The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Goofyernmost

I have a question for anyone with computer savvy greater then my own, (which btw covers most everyone beyond the age of 2). My computer has been acting erratically over the last few weeks. Three weeks ago it was running very fast, no delay at all. Then all of a sudden it slowed down to a snails pace and either took forever to react or would freeze up for a few seconds and then start working again. Then just when I was about to call an expert in, it worked like it always did for a day or two and back to snail pace. Then after a few days it was back to normal for almost a week and then it was back to bad. As it is now.

It takes forever to start up, but, the initiation of whatever internet server I use (mostly Chrome, but, I also have occasion to use Microsoft and Firefox takes what seems like forever. Once it connects it starts out slow and then will pick up the pace and be fine. I can watch You Tube for hours on end with no interruption, but, trying to watch some video items that are on a site like this one will be a crap shoot. Sometimes fine other times freezes, goes again, freezes. I have run the Windows Security checks and even though they have found a few issues, according to them they had clean up whatever threat existed, but, it didn't change what my computer is doing.

The longer I am on a site, again like this one, the more it speeds up. I have typed this entire post, at least to here with no pauses or delays.

I haven't done much about it because of many other problems that I have mention personally, but, I am going to need this computer for searches a lot more for awhile and I can't afford to have it up and die right when I need it most. My question is what do any of you think is the problem. Is it a virus that Windows is unable to recognize? Could it be my provider Spectrum which has a test to see how many gigs it is operating at and if I check it when it is operating slow or fast and it appears to be operating within 1 or 2 gigs in those situations and at the rate that I had purchased. Is there some type of maintenance that I should be doing (I do nothing) that might help or be this type of problem if it isn't done. Or is my hard drive taking it's final stroll down the cyber highway? Oh yea, it should be mentioned that it is slow to sign on even programs that are not connected to the internet. So I'm thinking that it is my internal works and not directly connected to the internet or websites. But, I really don't know. HELP!

Possible clue... it let me type freely until I put on the Caps Lock to type HELP and it stopped dead, then after a pause put in the word help. I have typed this last paragraph with no delays Caps Lock or Not.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom