The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

FutureCEO

@FutureCEO , don't read this article . . . especially the listing of states (under the map, about halfway down the page) . . . :cautious:

https://wallethub.com/edu/best-worst-states-for-summer-road-trips/4648/

P.S.: I don't agree with the ranking.

Now I have to read it because you told me not to.

But all well.....it's true. People that live here don't want to live here. But hey, at least we came in 6 for safety.

PS - Google Rhode Island's governor and tell me she doesn't look like the Wicked Witch of the West.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Ugh. I'm so glad the drama with that is over. They left for vacation yesterday. He and I have not talked since. Some time apart is a good thing. My mom and I have talked both days and have texted periodically all day.

Speaking of the Mets, apparently we're playing a series against them and going to one of the games in the series. I figured it out when the tickets showed up in the mail today. :hilarious:

I think that things will improve a bit after your dad returns from a relaxing vacation. Sounds like you both need some space.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Now I have to read it because you told me not to1.

But all well.....it's true. People that live here don't want to live here. But hey, at least we came in 6 for safety.

PS - Google Rhode Island's governor and tell me she doesn't look like the Wicked Witch of the West.

Well, referring to the article, I was baffled why they ranked RI so low---I mean, even though it's a small state in comparison, it has some wonderful, historical places such as that whole area surrounding the Gilded Age. And, the ocean areas are gorgeous, too. Again, don't agree with the low rating.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Ouch... however, that was the last hit for Peggy Lee and was in late 1969. She hadn't recorded anything for years. It was just a song that happened to catch a lot of us in a pretty stressful time of our lives. So, yes, she was a favorite of my parents, but, it wasn't part of that era. And remember that she was the voice for "He's a Tramp" in Lady and the Tramp.
I remember Lady and the Tramp on VHS if that makes you feel better. ;)

Figgy1

Premium Member
Ugh. I'm so glad the drama with that is over. They left for vacation yesterday. He and I have not talked since. Some time apart is a good thing. My mom and I have talked both days and have texted periodically all day.

Speaking of the Mets, apparently we're playing a series against them and going to one of the games in the series. I figured it out when the tickets showed up in the mail today. :hilarious:
Just remember I have a loaner for you for when he gets home;) ps I also have a Mets poster you can hang in the living room:D

FutureCEO

Well, referring to the article, I was baffled why they ranked RI so low---I mean, even though it's a small state in comparison, it has some wonderful, historical places such as that whole area surrounding the Gilded Age. And, the ocean areas are gorgeous, too. Again, don't agree with the low rating.

True..we do have the Mansions but we also have

th

It might look beautiful but don't let looks deceive you. Construction just about every day and wicked narrow for four lanes. Btw...it's that high to let ships pass.

Providence-180015.jpg

The tall old building (Superman Building) on the left has been vacant since 2012 when Bank of America left. Though Richard Branson (whose Virgin Pulse HQ's is here) recently said he wants to make it into a hotel. But RI actually wanted to knock it down. History knocked down :eek:

MySmallWorldof4

Any reason that you care to share? I actually love the aroma. Walking past a Starbucks or similar business is a pleasure.....and I will admit that on the rare occasion that my wife treats herself to a specialty coffee....caramel frappuccino(spelling??)....she let's me have a sip and that's good! :hungry: If we are on a multi hour road trip she'll sometimes ask me to stop for that. It's not a part of her daily life.
Regular coffee I feel never has taste that lives up to the aroma.....i.e. Nescafe crystals stirred into a mug of boiling water....nah. Even Wawa "regular" coffee just does not interest me.
Flavor and kind of like you, don’t want to be a slave to it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom