The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

donaldtoo

440 cu. in

:hilarious:
I just posted about the 440 Magnum big block yesterday-ish ;). So, since that engine and the 426 big block had already been disqualified, I went for the next lowest cu. in. big block...the 383...!!!!! :cyclops: :joyfull:
But, I'll keep playing, even though I have no clue where your countdown is going...I just know I'm having fun trying to identify what I can...!!!!!!! :joyfull: ;) :)

MinnieM123

Premium Member
The $0.25 was with his UT student discount (which he always managed to get for me too, even though I wasn't a student - but, I'm pretty sure it was still only $0.50 for non-students), but, I do remember it covering the shoes, too. This was in the early 80's.
I just checked, and the Texas Union alley now charges (depending on day of the week) $2-$3/game for students, $3-$4/game for non-students...and, they now charge $2 for shoe rental. :bored:;)

And yes, I remember my folks being in a bowling league for about a year for the 18 mos. we lived in Huntsville, AL, and then for the first few years we lived San Jose, CA.
Then, my mom was in a league for several
years here in Austin, a while back.
Then, my pop started bowling again a few years ago, every Monday night, with some buddies from church...guess where my 85-year-old pop is right now...?!!!!! :hilarious:
He usually gets home around 9p. :)

And, we used to bowl with our kiddos about 4-6 times/year, but, it's been a few years...we need to pick that back up again, 'cause we always had a blast...!!!!!!! :joyfull::)

There are definitely some similarities in our families, years ago. As a side note, I was thinking that down in your area, you probably bowled with the larger bowling balls. Up here, it was always candlepin bowling. And bowling isn't nearly as popular as it was years ago, at least in my area. Happy to hear that your father still enjoys his night out with the boys! :joyfull:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Change of plans, going to look at the Civic as well. My dad suggested leasing and then getting a nicer car in a few years when I'm making more money. I was looking at the Civic's leasing deals, and they were fantastic.

Of course, he suggested the Buick Encore and then was rather irritated when I took his idea and applied it towards Honda's because he's eternally a GM man...

Never hurts to explore all options.

Just curious about the leasing thing. Here's a question, since you've been studying it. What if you get in a wreck -- don't you have to get the car repaired to exact factory specs?

In other words, let's say you buy a car and you get in a wreck. Even with insurance, you may or may not receive a completely "good as new" repair, but because it's your own car, you can sort of pick and choose how much more you want (or don't want) to spend. You have the option to just let a few (less noticeable) things go here and there, but with a leased vehicle, you may not have that option--and are responsible to shell out the money for perfection, so to speak.

So, what I'm trying to say above is that the monthly leasing rate might be reasonable, but just exactly, what happens if you need a repair on a leased vehicle, during the (let's say, 3-year) leasing term?

FutureCEO

puns-galore-3__880.jpg

:facepalm::hilarious:

I swear I just heard that joke. Or maybe that was previous years at the Laugh Floor.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom