The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MySmallWorldof4

I need to start meal prep. I’m not burning enough calories now.. and although what I keep at home is healthy, I eat out/takeout way too often these days.

I just bought an old school planner.. going to fill it out tonight and figure out where I can fit in working out and meal prep.

Thanks for the tips!

Average doesn’t help me fit in my clothes 🤣

I’m not sure if it was the 80s or 90s when the new church designs started.. but now they’re large and circular and a lot of wood, little stained glass. Our church freaks me out a little because there’s cameras everywhere.lol
I am betting it is the take-out that is getting you. Cut that and you will drop pounds. That and plenty of water.

21stamps

Meal planning is a great start, but I'm busy like you and I'll give you a tip that isn't meal planning.... Make a couple larger meals that you know you'll enjoy, portion them off, and freeze them. I meal plan, but my meal plan doesn't always go TO plan. So yesterday we were supposed to have stir fry and I'd have the leftovers today for lunch. But we got busy and had errands and ended up eating Wendy's for dinner. So today for my lunch I grabbed a pack of lentil lasagna from the freezer for my lunch. So even though I didn't have leftovers for lunch, I have a healthy meal that I don't have to spend $10 on like I would if I said eff it and bought lunch at the cafe.

Great tip!

Well, at least there are no more Sunday morning practices. Two years is too often for expensive uniforms.

Yeah, T is thrilled. The Sunday training was at 8am last year. Our indoor games are/were also Sundays, and many days there was 2-3 hours in between, not enough time to go home, so it felt like our whole day was taken. This year he has several basketball games on Sundays as well, so the decision to end that training works out quite nicely.

I think the whole uniform thing is so stupid.

I am betting it is the take-out that is getting you. Cut that and you will drop pounds. That and plenty of water.
Oh for sure it is!

The deal with Uni is really reasonable. Doing Dianey also because well, it’s Disney!

I’m going to keep checking. I don’t ever find anything that looks reasonable to me.lol

21stamps

I think my mind is already made up.. but I’ll post it here anyway. T has been asking to play volleyball (we play sand volleyball during the summer when visiting Soak City). Our local public high school had a free workshop over Christmas break, I signed him up for it.. he loved it... now he wants to play with his school team- vball starts in 3rd grade.

Here’s the thing though, the season is Mid-March til Labor Day. During baseball and spring soccer season.. BUT, it’s only one 1 hour practice per week this introductory year.. 1 game per weekend after 4pm only.

I think I’m going to let him do it, and just pray that practice doesn’t conflict with the other 2 sports!

I’ve told his soccer coach that he can only attend 2 days of soccer training in the Spring, due to baseball (he’ll miss the team technical training, and he won’t do the optional GK training in Spring either, he is doing GK in winter starting tonight).. so, 2 soccer practices and 2 baseball practices and 1 volleyball practice during weekdays. It could be doable. Just don’t ask me when he’ll be able to golf..lol.. I think he’ll use his clubs for summer only.

ETA- his soccer practices are 2 hours each.. baseball practice is 90 minutes each, volleyball 1 hour. (The latter two are close to home, at our school’s gym)

Last edited:

MySmallWorldof4

Great tip!

Yeah, T is thrilled. The Sunday training was at 8am last year. Our indoor games are/were also Sundays, and many days there was 2-3 hours in between, not enough time to go home, so it felt like our whole day was taken. This year he has several basketball games on Sundays as well, so the decision to end that training works out quite nicely.

I think the whole uniform thing is so stupid.

Oh for sure it is!

I’m going to keep checking. I don’t ever find anything that looks reasonable to me.lol
The buy 2 days, get 2 free is what got me. Plus if youbdon’t need a deluxe hotel, Cabana Bay is quite reasonable. We watched a video of it from Tim Tracker on YouTube. Dh loved the styling.

MySmallWorldof4

I think my mind is already made up.. but I’ll post it here anyway. T has been asking to play volleyball (we play sand volleyball during the summer when visiting Soak City). Our local public high school had a free workshop over Christmas break, I signed him up for it.. he loved it... now he wants to play with his school team- vball starts in 3rd grade.

Here’s the thing though, the season is Mid-March til Labor Day. During baseball and spring soccer season.. BUT, it’s only one 1 hour practice per week this introductory year.. 1 game per weekend after 4pm only.

I think I’m going to let him do it, and just pray that practice doesn’t conflict with the other 2 sports!

I’ve told his soccer coach that he can only attend 2 days of soccer training in the Spring, due to baseball (he’ll miss the team technical training, and he won’t do the optional GK training in Spring either, he is doing GK in winter starting tonight).. so, 2 soccer practices and 2 baseball practices and 1 volleyball practice during weekdays. It could be doable. Just don’t ask me when he’ll be able to golf..lol.. I think he’ll use his clubs for summer only.

ETA- his soccer practices are 2 hours each.. baseball practice is 90 minutes each, volleyball 1 hour. (The latter two are close to home, at our school’s gym)
Well, it sounds like a lot, but that is only 6.5 hours a week Dd practices 5 hours a week, but then again that is only for 2 days a week. Hoping you don’t get run ragged.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom