The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Wait a minute. o_O You actually make cottage cheese?! If you go to the grocery store, they have it usually in two sizes and it's already made for you. I like the cottage cheese with chives--Hood makes it. Don't know if Hood is in your area or not.

Yep. I love cottage cheese with chive too. Ours here is Deans and it is available in both large and small curds. Yum. Sometimes it isn't available in chive and I just add my own.

Gabe1

If you ever get a chance fly to PR once it's up and running and spend at least a week there!!!!!! It really was beautiful:joyfull:

Wonder how long it will be until PR is beautiful once again. :(

My Sis family has property in PR. It went from beyond awesome to slums. The recession hit the island real hard and the poorest sections have been struggling long before this. So sad. :( At least state side there were boots on the ground prior to Harvey and Irma hitting, not so for our PR or the USVI Heartbreaking.

Gabe1

View attachment 233714 Here's what our day looks like here.

And here at our dusk tonight.
DLFw3oIX0AAnwCW.jpg

Gabe1

Remind me, to never shop on the week-ends. With no parking places, long lines, and people coming at you from all angles....it took me, three days and half the time to get what I needed.....only week-days from now on. Christmas shopping from the computer this year!! Okay, my computer is soooo slow, I'm getting off, until tomorrow....great day to all....xoxo

I need to get my act together with Christmas. The year before last I did 75% of my shopping online. I'd like to knock off 50% at Disney. They did extend their annual pass discount until I believe December 23.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Not quite sure what your first sentence is referring to :cyclops:, but, yes, as I posted earlier, my medium and far vision is VERY good. I'm constantly pointing things out to others and the response is usually something like "What? Where are you seeing that...?!", etc. :)
I needing to pull out glasses and regular bifocals are cheaper than the one with a clear top. I just don't get that

Figgy1

Premium Member
Man...I spent a boatload of money on school dance attire, tickets, flowers and meals over those years. Sometimes depending on the girl who might attend a different high school their were dual homecomings and proms. This is the dresses, ballerina dresses that most girls wore this year with various lengths but most as short as my DD wore for ballet when she was a preschooler. I was watching the couples come together at the park for photos before they headed off to the highschool. It was entertaining to be a spectator. And someone needs to give these young women lessons in walking in heels, especially on the grass. :facepalm: It takes practice to learn to navigate heels, it was too funny.

th
th
th

The TinkerBell look was about all I saw.
The general rule for heels where I lived was none until after confirmation and none at school until high school. It was just one of those rules like be in when the street lights come on. Freshman year was interesting.:confused:

Figgy1

Premium Member
Hint: Send the DH with the boys for a day of Universal and head to the Character Warehouse(s) and unwind at the pool after. :)

I would hate to actually add up what is spent at Target. I like Forever 21's Camis as most are cotton which is hard to find.
I don't buy much at Ulta but what I do racks up so quickly! :jawdrop:
The sad thing is the guys can also walk out with a car load of stuff. SW 60% off is somehow important but Kingdom Kouture 90% off isn't I don't understand

Figgy1

Premium Member
Ugh. Yeah ticks were nasty this year here. I could always find them on Walt quickly cause he was light but honestly I never found the pest control for dogs to work well in killing off ticks as a preventative. It works wonders on fleas but those ticks not so much.
Our Riverwalk has concrete paths that go alongside it. There are also wood chipped ones that go back much farther but I don't go on them for bugs and they are pretty isolated to wander on my own so I stick to the concrete well traveled paths.
Best tick control ever upload_2017-10-2_6-1-16.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom