• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

figmentfan423

Not only did we not have recess we didn't get snow days. I remember an ice storm and the school was open. None of the kids or teachers that lived down the hill from the school made it in that day and we tried for over an hour to get there. I remember everybody's shock and amazement at getting sent home early once because of a storm, but the entire northeast shut down for that one. Evil, evil, evil administration

MinnieM123

Not only did we not have recess we didn't get snow days. I remember an ice storm and the school was open. None of the kids or teachers that lived down the hill from the school made it in that day and we tried for over an hour to get there. I remember everybody's shock and amazement at getting sent home early once because of a storm, but the entire northeast shut down for that one. Evil, evil, evil administration
Yah, that's extreme. Sounds like they had some real losers in that school administration.

MySmallWorldof4

Lovin’ that resort!!! :)

Kinda’ reminds me of the mid-century modern El Tropicano Hotel built on the San Antonio River Walk back in 1962. DWifey and I stayed there for the weekend of our 27th anniversary...!!!!! :happy::)

View attachment 340131View attachment 340132View attachment 340133View attachment 340134View attachment 340135View attachment 340136View attachment 340137View attachment 340138View attachment 340139View attachment 340140
Yes, totally similar. So that style is mid-century modern. Good to know. I really like it. Plus the colors that they chose are beautiful, vivid, and bright. I am excited to stay there. Maybe you guys try Universal once?

MySmallWorldof4

The NYC public schools rarely had snow days. I maybe had one in high school. I do remember 1 in 7th grade. That was I think April ‘83? We got dumped with 2 feet of snow. None of the roads got plowed. We could walk right in the middle of all the streets because there were no vehicles. It was awesome!

MySmallWorldof4

That's the cliche joke that grandparents are supposedly famous for.
In reality I took the school bus ;):)
I walked those miles. ;) Well, I did until high school. Then I took a bus. :hilarious: In reality I think the walk felt like 13 miles. I know my walk home was all uphill, but it was only a 10 minite walk. Where we live there are no sidewalks, so everyone who uses the elementary school by me, which is probably 1 mile away from my house, is required to take a bus.

Top Bottom