The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Figgy1

Premium Member
Beautiful day here. In the afternoon Kapono and I enjoyed a nice walk.
View attachment 234824

View attachment 234825

View attachment 234826

She did not being on the bridge. She's looking at me with that "mom can we go now" look.
View attachment 234827

And the pot roast with potatoes and carrots was excellent. The bread was a pesto focaccia from the farmers market. Plus some cottage cheese for me, partially seen in the picture behind my plate. For some reason I love to have cottage cheese with my pot roast.
View attachment 234828
I have to admit Kapono is one smart(in every sense) looking dog and I'm not a terrier person at all:joyfull:

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
We have policy now on spinner-ish IEP manipulative type things. They need to be placed into the IEPs and documented for the how, whens and whys. So far no takers. Don't think our special ed teachers want to deal with Spinners either.

That's a pretty good idea. The kids haven't been too bad with the fidgets. I have a one strike rule now though, if the are warned by me that they are using the disruptively (spinning them on their face, taking them apart, using them in a way they make noise....) then they will be taken away and they are not allowed to bring any to class any more. I've given three warnings to three different students in three different classes, those students don't bring one any more.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
My ds has a nice quiet squishy stress ball:joyfull::joyfull::joyfull::joyfull: IEP before spinners:joyfull::joyfull::joyfull::joyfull:

Some of my students have had squish balls too. Last year was the first time I had to take any of them away. Our special ed director gave them to the 7th grade SPED students and supposedly explained their purpose but all the boys (there was only 1 girl) used them to throw around and play with. :mad: The SPED director was mad that I took them away but I shut her down by telling her how they were using them and that I only took them away after a couple warnings.

Songbird76

One little bit of good news for me, ours isn't quite as formal:joyfull: The dress is casual Friday:joyfull: DS got a nice pair of pants still hanging in the closet with the tags, his dress shirt still fits and he wears the same size shoes as my dh so he's going to borrow them. No cologne or heavy perfume or flowers because it will still be allergy season. So I just have to buy:rolleyes::brb::cautious: and the tickets.
You just have to buy what besides tickets?? I guess it could have been worse! I'm amazed that he still had clothes with the tags that still fit. Knowing how fast MY son grows, if I find something with the tags still on, it's usually from 2 sizes ago.

Songbird76

I saw a nighttime photo about an outdoor hot tub somewhere out West (maybe Colorado--a high end ski resort). There was snow on the ground, and people were in this hot tub in bathing suits. You could see the steam coming up from the hot water. They were all sipping champagne, and the sky above was clear with stars.

To me, that would be the ULTIMATE!! :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:
Could have been Wyoming...there are a few of those. Saratoga Hot Springs, Thermopolis, And of course Yellowstone is full of hot springs and gysers, though I'm not sure if there are any hot tubs there.
There's also a hot spring in South Dakota, though it's not NEARLY as warm.

Songbird76

So who diagnosis' Autism over there. Teachers or Medical Doctors?
They do a psychological evaluation. So it's a psychologist...first, we had to answer a ton of questions, as did his teachers. Then, from those questions, he was flagged for possible Autism, ADHD, and Anxiety. So then they administered a series of tests over a few weeks. Apparently, while he did show signs of all of them, nothing was enough to actually consider him as being on the spectrum. But, as the psychologist said, those tests are only a moment...they aren't foolproof. It's a guideline and sometimes you get it wrong. So now that they are seeing him on a regular basis, they can pick things up that might not of occurred in the testing phase.

Songbird76

So we had an interesting dinner tonight. DS is having a rough time at school so we tried to make this weekend really fun. So we went out for dinner tonight and they have this new server who is so not on the ball, it was cracking us up. We're pretty low maintenance. We figure if it all gets worked out and we're not in a huge hurry or anything, we can just laugh about things. (Like the hibachi grill back home after dad's funeral when the guy knocked hot soup in my lap with a skidding onion, splattered egg all over me and got one broken egg in my rootbeer and then beaned me with a chunk of zucchini right between the eyes...the soup was cooled off enough that it didn't burn me, the waitress was cleaning up the soup when the eggs ran amuck so she cleaned up the mess and got me another rootbeer in less than a minute, and the zucchini...no harm done)
So first off...ordering. DS ordered chicken nuggets and fries with mayo and a fanta to drink. He had to repeat it twice for her and she was still confused and for some reason understood "fork" instead of fanta, so she brought him an extra fork...and dh had to tell her he wanted a fanta. DD ordered the chicken skillet with fries, no mayo, but peanut sauce on the side, and a sprite to drink. She was VERY confused about the peanut sauce on the side, and of course, DD had to repeat everything 3 times. I ordered the schnitzel with mushroom sauce and also no mayo on the fries, but peanut sauce on the side. She looked at me like I had 3 heads. She repeats the schnitzel with mushroom sauce....and did you want mayo on the fries? No...no mayo, I'd like peanut sauce on the side instead of mayo. So....you want the schnitzel with mushroom sauce and you want fries with peanut sauce separate? Yes. And DH says "Just the peanut sauce on the side, or the mushroom sauce on the side, too?" and I said "That's a good idea. Otherwise the mushroom sauce is all over the fries." Then DH orders the mixed grill, yes please to mayo on the fries. So at this point the regular waitress/owner comes up and is standing beside the waitress...and I assumed she was looking to see if we stuck with our regular orders or mixed it up as we sometimes do, which we had. So she's looking at the order and I said "We mixed it up again." And she says...so...you want chicken nuggets and fries with mayo, a chicken skillet with fries and peanut sauce and some mushroom sauce? No....the mushroom sauce is for the schnitzel, but then peanut sauce with the fries. Oh, you wanted a schnitzel with the mushroom sauce? Yes....and fries, but peanut sauce on the side. So she has to write down the schnitzel....apparently she was just going to bring me a bowl of the mushroom sauce because she didn't realize I actually wanted the Schnitzel part once I said I wanted the sauce on the side. DH and I are just looking at each other and trying not to laugh and the regular waitress/owner is giving me the "I'm so sorry, we're having problems with this new waitress" look and I'm just smiling at her, giving her the "No problem" look...all communication is non-verbal as the new girl is trying desperately to get it all written down correctly. She walks away and we're just giggling and I said "Well, obviously this isn't the first issue they've had with her, since the owner made a point to come look and ask if it was correct." And I said "I guess we'll see what we get!" So then the orders came...now, I have to give her credit...mine was the ONLY one she got wrong, and she was probably so confused still about the order of the peanut sauce on the side of a dish that already had mushroom sauce (even though that sauce was for the schnitzel she had been confused about) and she brought me the schnitzel, with mushroom sauce on it, and fries with mayo. So I repeat again, that no, there wasn't supposed to be mayo on it, it's supposed to be peanut sauce on the side. So you didn't want mayo? No....peanut sauce on the side, just like hers. (pointing to DD's, which she had forgotten the first time, went all the way back, and brought ONLY that to the table, and THEN had to go back to get my food, and then again to get DH's.) So the regular waitress comes to the table with a small plate of fries and no sauce at all and says "I'm so sorry..I don't know if this is a solution, but will this work?". I said sure, I shared DD's peanut sauce with her, we scraped off the fries with mayo onto DH's plate and called it good. We also ordered a new round of drinks and 2 chocolate milkshakes and one strawberry milkshake and when she came back with everything, she was giving them to the wrong people and couldn't remember which one was the strawberry milkshake. And she said "I know THIS one is chocolate...so who had the chocolate?" and DH says "The ladies have the chocolate, I have the strawberry." so she gives the one chocolate to DD and is peering into the cups of the other two, trying to divine which one is which...says "I think this is the strawberry" and sets it in front of me. So DH switches them and she's like..."oh...right." Kind of too bad it was the new girl who rang us up at the end because I'm betting that if it had been the owner, we would have gotten a discount. She gives the amount, and DH, being really kind, decides to give a bit of a tip (most people don't here) and says "Why don't you make it ----? " and she goes "Oh...how do I do that?" He's like...I have no idea. It was quite good entertainment all the way around, and also good modeling for DS, because he gets so upset at things that go wrong, so it's nice to have the opportunity to show him it's not the end of the world, things go wrong, you fix them, and it's ok...and it's a fun thing to laugh about! All in all, a lovely relaxed and comical evening. I think the couple sitting behind us was amused, too. Win win!

donaldtoo

Yes, I read that there are actually eye exercises that people should do to work the muscles. Nearsightedness in kids is increasing because many of them sit for hours in front of tablets and phones and have them withing inches of their faces. It is best to look away every now and then and try and focus on something far away to give your eyes a break.

I do this at the office. I'm either sketching at my drafting table or starring at a computer screen the vast majority of the day, but, luckily, I have a big window in my office. I just take off my close-up cheaters (my medium and far vision (again, knock on wood - my head, is still prefect) and focus on objects in the distance. It definitely helps. :)

betty rose

Have you heard anything yet? Disney is sailing with changes to where they're going until about mid November. Keeping my fingers crossed for you and yours.
Yes, we got a notice on Friday. A couple ports are changing, so we have been to them all. I do want to return to Jamica. Nausau, not so much.....And Haiti, again...not so much. I will be spending more time on the boat. Plenty to see and do, so I'm okay with the changes. I really wanted to go to Puerto Rico, my niece, went there and she said it was really nice, and lots to do. There was a museum I wanted to visit. Maybe next time.....

betty rose

You could always buy the cheapest model of the most expensive series, these are usually the cheapest but have good parts that can last a lot.

That is for laptops.
For Desktops, I always choose the best motherboard (best chipset with the cheapest price model, aka nongaming models) and start building from there.
Thanks, I'm calling hubby to read your suggestions. I appreciate the advice. :):):)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom