The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MinnieM123

Premium Member
DS told me yesterday that Europe is thinking of getting rid of the time change, and if it goes through, each country has to choose which time they want to keep. They must have talked about it at school. I've heard nothing about it, but he remembered the pros and cons of each way, etc. He gave me a whole spiel.

I'd love just ONE time all year round. Changing times twice a year is so disruptive on many levels. :banghead:

Songbird76

Yep, she owns it.
We’re, initially, incorporating a coupla’ high walled courtyards into the design to try and keep the cats in the yard :rolleyes:, because the cats are apparently of the indoor/outdoor variety. Plus, there will be, literally, and no joke, an entire cat room inside the house.
As far as the deed restrictions go, if she didn’t read ‘em thoughly before she signed, well, I don’t know what to say about that...
Funny thing is, she’s a steel company executive, and this will be her 4th home.
Her 3 other homes are in Palm Springs, somewhere in Colorado, and another somewhere in Florida.
Her roots are in Houston though, and this home is where she, eventually, wants to retire.
You’d think if she didn’t at least read the deed restrictions herself, she woulda’ at least had some assistant do it... :cyclops:
But, ultimately, somethin’ tells me she has enough jack to render it a non-issue... :cautious:;)

The site...

View attachment 325080
Maybe her cats all look alike and no one will know how many she has unless they see them all together. "Wow....I swear I just the cat over by that tree. How did he get to the windowsill so fast??"

Songbird76

Everything you said is correct.....as usual LOL 😀:)
I'm interested in your thoughts on Tony's if you did indeed eat there. The last couple of times we ate there it was pretty bad, so I did not put it on my list this time, even though Lady and the Tramp is my favorite.
BUT, a couple of days ago, someone posted a link to a PDF on the Disney Food Blog site that listed all the restaurants that will accept the dining plan in 2019, and Homecomin', Teppan Edo, and T-rex were all missing from it. In fact, most of the World Showcase TS venues were not listed, and there was not a single TS venue from Disney Springs on that list. So we're making contingincy plans in case that list is final, though we could not find that list from the official Disney site. If we have to replace those places on our list, I'd consider Tony's if it's better....I heard they got a new chef.

Songbird76

Are the Magic Bands reusable? If we were to go back 2 years from now, could the new booking info be linked to these bands 2 years down the road? There is a young boy who wants my band. I would be happy to let him have, but does Disney always send new ones or they hope you hold on to the old ones?
You always get new ones if you stay on property, but you can still use the old ones. @Tuvalu has quite a collection, and brings several on her trips and switches them out, though sometimes for some reason, they get deactivated and then a trip to guest relations is in order, I think?

Figgy1

Premium Member
I'm interested in your thoughts on Tony's if you did indeed eat there. The last couple of times we ate there it was pretty bad, so I did not put it on my list this time, even though Lady and the Tramp is my favorite.
BUT, a couple of days ago, someone posted a link to a PDF on the Disney Food Blog site that listed all the restaurants that will accept the dining plan in 2019, and Homecomin', Teppan Edo, and T-rex were all missing from it. In fact, most of the World Showcase TS venues were not listed, and there was not a single TS venue from Disney Springs on that list. So we're making contingincy plans in case that list is final, though we could not find that list from the official Disney site. If we have to replace those places on our list, I'd consider Tony's if it's better....I heard they got a new chef.
The list may not be final until close to the first of the year. It seems to get closer to the first every year:cautious:. Keeping my fingers crossed for you

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
I think they have to deal seperate with the world showcase restaraunts. They normally finalise and add them to the list closer to the time.

Songbird76

I think they have to deal seperate with the world showcase restaraunts. They normally finalise and add them to the list closer to the time.
I sure hope so! I can deal without Teppan Edo and T-rex, but I'm eating at Homecomin', even if I have to pay out of pocket for it. I NEED my fried chicken and mac n cheese fix! I've been looking forward to that one for MONTHS and we still have like 8 months until our trip!

Goofyernmost

DS told me yesterday that Europe is thinking of getting rid of the time change, and if it goes through, each country has to choose which time they want to keep. They must have talked about it at school. I've heard nothing about it, but he remembered the pros and cons of each way, etc. He gave me a whole spiel.
There aren't really that many pro's and con's from what I have been able too understand. There is still the same amount of daylight hours no matter what they do, it is just at a different posted time. Originally set up to maximize the amount of daylight hours during growing season for farmers. Also since we would be more likely to be sleeping during the morning hours it was just to push the daylight one hour backwards so we aren't using as much energy and are able to not be going to work in the dark and coming home in the dark year round. That, however is more the fault of the suns location then having anything much to do with any clock. The only big thought about it now is that on daylight saving time, kids would be having to go to school and wait for a bus in the dark. Of course the obvious solution is to start school an hour later and end the day an hour later. I wish we could just pick one and stick to it.

Goofyernmost

Yep, she owns it.
We’re, initially, incorporating a coupla’ high walled courtyards into the design to try and keep the cats in the yard :rolleyes:, because the cats are apparently of the indoor/outdoor variety. Plus, there will be, literally, and no joke, an entire cat room inside the house.
As far as the deed restrictions go, if she didn’t read ‘em thoughly before she signed, well, I don’t know what to say about that...
Her 3 other homes are in Palm Springs, somewhere in Colorado, and another somewhere in Florida.
Her roots are in Houston though, and this home is where she, eventually, wants to retire.
You’d think if she didn’t at least read the deed restrictions herself, she woulda’ at least had some assistant do it... :cyclops:
But, ultimately, somethin’ tells me she has enough jack to render it a non-issue... :cautious:;)

The site...

View attachment 325080
So did you ever think that at this point in time in your life you would be designing giant cat houses?

MySmallWorldof4

Yep, she owns it.

The site...

View attachment 325080
I am surprised there are such deed restrictions in a city. It also seems like the houses are one on top of the other. Nice neighborhood otherwise. I prefer some space between neighbors.

MySmallWorldof4

Some things in life just aren't funny! Guess who's still on daylight savings time.:banghead:
You too, huh? Got up at 3 to noisy cat. luckily I managed to get back to bed. We had a UPS delivery last night. Usually our deliveries come by 3. It got to 8 and I said to dh that it wasn't coming. So we fell asleep at 9 and then the dogs start barking. UPS guy came at 9:08 last night. Good thing we had the front lights on. I felt bad for him. Dh ordered some exercise slide board thing that weighs 40 pounds, and I had ordered stuff from Zulily and Land's End.(Got 50% off winter coats and 2 kids needed new ones.) So I felt bad that he had to deliver so much stuff so late at night. I don't know if it was our regular guy though.

SteveBrickNJ

You always get new ones if you stay on property, but you can still use the old ones. @Tuvalu has quite a collection, and brings several on her trips and switches them out, though sometimes for some reason, they get deactivated and then a trip to guest relations is in order, I think?
If you always get new ones then my wife's nephew can have mine when this trip is over....thanks.

SteveBrickNJ

I have to shave and shower so my reply for now will be brief. The staff was nice. The food was similar to Olive Garden. My family of three all liked it and casually...it SEEMED to me like the FEEL in the room was upbeat by other diners also.

Last edited:

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Are the Magic Bands reusable? If we were to go back 2 years from now, could the new booking info be linked to these bands 2 years down the road? There is a young boy who wants my band. I would be happy to let him have, but does Disney always send new ones or they hope you hold on to the old ones?
Thanks for the tag @Songbird76.
@SteveBrickNJ here’s a short MagicBand primer ~

MagicBands remain linked to your My Disney Experience account indefinitely. They will be listed as “active” (meaning they can be used on subsequent trips) unless you (or Disney) deactivate them. It only takes one click to deactivate a band, so it’s simple to do.

The battery life is supposedly 2-3 years. After that time ride photos may not appear in your account but you can still use the band at any touchpoint (admission, fastpasses) and to unlock the room door.

You have the option to select a new band for every trip, as well as the option to decline a new band (which I do sometimes since I visit so often, and having lots of bands in an MDE account can cause problems.)

You can use old bands on a new trip. If you stay off-property you can still use a band for admission and fastpasses (though obviously not for charging or unlocking your room door.)

MagicBands can only be linked to one person so if you give one to someone else it has no functionality for them. So feel free to give yours to the little boy (I assume he wants to use it as a toy?) On general principles, I would deactivate the band before giving it to him.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom