The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Last trip $100 round trip for the 4 of us:D

Yep. But nobody would love me if you stuff me in a car for 24 hours to get to WDW, it likely would not be pretty. Needing at least 2 travels days out of vacations time likely 4 cause 24 hours on the road is rough and gets dangerous, hotels one each way, our tolls and gas. 2 hours for tsa and 2.5 hours in air and I'm there.

And boy am I happy TSA and Disney got on the same page and leaving 4 hours before your flight has gone bye bye. Amen. That was rediculous our last trip. We had a long drawn out meal at Ruby's to kill time. Crazy even with well over an hour to clear TSA.

Gabe1

$75 won't even get us off our island.

Our airfare generally is $200-$350 round trip/each. These are fluky airfares when dates and times have a lot of wiggle room. This weekend it would have by chance worked for Thursday night 'till Monday evening. We didn't wind up doing it and let it go. Since we have normally travel led with CM discounts which are not as grand as they once were these APs are just way too tempting at this point in my life. It didn't help that our December Trip was so freak'n cold even though we had a lot of fun cold is cold.

Gabe1

Yup, Riley is big celebrity here now! :D
Dang she is almost as cute as Fiona the Hippo.

The University that my DD graduated from trains service dogs, it is done by student volunteer organization. This winter during student holiday break we saw one of the puppies about the same age as Riley walking Woodfield Mall crowded beyond...the pup was dong a very good job with the student. The Pups in training always go home with a student for all breaks they are not left behind.

She was training him with tiny treats and I liked to see how the pup was looking up to her face to look for direction. That is how I've trained all my Pups, to pay attention to me when out on a lead. Until SQUIRREL anyhow.

giphy.gif

Cesar R M

Interested in hearing your review! Seems either people are loving or hating.
Just got back..

Just to make a follow up:

• The movie moves pretty slow, slower than most movies.
  • This is the most "realistic" movie of Del Toro. As in not that many magical stuff (like Hell boy or Pan's Labyrinth)
  • Most people hate it because it might be "boring" at first. others hate it because it goes from very cute stuff to very violent. Portraying very racist and violent individuals, also the duplicity of Agents right in the height of the cold war. And also they portray the "military" and "agents" like very bad guys whose job doesn't is against what the country supposedly was to be for (aka honesty, courage, justice, etc..). Power bias of the authorities against minorities, groups, etc...
  • Features also the very strong anti lgbt world of the 60's and segregate stuff.
  • The movie is pretty much a love history with a thriller on the side and a dash of fantasy.
  • There is a plot twist that was hinted from the starting parts.
  • The movie in our theatre was heavily censored (b15 vs R rated) so a lot of parts were removed (including more violent scenes were reduced, racist and even just plain "naughty" stuff was removed completely).
  • Full nudity in some scenes.

Just to make it simple...
Its a scifi-fantasy es-que film about love, acceptance and empathy-sympathy. No surprise every of my gal friends love it. I liked it.. a bit slower than expected but I was hooked.

Gabe1

Just got back..

Just to make a follow up:

• The movie moves pretty slow, slower than most movies.
  • This is the most "realistic" movie of Del Toro. As in not that many magical stuff (like Hell boy or Pan's Labyrinth)
  • Most people hate it because it might be "boring" at first. others hate it because it goes from very cute stuff to very violent. Portraying very racist and violent individuals, also the duplicity of Agents right in the height of the cold war. And also they portray the "military" and "agents" like very bad guys whose job doesn't is against what the country supposedly was to be for (aka honesty, courage, justice, etc..). Power bias of the authorities against minorities, groups, etc...
  • Features also the very strong anti lgbt world of the 60's and segregate stuff.
  • The movie is pretty much a love history with a thriller on the side and a dash of fantasy.
  • There is a plot twist that was hinted from the starting parts.
  • The movie in our theatre was heavily censored (b15 vs R rated) so a lot of parts were removed (including more violent scenes were reduced, racist and even just plain "naughty" stuff was removed completely).
  • Full nudity in some scenes.

Just to make it simple...
Its a scifi-fantasy es-que film about love, acceptance and empathy-sympathy. No surprise every of my gal friends love it. I liked it.. a bit slower than expected but I was hooked.

I'd likely enjoy the more censored version. Sometimes I can do without seeing 'everything.' I can use my imagination just fine I do't actually need to see someone shot, dying, dead...I can grasp without gore...same with the other things you mentioned.
I was very young in the 60's so just about everything went over my head in the world of adults back then. Still you spoke to the 60's "
  • Features also the very strong anti lgbt world of the 60's and segregate stuff."
Oddly even during the 70's where I am from there wasn't anti lgbt overtly happening around me. They were all in the closet and not even thinking of coming out. I had a very good friend that I knew...yet we never spoke to it. That is just how it was back her then or at least where I was from which back then was a larger community than I moved to. Now the Race and segregation issues of then were impossible to miss back then and even today from what I am hearing in the news today. It all kinda boggles my mind.

MySmallWorldof4

I didn’t need to be up until 5am, but apparently I am too excited to sleep.:rolleyes: I got up and looked at my phone and thought it said 4. I felt well rested, so I thought I will just hang out in bed and keep quiet since the other mom, her kid, and dd are sleeping soundly. Anyways, I took another look at the phone and it was 2, not 4.:banghead: Well I realized I needed to sleep more, but of course after tossing and turning for almost 2 hours I gave up. :mad:So here I am. Not very happy with myself right now. I will pay for it later for sure. :oops::rolleyes:

MySmallWorldof4

I went to the doctor because I've been super congested for weeks and thought I had a stubborn sinus infection. I went in, and he listens to me and says, "Well, the good news is it's not pneumonia..." 😨 We're talking about this as being in the realm of possibility? Bronchitis, he says. Antibiotic and twice a day nebulizer treatments for me for the next week. :grumpy: And I thought it was just a sinus infection...
Yeah, I can't believe I'm this sick. I knew I was sick. Didn't know I was brochitis-level sick. Still planning on medicating myself and taking the test drives as planned tomorrow.
She's doing well so far. She's very loopy from the anestesia. She'll go to rub against us or an object and fall over. Or she'll play with a toy and then lose it and it'll be right behind her. It's kind of funny to watch.

There was one male dog brought in along with the cats. They brought the dog out, and he kept looking between his legs for what used to be there. I wasn't sure whether to feel bad for him or laugh. You could see it on his face. It was like, "Wait, where did they go?" :hilarious:
Sympathy like for the illness and :hilarious: for the dog.

Last edited:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
One of the boys asked me to do something last night and I said no. The quote was why not it's not like you work. I'm avoiding him for a while:angelic:

Ouch. Sounds like you need to have a wake up call discussion with him. Sometimes people do their job so well, that others get used to things flowing smoothly--while it's all effortless for them (those on the receiving end of all this work) . . . I think he should follow you around for a day and participate in every task you do, so that he'd learn about just how much work is involved. Work is work, whether it's at home or at an outside business. He's a kid, but he'll get the point.

Figgy1

Premium Member

Figgy1

Premium Member
I didn’t need to be up until 5am, but apparently I am too excited to sleep.:rolleyes: I got up and looked at my phone and thought it said 4. I felt well rested, so I thought I will just hang out in bed and keep quiet since the other mom, her kid, and dd are sleeping soundly. Anyways, I took another look at the phone and it was 2, not 4.:banghead: Well I realized I needed to sleep more, but of course after tossing and turning for almost 2 hours I gave up. :mad:So here I am. Not very happy with myself right now. I will pay for it later for sure. :oops::rolleyes:
Sympathy like and good luck to your dd today.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I'm loving all these posts from across the pond with the pulled pork. We eat it ALL THE TIME. If you have left overs, pulled pork tacos are a great use for them. My husband also makes enchilada lasagna with pulled pork leftovers, which is basically all the ingredients of enchiladas but layered in a pan like a lasagna and baked.

What time is dinner tonight? (I don't want to arrive late . . .) :hungry:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom