The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

StarWarsGirl

Are you talking about my son?
:hilarious: See? He's not the only one.

The annoying thing is that we got home at around midnight, and both of us needed showers. I've been battling a migraine on and off, but no, he had to go first. And he usually uses my parents' bathroom to bathe and the powder room for other purposes (he doesn't like sharing a bathroom with me. Not sure why, but I'm fine with not sharing). But even though my parents have a nicer shower than me, he insists on showering in my bathroom on the rare occasion he showers instead of taking a bath. And then he leaves it a mess. Towel on the floor (even though there's a hamper in there...) leaves his shampoos and stuff in there, clothes on the floor...so not only can I not hop in right after him, I have to make him clean up.

If he does this again, he's using my parents' bathroom. I know for a fact that he does not leave theirs a mess.

Teenagers. :rolleyes:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Welp, it's 28 days before Toys R Us closes it's doors for good, and since I only work there on weekends now....this is going to be brutal. I've never been part of something like this and I'm not looking forward to it. Woohoo.

Better wear your riot gear. ;) (Just kidding . . . :) )

At least it will make the time fly by for you on your shift, because the store will be so busy!

MinnieM123

Premium Member
There's this show i really love (don't judge me) about the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders, and their team is a very elite cheerleading team. There are some women who make the team only after trying out 3-5 years in a row. They're good, but the team is elite, so being good isn't enough.

I like that show, too! A few years ago, I kinda stumbled on it, while channel surfing. Oddly enough, even though I don't like football, I found the cheerleading show to be fascinating. Never realized how competitive a cheer team like that is, and the high standards they need to achieve/maintain to stay on the squad. Gotta give them credit--they work very hard.

FutureCEO

Welp, it's 28 days before Toys R Us closes it's doors for good, and since I only work there on weekends now....this is going to be brutal. I've never been part of something like this and I'm not looking forward to it. Woohoo.

Sadness. Though it is kinda of ironic in a way. People are coming to the store because it's cheaper. Who would have thought?

Toys R Us and Barnes and Noble are two different stores but a prime example why Disney and Universal can't keep up their current prices in the long term.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Sadness. Though it is kinda of ironic in a way. People are coming to the store because it's cheaper. Who would have thought?

Toys R Us and Barnes and Noble are two different stores but a prime example why Disney and Universal can't keep up their current prices in the long term.
I disagree. Disney and Universal are a different animal to those. B&N and Toys R Us are retail based that have fallen foul of changing shopping dynamics.
The Theme parks offer an experience. And by raising the prices and making more "parties" they are making a more exclusive experience.
The tipping point will come when people no longer believe that the experience is worth the cost. That for me is going to be a long way off.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom