The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

21stamps

Well, according to what MySmallWorldof4 just shared, it does make an occasional appearance on ESPN.

Bowling was definitely more popular years ago. Like yourself, I also recall it being on local TV stations -- competitions on Saturday or Sunday mornings. I rarely ever played, but liked watching it on TV.

I know at one point (at least up here) bowling alleys tried a resurgence with funky lighting, loud music, better snack bars, etc., to try and lure in a younger crowd. Results were mixed, but basically, the heydays were over. The bowling alleys are still around, but not nearly as much as in the past.

It’s too expensive!!! That’s the problem with it. We bowl once every couple of months, but I always hate the price.. there’s so much more to do for the same money.

21stamps

Any reason that you care to share? I actually love the aroma. Walking past a Starbucks or similar business is a pleasure.....and I will admit that on the rare occasion that my wife treats herself to a specialty coffee....caramel frappuccino(spelling??)....she let's me have a sip and that's good! :hungry: If we are on a multi hour road trip she'll sometimes ask me to stop for that. It's not a part of her daily life.
Regular coffee I feel never has taste that lives up to the aroma.....i.e. Nescafe crystals stirred into a mug of boiling water....nah. Even Wawa "regular" coffee just does not interest me.

Have you had a Yankee Candle coffee flavor? It smells just like fresh brewed coffee.

Goofyernmost

The like is for sharing music my grandparents liked. Runs and hides under large rock
Ouch... however, that was the last hit for Peggy Lee and was in late 1969. She hadn't recorded anything for years. It was just a song that happened to catch a lot of us in a pretty stressful time of our lives. So, yes, she was a favorite of my parents, but, it wasn't part of that era. And remember that she was the voice for "He's a Tramp" in Lady and the Tramp.

StarWarsGirl

For all the grief you got over the car.
Ugh. I'm so glad the drama with that is over. They left for vacation yesterday. He and I have not talked since. Some time apart is a good thing. My mom and I have talked both days and have texted periodically all day.

Speaking of the Mets, apparently we're playing a series against them and going to one of the games in the series. I figured it out when the tickets showed up in the mail today. :hilarious:

Disney Lover Addie

Ugh. I'm so glad the drama with that is over. They left for vacation yesterday. He and I have not talked since. Some time apart is a good thing. My mom and I have talked both days and have texted periodically all day.

Speaking of the Mets, apparently we're playing a series against them and going to one of the games in the series. I figured it out when the tickets showed up in the mail today. :hilarious:

I once ordered a package, and forgot about! I didn’t open it until 4 days after it delivered! :joyfull:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom