The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Figgy1

Premium Member
Sympathy like. It is going to be 50 here tomorrow and 60 and rain on Friday. I will take the rain over ice and snow any day. Unfortunately back to freezing and below freezing starting Saturday.:(
Same here. I'm going out walking today and errand running tomorrow because if it's snow over ice I'm going nowhere Saturday or Sunday. The good thing about that is I may finally get to watch Cars 3 and do some sewing. I need 48 hours in a day:banghead:

Figgy1

Premium Member
Jasmine is getting spayed on Friday. In Baltimore County, you can take your cat or dog to a county shelter and they will spay/neuter, microchip, and vaccinate for $20 cor county residents.

The instructions on the email said to take cats in a carrier and label the carrier with the cat's first and last name. So I did that with ny hard side carrier using tape. My dad looked and says, "You gave the cat my last name?"
"No Dad. I gave her my last name. You gave me your last name."😂:hilarious:
Good luck to her. How old is she now?

MySmallWorldof4

Jasmine is getting spayed on Friday. In Baltimore County, you can take your cat or dog to a county shelter and they will spay/neuter, microchip, and vaccinate for $20 cor county residents.

The instructions on the email said to take cats in a carrier and label the carrier with the cat's first and last name. So I did that with ny hard side carrier using tape. My dad looked and says, "You gave the cat my last name?"
"No Dad. I gave her my last name. You gave me your last name."😂:hilarious:
Good luck Jasmine! $20 is a great deal. We paid a few hundred at the vet for our pets, all but Oliver who we got at Petsmart. He came neutered and with his shots. I definitely recommend getting a cat from Petsmart since they are shelter kitties.

MySmallWorldof4

OK, another random cruise pic to finish the night...

DWifey and myself Texas Two-Stepping in the main lounge with our Santa hats on to our wedding song ("Forever and Ever, Amen") as requested of the band by our kiddos...!!!!! :happy:

Yes, I can even Texas Two-Step in FFs...!!!!!!! :joyfull::happy:

View attachment 255668

Will still be finishing the mini TR soon...!

Sweet Disney dreams to one and all of y'all...!!! :happy:

See y'all laterrrrrrrrrrr...!!!!!!! :joyfull:
Aww... so sweet! :inlove: I actually know that song. Dh listened to country music for awhile. Our wedding song is a Colin Ray song. Don’t remember the name. :oops:

Songbird76

This kinda made me think of older science shows on TV from years ago, when they'd talk about so many amazing things coming in the future. Even if your son can't design 3D, that will be coming. I'm just fascinated to learn that kids are being taught how to print out these 3D creations now. I certainly don't have a clue about how to use any of this technology.

Reminds me a little of how EPCOT attractions (Spaceship Earth for example) used to tell us about the wonderful world of tomorrow, and we could dream about it. Years later, the future is right now. :geek:
Kids amaze me with what they are capable of. My DD LOVES computer programming. She's 11! The high school that she's looking at has a program for technology. Basically like basic engineering/computer science, etc. She really wants to do that. She still has no idea what she wants to do with her life, but she IS interested in that and she says she wants to do something that helps people...like, making apps that help fill a need. Or being an inventor. And that program would be perfect for her to learn how to do that.

You guys receive much nicer packages than we do in the states from Disney. Still I wouldn't want to contend with the cost of your airfare over to this side of the pond. Yikes! :oops:

I've never been a fan of the kids offerings when on the dining plan in some of the restaurants TS or QS, yet a chunk have made some effort to offering both traditional fast food and a few offerings from the type of restaurant you are dining at. Years ago one place offered an Egg Roll as the entree. I was stunned as that is not a meal.
I kind of think that's WHY we get good packages. Not many would be able to afford standard Disney prices AND airfare...they want to draw in the international crowd.
As for food....there's a chineese restaurant around the corner from my in-laws' house that has HUGE eggrolls. They are more than a meal. You have to use a knife and fork to eat them....too heavy to pick up. So an egg roll CAN be a meal. But I get what you are saying. I just find the kids options to be SOOOO limited, and my son won't eat any of them anyway. He is picky beyond the normal stuff...my mom used to get exasperated with how picky I was and believe me, she had it EASY with me compared to my son. I would at least eat chicken strips, pizza, hotdogs, grilled cheese, spaghetti, mac n' cheese...and it didn't matter much that it was a bit different in one place than in another. My son will ONLY eat Dr. Oetker mini pizza, pepperoni, which he picks off. He will NOT eat the same brand cheese pizza, because it's different than the pepperoni, and he doesn't like the other cheeses on it, so we have to get the pepperoni kind and pick that off. He will ONLY eat the chicken nuggets from either McDonalds OR Aldi, same with french fries. He will not eat spaghetti, mac n cheese, and while he'll eat some hot dogs, he will NOT eat the bun...not nearly as filling. We go to Disney and he won't eat the chicken nuggets or the pizza, though he WILL eat the fries in SOME of the places. He will not eat a peanut butter sandwich. He won't eat chicken in any form other than nugget. He won't eat a hamburger. He won't eat fruit, or things like carrot sticks or granola bars. Trying to pack food to go anywhere...nightmare. There's not much that can be transported that he'll eat. Most of the Disney children's offerings are pizza, mac n' cheese, grilled cheese, hot dog, chicken nuggets, or uncrustables. None of which he will touch there. I don't think I've ever met a kid quite as picky as he is that they can't find SOMETHING on the menu they'll eat. Dining plan would make NO sense for him if we had to pay for it out of pocket. The reason we had so many credits left on our last trip was simply that he wouldn't eat anything, so the only credits that got used for him were when we went to a buffet. And he CERTAINLY didn't eat enough at those buffets to make it worth the money. I think his meal at Tusker house consisted of 5 chocolate chip cookies. (We're choose your battles parents and food is a battle we don't choose. When we're on vacation, everyone gets to eat what they like, whether it's steak or cookies or french fries.)

I remember those days very well. Dh would run ahead and leave me with the stroller while he would get coveted FP’s like TSMM. It is still a competition to get coveted fp’s, and now you have slow wifi to contend with. Don’t know which I prefer more. I do prefer the less crowded oarks like in the early 2000’s.
I like the electronic passes because at least you aren't running back and forth across a crowded park in extreme heat or rain to make them, AND you can change them if you find one isn't going to work out for you. It's a bit more flexible...oh...I have a FP for Imagination, but there's no line at imagination and I don't need the fastpass...let's change it to Turtle Talk with Crush!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom