The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I celebrate Coffee Day EVERY day!! :D

Amen Sister Friend. My Figment Mug arrived yesterday.

Coffee and Figment, a great combo.

59a901eff347200001f23ff1-image_486fec8a.jpeg

Gabe1

That's exactly what I thought, too. I never watch channels directed to kids, so I'm really out of the loop on the newest slime craze. However, I do recall all the hype years ago around the Nickelodeon green slime. :p

My DS was the perfect age demographic for that Nickelodeon slime era. :cautious: I didn't grasp the love for the show but my elementary school kid did. :rolleyes:

th

Gabe1

:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious: Love that towel warmer in there. Could use one of those. :)

I can be helpful. I saw at the outlet mall Brookstone is clearancing the towel warmer I bought her a few years back, maybe they are getting a different model. AnyWho it was about $125 and it is now clearanced at $29.99. We love this thing. It warms towels, robe and jammies all at once!!!! :inlove:

http://www.brookstone.com/sale

It is more on their website, cheaper at the outlet mall.

Gabe1

That's actually not far from the truth. I've mentioned here before, that I've lowered the A/C at work down to as low as possible, and one of the docs walked through there and said it felt like a meat locker! :D

I'm like that when I go to sleep. I push the A/C down real low and plop a quilt on. I don't have much use for cold weather but am all in for extreme cold for sleeping.

Gabe1

Actually the dog treats from the farm market are pretty good. I've only tasted the blueberry one I got her but it wasn't bad. The lady that makes them makes them with a base of oatmeal, peanut butter and bacon. Then fruits are put in. Besides the blueberry I've also bought cranberry. Today we got her a cranberry one and a pumpkin one.

Oh and I see why you highlighted the for us, I guess that wasn't very good wording on my part.:p

I am a fan of Oatmeal for Pups. The female golden I had before Walt had tummy troubles as she aged. I tried many Pup foods and the Vet prescribe some mighty price foods. She continued to *give them back*

I went to cooking her oatmeal, she loved it and so did her tummy. I'd supplement it nightly with cooked lean ground meat and white rice which she also tolerated well.

The boy Golden *my heart and soul* back then should have been jealous but he was too busy chowing down his standard Iams dog food. He was a glutton and he'd eat anything and everything, including 4 pounds of Dove Chocolate Easter Eggs foil and all.

Gabe1

Beautiful day here. In the afternoon Kapono and I enjoyed a nice walk.
View attachment 234824

View attachment 234825

View attachment 234826

She did not being on the bridge. She's looking at me with that "mom can we go now" look.
View attachment 234827

And the pot roast with potatoes and carrots was excellent. The bread was a pesto focaccia from the farmers market. Plus some cottage cheese for me, partially seen in the picture behind my plate. For some reason I love to have cottage cheese with my pot roast.
View attachment 234828

Your Riverwalk looks very much like mine. I'm going to be so sad when the leaves are gone. Dinner looks awesome.

Mine:
th
ebaf99df249211374018f428f4cf8c54.jpg

and we shared their chopped salad which is soooo yummy.
thumb_600.jpg

We went to the Kane County Fair Grounds today and stopped at Portillo's on the way home. There was also
rootbeer involved.

Gabe1

Some of the boys this year are planning on wearing nicer jeans and a polo shirt and most of the girls are planning on wearing dresses but not going out to get hair and make up done:joyfull: Of course there's always a couple of guys who wear jeans with the tux Tshirt even at prom:joyfull: I heard it was a bit more formal before the last economic downturn. Formal but not stuffy and flowers and strong scents have been policy at school and all it's functions for a while:joyfull::joyfull::joyfull::joyfull::joyfull: I like that none of the students are left out of anything if they can't afford it:joyfull::joyfull::joyfull::joyfull::joyfull:

Man...I spent a boatload of money on school dance attire, tickets, flowers and meals over those years. Sometimes depending on the girl who might attend a different high school their were dual homecomings and proms. This is the dresses, ballerina dresses that most girls wore this year with various lengths but most as short as my DD wore for ballet when she was a preschooler. I was watching the couples come together at the park for photos before they headed off to the highschool. It was entertaining to be a spectator. And someone needs to give these young women lessons in walking in heels, especially on the grass. :facepalm: It takes practice to learn to navigate heels, it was too funny.

th
th
th

The TinkerBell look was about all I saw.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Your Riverwalk looks very much like mine. I'm going to be so sad when the leaves are gone. Dinner looks awesome.

Mine:
th
ebaf99df249211374018f428f4cf8c54.jpg

and we shared their chopped salad which is soooo yummy.
thumb_600.jpg

We went to the Kane County Fair Grounds today and stopped at Portillo's on the way home. There was also
rootbeer involved.

Your dinner looks better! I don't really have much of a river walk, that is just the little creek behind our school. I haven't taken the trails that go into the woods more because I don't want to worry about ticks for either of us.

Gabe1

Both of them are on the list of stores my dh wants me banned from. There, Target, Forever 21(I don't get that I mostly buy camis there), Ulta and a few fun others:confused:

Hint: Send the DH with the boys for a day of Universal and head to the Character Warehouse(s) and unwind at the pool after. :)

I would hate to actually add up what is spent at Target. I like Forever 21's Camis as most are cotton which is hard to find.
I don't buy much at Ulta but what I do racks up so quickly! :jawdrop:

Gabe1

My ds has a nice quiet squishy stress ball:joyfull::joyfull::joyfull::joyfull: IEP before spinners:joyfull::joyfull::joyfull::joyfull:

If he likes stress balls he might also like these. (my stress ball during board meetings. Nobody can see what we have on our tables as there is a wooden wall about 10 inches at the front edge of our counter type raised board table) It stretches somewhat like silly putty but it has more of a foamy type texture. It doesn't stick. I think I have 3 of them in my stress ball. It is actually an art eraser meant for pencil drawing type art. They don't dry out, they don't stain or stick.

th
th
th

Gabe1

Your dinner looks better! I don't really have much of a river walk, that is just the little creek behind our school. I haven't taken the trails that go into the woods more because I don't want to worry about ticks for either of us.

Ugh. Yeah ticks were nasty this year here. I could always find them on Walt quickly cause he was light but honestly I never found the pest control for dogs to work well in killing off ticks as a preventative. It works wonders on fleas but those ticks not so much.
Our Riverwalk has concrete paths that go alongside it. There are also wood chipped ones that go back much farther but I don't go on them for bugs and they are pretty isolated to wander on my own so I stick to the concrete well traveled paths.

Gabe1

They do a psychological evaluation. So it's a psychologist...first, we had to answer a ton of questions, as did his teachers. Then, from those questions, he was flagged for possible Autism, ADHD, and Anxiety. So then they administered a series of tests over a few weeks. Apparently, while he did show signs of all of them, nothing was enough to actually consider him as being on the spectrum. But, as the psychologist said, those tests are only a moment...they aren't foolproof. It's a guideline and sometimes you get it wrong. So now that they are seeing him on a regular basis, they can pick things up that might not of occurred in the testing phase.

For sure. And during tests because he is a very bright person he is focused on the testing and not being tripped by other students during a test. Even if it isn't Autism and maybe a combo of ADHD and certainly anxiety they could have a path. I'd have anxiety attacks if I was bullied like that too.

Cesar R M

If he likes stress balls he might also like these. (my stress ball during board meetings. Nobody can see what we have on our tables as there is a wooden wall about 10 inches at the front edge of our counter type raised board table) It stretches somewhat like silly putty but it has more of a foamy type texture. It doesn't stick. I think I have 3 of them in my stress ball. It is actually an art eraser meant for pencil drawing type art. They don't dry out, they don't stain or stick.

th
th
th
I used to use these a lot when I drew with charcoal sticks!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom