

So happy Friday tomorrow to the rest of you, anyway. I'll check back in on Saturday. :cat:
Sympathy like and good luck! Are you moving date night to tomorrow? I hope you get 2 meals out:joyfull:

Figgy1

Premium Member
Too tall. I want to fit it in my new kitchen cart. Sadly the height between the shelves is 10 inches. I don't want it on top because I have a stupid issue with sight lines. I basically don't want to see it. I know, stupid. The smallest Breville will fit, but it is not convection. There is a Hamilton Beach convection toaster that will fit, but it is not the prettiest thing. Yep, first world problems.:rolleyes:
Sympathy like

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom