The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Figgy1

Premium Member
I need to get my act together with Christmas. The year before last I did 75% of my shopping online. I'd like to knock off 50% at Disney. They did extend their annual pass discount until I believe December 23.
I'm making slow but steady progress. I just have to hem my jacket and I can knock out the sleep pants in a couple of days:joyfull: My dh found the saws he said he "needs" so they got picked up in my travels Saturday:joyfull:

MySmallWorldof4

I can be helpful. I saw at the outlet mall Brookstone is clearancing the towel warmer I bought her a few years back, maybe they are getting a different model. AnyWho it was about $125 and it is now clearanced at $29.99. We love this thing. It warms towels, robe and jammies all at once!!!! :inlove:

http://www.brookstone.com/sale

It is more on their website, cheaper at the outlet mall.
Ha! Actually have that version. Dh got it for me for Christmas 5 years ago.:) It just died 2 weeks ago. I wonder if I can find a coupon code and get it cheaper than the $59 online price. Don't have a Brookstone outlet near us.

MySmallWorldof4

Man...I spent a boatload of money on school dance attire, tickets, flowers and meals over those years. Sometimes depending on the girl who might attend a different high school their were dual homecomings and proms. This is the dresses, ballerina dresses that most girls wore this year with various lengths but most as short as my DD wore for ballet when she was a preschooler. I was watching the couples come together at the park for photos before they headed off to the highschool. It was entertaining to be a spectator. And someone needs to give these young women lessons in walking in heels, especially on the grass. :facepalm: It takes practice to learn to navigate heels, it was too funny.

th
th
th

The TinkerBell look was about all I saw.
Wouldn't let my girls out of the house dressed like that. Not even for Halloween.

Goofyernmost

That is a great policy! I wish the cruise ship industry could get the message....no more formal nights! I hate dressing up and hauling all the extra stuff for a couple formal nights.
All you have to do is go to the buffet instead. If I'm tired from "touring" and don't feel like the semi formality of those occasional nights, I head straight for the massive buffets. Never felt I missed a thing.

MOXOMUMD

Beautiful day here. In the afternoon Kapono and I enjoyed a nice walk.
View attachment 234824

View attachment 234825

View attachment 234826

She did not being on the bridge. She's looking at me with that "mom can we go now" look.
View attachment 234827

And the pot roast with potatoes and carrots was excellent. The bread was a pesto focaccia from the farmers market. Plus some cottage cheese for me, partially seen in the picture behind my plate. For some reason I love to have cottage cheese with my pot roast.
View attachment 234828
The pot roast looks delicious. A lot better than my Raisin Bran.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Need a dowtown disney restaurant that is relatively cheap that has good diverse menu ie: like TRex or Rainforest. The boathouse I would like but some prefer a cheaper menu
Does it have to be a TS? D-lux burger was quite good and I've heard nothing but good things about the polite pig. @betty rose liked PH if I remember correctly. I haven't been to RR in a while but I've heard the quality is as good as ever. What about WCC at WL good food, service and quite fun. Also SANAA I loved that place!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You could order bred service there and a few apps and have quite a filling dinner:hungry::hungry::hungry::hungry::hungry: Another option not DTD is doing the monorail shop, hop and crawl eating at the Wave or GFC and having drinks ect. at the other 2. You could also uber up to City walk. Antojitos, Margaritaville and NBC were all quite good Cowfish also has something for everyone on their menu, not the biggest gf selection so we skipped it.

Songbird76

I will have to catch up later, but I wanted to update everyone. My son is going to be going to a different school. We have worked it out with the attendance officer that he will be homeschooled until we can get a placement in another school, hopefully with urgency. The school will provide lessons for him online for us to do with him. They said they can not offer him the help and environment that he needs. His psychological team agrees that that school is not in his best interest, but they have now agreed that we've checked off enough boxes to diagnose him as being on the Autism Spectrum. They are therefore giving us a referral to a special school that is geared towards kids with special needs, but still meets the regular curriculum requirements, and the best part is that it's a school that goes all the way through high school. They only offer Mavo and Havo, not VWO, but it's possible that by the time he would be finished he could just stream through onto VWO level in a regular school, depending on his development, etc. But this school has all the regular services that he gets now outside of school, but it's all offered onsite. So we really hope they will agree to take him. In any case, he's not going back to the school where he's bullied every day.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom