The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
A and I had a pretty good new years! I've been purging the house (before it was cool, LOL) and managed to get a few rooms redone. Thinking about the way we use space has been really cool. For example, in the library/living room we had a couch, a coffee table, and a chair that we lost in the divorce. We never used them though. The couch was under the window so it was drafty and cold, and there was no topper on the coffee table that you could really put anything on. So instead of replacing the furniture one for one, I bought an oversized chair and ottoman from FB marketplace and made a cozy reading corner. I'll get on my phone and post a picture. I've been doing this from room to room and now I have half of the house done. So when I walk into half of my rooms, it makes me smile just to be in that space.

How was your new years?

I like that you have a cozy reading nook, I loved the picture of it too. I assume that with a reading nook, that means A will be using it to read. I hope she finds books she loves and becomes an avid reader!

Our New Year's was okay, low key. We just stayed home on NYE and watched the WDW Live Stream of fireworks then went to bed. It wasn't even midnight our time! We are crazy party animals! Whoot whoot!:happy:

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
When DH told me what happened, I can't say I was shocked. What was shocking was keeping that kicker, after the game when he botched 4 (per DH) field goal attempts in one game.

My hubs was pretty upset over the outcome of the game. I feel bad for the Bears fans. They should have gotten rid of that kicker awhile ago though. The Vikings (my team) had a kicker that botched every field goal except one, I believe, in a game early in the season. I think it was the first game, anyway, he was let go from the team right away. Although I think my Vikes are a little sensitive about kickers missing field goals, our kickers tend to choke in big moments.

MySmallWorldof4

My hubs was pretty upset over the outcome of the game. I feel bad for the Bears fans. They should have gotten rid of that kicker awhile ago though. The Vikings (my team) had a kicker that botched every field goal except one, I believe, in a game early in the season. I think it was the first game, anyway, he was let go from the team right away. Although I think my Vikes are a little sensitive about kickers missing field goals, our kickers tend to choke in big moments.
I felt so bad for him. I assume he will be out of a job, although it takes more than 1 person to lose. He did screw up in a clutch position though, and was given other chances considering he hit the post 4 times in one game.

MySmallWorldof4

Did the guy pass? Sad that someone would get pulled over in the daytime for that. Although it is sad that anyone thinks driving under the influence of anything is a good idea. Kudos to the cops for pulling over someone suspicious to at least check.
Here’s the interesting thing. Dh said the guy had pulled over on his own. The car had broken down and he had his hood up. The police just happened to be driving by and stopped. Dh watched a bit inbetween doing stuff. He thought the guy passed, but then he was cuffed and put in the police car. Who knows the reasoning.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Here’s the interesting thing. Dh said the guy had pulled over on his own. The car had broken down and he had his hood up. The police just happened to be driving by and stopped. Dh watched a bit inbetween doing stuff. He thought the guy passed, but then he was cuffed and put in the police car. Who knows the reasoning.

Huh, that just seems strange all around.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Yes I do believe you need your own bags or there used to be a small bag fee. I’ve seen people grab empty boxes from the shelf to use for their groceries.

This made me smile, because hubs likes boxes only. When he goes to the grocery store, he always grabs a box (they have a pile of them every day), and foregoes any bags. But he's stronger than I am, and doesn't mind carrying a heavy box full of juice bottles and other things. At least when you use bags, you can divide up the stuff and make it easier to carry out.

Now, I also wheel out everything I buy in the cart, to the car. Even if I just have one bag, I wheel it out! :hilarious:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Cannot like that. I loved going to bookstores. None by me. Target and Walmart would be the only place here to go for books in person, otherwise it is Amazon or B&N.

There's a nice little bookstore in a neighboring town, and the people who own it have a loyal following --everyone from little kids to grandparents. Aside of that, it's just B&N (or as you mentioned, Target). It is sad when a local, independent bookstore goes out of business.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
This made me smile, because hubs likes boxes only. When he goes to the grocery store, he always grabs a box (they have a pile of them every day), and foregoes any bags. But he's stronger than I am, and doesn't mind carrying a heavy box full of juice bottles and other things. At least when you use bags, you can divide up the stuff and make it easier to carry out.

Now, I also wheel out everything I buy in the cart, to the car. Even if I just have one bag, I wheel it out! :hilarious:

When we go to the Mall of America we often see people that bring their own mini-carts. It makes me laugh, but then it also makes me a little jealous. It's easier to push or pull a little cart than carry bags or in your hubs case boxes!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom