• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MySmallWorldof4

So I was at dd's gym yesterday and a mom says that there was an argument between a dad and the head coach of the whole cheer program. Apparently the head coach said, "if you don't like the policies then leave". A younger kid who is the sister of one of the kids on that team overheard the whole thing and blabbered that so and so was off the team. It was not true, of course. She told her 6 year old not to spread false rumors. In the car home from practice last night, dd tells me, "Guess what? So and so's dad had an argument with Coach so and so and now she is off her team." I said, "Who told you that because it isn't true". I assumed she would say the 6 year old who was on her team. Nope it was another kid. Apparently false rumors travel fast. Oh, and the girl that bases my dd in stunts has a sprained ankle and is iffy for the competition of the 19th. There is only 1 kid on a higher level team that could sub because she is still 8. But that would mean learning a whole new routine in 2 practices, and it is supposed to snow on Sunday when there is practice. They only have 2 practices scheduled before next Saturday. Hopefully sprains heal quick. It happened a week ago.

MouseDreaming

So I was at dd's gym yesterday and a mom says that there was an argument between a dad and the head coach of the whole cheer program. Apparently the head coach said, "if you don't like the policies then leave". A younger kid who is the sister of one of the kids on that team overheard the whole thing and blabbered that so and so was off the team. It was not true, of course. She told her 6 year old not to spread false rumors. In the car home from practice last night, dd tells me, "Guess what? So and so's dad had an argument with Coach so and so and now she is off her team." I said, "Who told you that because it isn't true". I assumed she would say the 6 year old who was on her team. Nope it was another kid. Apparently false rumors travel fast. Oh, and the girl that bases my dd in stunts has a sprained ankle and is iffy for the competition of the 19th. There is only 1 kid on a higher level team that could sub because she is still 8. But that would mean learning a whole new routine in 2 practices, and it is supposed to snow on Sunday when there is practice. They only have 2 practices scheduled before next Saturday. Hopefully sprains heal quick. It happened a week ago.
In my experience, there is no telling with a sprain. Hopefully, it will be all better, soon.

MinnieM123

I saw mention of the old AAA discounts and parking passes and does anybody else miss them?
Also, American Express had some perks (maybe in the 90s--I can't exactly recall). One of them was a free waist pack if you paid your Disney hotel bill with the card. (Or it may have just been a specific hotel--I stayed at the Contemporary for 3 nights, and I remember the desk clerk handed the waist pack to me, upon check-in.)

MinnieM123

I don't remember being sent outside for recess when it was really cold. We usually were sent to the auditorium to watch cartoons. You must be more tough in the midwest than us here in the east.
I'm from the East, too, and we always went out for recess. I loved being away from the classroom, and was usually the last one to re-enter the building, once the bell rang for the end of recess. :joyfull:

wdwfan4ver

Did you all see that Mickey ice cream bars from the parks are going to be offered in regular grocery stores?!! I told Brad that we are going to need to get another freezer!

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2019/01/08/this-is-not-a-drill-mickey-bars-may-soon-be-at-your-grocery-store/
I may or may not be able to get them. It depends on fridge room and when I go to the grocery store. The two places I go to is Piggly Wiggly and Woodman's Markets. Piggly is the closer of the two.

I also don't know which ones although since Disney Food Blog claimed selected Grocery stores. I'm guessing Woodman's Markets is going them due to the size of the store. I'm also guessing Piggly Wiggly due to the size of the chain. The Woodman's Market that is the closet to me is 225,000 Square feet. I do know Woodman's Markets does carry Nestle products including their frozen treats.

MySmallWorldof4

I may or may not be able to get them. It depends on fridge room and when I go to the grocery store. The two places I go to is Piggly Wiggly and Woodman's Markets. Piggly is the closer of the two.

I also don't know which ones although since Disney Food Blog claimed selected Grocery stores. I'm guessing Woodman's Markets is going them due to the size of the store. I'm also guessing Piggly Wiggly due to the size of the chain. The Woodman's Market that is the closet to me is 225,000 Square feet. I do know Woodman's Markets does carry Nestle products including their frozen treats.
I wonder when they will get released. I can totally see a run on them, unless of course they are priced like they are at the parks. No one will pay $30 for 6 bars. Hmm..wonder if the sizing is smaller.

MinnieM123

I wonder when they will get released. I can totally see a run on them, unless of course they are priced like they are at the parks. No one will pay $30 for 6 bars. Hmm..wonder if the sizing is smaller.
No, they'd never be park prices -- can't imagine any grocery store would want them, if they were that overpriced. At the parks, they figure you're a captive audience.

Top Bottom