The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MOXOMUMD

Isnt formal optional unless you go to the paid up restaurants? the good thing is.. big cruise ships have more variety of food for free than the main dinning room.
If you go to the "formal" dinner nights (one or two depending on your length of cruise) you are required to dress up nicely. The other nights dinners are dress casual. Maybe you're thinking of the extra charge restaurants?

Goofyernmost

Isnt formal optional unless you go to the paid up restaurants? the good thing is.. big cruise ships have more variety of food for free than the main dinning room.
Every cruise I have been on, the formal night(s) are in the main dining rooms and nowhere else. I got asked to leave one of the regular not formal nights because I was wearing shorts. Casual, but, not to casual dress is required in those. Now other lines may be different. My last cruise was with Celebrity. Then a few nights later some guy that was wearing a t-shirt that had a Tux printed on it was allowed to stay. I complained loudly. My legs are a work of art.

Cesar R M

If you go to the "formal" dinner nights (one or two depending on your length of cruise) you are required to dress up nicely. The other nights dinners are dress casual. Maybe you're thinking of the extra charge restaurants?
The point is, what "formal" are you talking about? Disney Cruise? Princess cruises? Carnival? Royal Caribbean?

I have noticed very lax rules of "formal" during formal night in both Disney and RCCL.
Unless its their "upcharge" restaurants, which are a must.
Unsure how it is in other cruises.. but I know others must be way fancier and enforced.

Of course, I havent seen something weird like having a wifebeater shirt or something that bad in formal night :p

MOXOMUMD

The point is, what "formal" are you talking about? Disney Cruise? Princess cruises? Carnival? Royal Caribbean?

I have noticed very lax rules of "formal" during formal night in both Disney and RCCL.
Unless its their "upcharge" restaurants, which are a must.
Unsure how it is in other cruises.. but I know others must be way fancier and enforced.

Of course, I havent seen something weird like having a wifebeater shirt or something that bad in formal night :p
This is Carnival and they do enforce it. There was a little reminder card put in our rooms on those days.

Screenshot_2017-10-02-13-33-28.jpg

StarWarsGirl

In any case, he's not going back to the school where he's bullied every day
So, so glad to hear this. We never put my brother in a special school because we wanted him to have exposure to kids who were neurotypical, but there's no benefit for that if your DS is just getting bullied every day! I still cannot believe the school's lack of reaction. Just horrible. I'm glad he's going to be in a better environment.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I will have to catch up later, but I wanted to update everyone. My son is going to be going to a different school. We have worked it out with the attendance officer that he will be homeschooled until we can get a placement in another school, hopefully with urgency. The school will provide lessons for him online for us to do with him. They said they can not offer him the help and environment that he needs. His psychological team agrees that that school is not in his best interest, but they have now agreed that we've checked off enough boxes to diagnose him as being on the Autism Spectrum. They are therefore giving us a referral to a special school that is geared towards kids with special needs, but still meets the regular curriculum requirements, and the best part is that it's a school that goes all the way through high school. They only offer Mavo and Havo, not VWO, but it's possible that by the time he would be finished he could just stream through onto VWO level in a regular school, depending on his development, etc. But this school has all the regular services that he gets now outside of school, but it's all offered onsite. So we really hope they will agree to take him. In any case, he's not going back to the school where he's bullied every day.

Very happy to hear this news about your son, and I'm sure you are, too.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
This is Carnival and they do enforce it. There was a little reminder card put in our rooms on those days.

View attachment 235073

That's really nice that they spell it out in a polite way. If I went on a cruise, I'd actually like to have one night where I could get all dressed up. I haven't put on anything fancy in years (I'd actually have to go buy something to wear ;)), and can't remember the last time I wore heels. So I'd like it for something different once, and the rest of the time I'd be more comfortable in casual clothing and shoes. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom