The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Cesar R M

Sure, but is it still "mousekeeping"? I guess my question is: would you just leave a tip, or would you do the whole decorated envelope over the top thing that seems expected in Disney hotels? Can we just leave money?
I usually just write something nice (including a pic) in a small sheet of paper with a "heres your tip. thank you!" or similar and leave the money visible.

Figgy1

Premium Member
My buddy @Artemus posts on the game forum. I'd like to answer his question from over there......instead I'll answer it over here...(if that makes any sense o_O:D )
So Arte, I most recently have had a Wawa BLT sub and I am way over due for a Wawa Chicken Parm.!!:hungry:
Today was my last day of school. One of my students gave me an End of the Year gift......a Red Robin gift card :)
Very Cool!:cool:
Did you know you could find this just off property 1529568443176.png

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Sure, but is it still "mousekeeping"? I guess my question is: would you just leave a tip, or would you do the whole decorated envelope over the top thing that seems expected in Disney hotels? Can we just leave money?

I'm sure housekeeping would be happy for a tip, in any way you'd like to leave it! Envelopes are a cute idea, but entirely up to the guest. It doesn't seem out of the ordinary at all to decorate an envelope if you wish--it is Disney after all, and I'm sure yours would not be the first decorated envelope they have received.

MinnieM123

Premium Member

toon789.gif

MySmallWorldof4

Yes, it was always the larger ones.
And yes, they were discussing the general decline of bowling on the local radio talk show on my commute home from work a coupla' months ago, from it's heyday in the 50's and 60's.
I remember PBA tournaments being on some of the major networks all the time on the weekends back in the day.
Can't remember the last time I saw one on TV, but, it was many years ago.
I've always enjoyed bowling, even though it's not something we've done on a regular basis in many years.
May need to fix that...!

ETA...
Thanks! Pop still loves it...!!! :)
ESPN has broadcast bowling more recently. It was on when there were no other sporting events happening. It is there on the bottom rung of the sports totem pole, along with pool.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
And yes, they were discussing the general decline of bowling on the local radio talk show on my commute home from work a coupla' months ago, from it's heyday in the 50's and 60's.
I remember PBA tournaments being on some of the major networks all the time on the weekends back in the day.
Can't remember the last time I saw one on TV, but, it was many years ago.

Well, according to what MySmallWorldof4 just shared, it does make an occasional appearance on ESPN.

Bowling was definitely more popular years ago. Like yourself, I also recall it being on local TV stations -- competitions on Saturday or Sunday mornings. I rarely ever played, but liked watching it on TV.

I know at one point (at least up here) bowling alleys tried a resurgence with funky lighting, loud music, better snack bars, etc., to try and lure in a younger crowd. Results were mixed, but basically, the heydays were over. The bowling alleys are still around, but not nearly as much as in the past.

MySmallWorldof4

Well, according to what MySmallWorldof4 just shared, it does make an occasional appearance on ESPN.

Bowling was definitely more popular years ago. Like yourself, I also recall it being on local TV stations -- competitions on Saturday or Sunday mornings. I rarely ever played, but liked watching it on TV.

I know at one point (at least up here) bowling alleys tried a resurgence with funky lighting, loud music, better snack bars, etc., to try and lure in a younger crowd. Results were mixed, but basically, the heydays were over. The bowling alleys are still around, but not nearly as much as in the past.
We have an alley not 3 minutes away. It really needs a renovation, but kids do seem to still like it. Only $5 with shoe rental.

SteveBrickNJ

Did you know you could find this just off property View attachment 291382
Just off WHICH property? I have a WaWa 5 minutes from my home. I know this is unusual...but I actually don"t drink coffee. As a teen I saw how my dad was so addicted to it. He was my "driver" to various High School events but often I was late because he HAD to boil water and make his own instant Nescafe coffee.....then drink it at home. Only after that would he drive me to my evening Jazz band HS practice. I decided that I would not follow in his footsteps and decades later I have stuck to that.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Just off WHICH property? I have a WaWa 5 minutes from my home. I know this is unusual...but I actually don"t drink coffee. As a teen I saw how my dad was so addicted to it. He was my "driver" to various High School events but often I was late because he HAD to boil water and make his own instant Nescafe coffee.....then drink it at home. Only after that would he drive me to my evening Jazz band HS practice. I decided that I would not follow in his footsteps and decades later I have stuck to that.
:joyfull:
Disney there are 49 in the greater Orlando area

MySmallWorldof4

You’re not the only one here that doesn’t imbibe the bean from the coffee plant. I don’t either.

SteveBrickNJ

You’re not the only one here that doesn’t imbibe the bean from the coffee plant. I don’t either.
Any reason that you care to share? I actually love the aroma. Walking past a Starbucks or similar business is a pleasure.....and I will admit that on the rare occasion that my wife treats herself to a specialty coffee....caramel frappuccino(spelling??)....she let's me have a sip and that's good! :hungry: If we are on a multi hour road trip she'll sometimes ask me to stop for that. It's not a part of her daily life.
Regular coffee I feel never has taste that lives up to the aroma.....i.e. Nescafe crystals stirred into a mug of boiling water....nah. Even Wawa "regular" coffee just does not interest me.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom