The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I know how that is.

I had to get a real ID last year in Wisconsin since I fly. My id had to be Renewal, but I had to got the DMV in person because of the Real ID. Anyone who needed to get a real ID, needs to show up at one of Wisconsin's DMV locations.

Same here -- you have to bring all these freaking documents (some of which are certified copies of things), and show up in person. (We have AAA offices here that can also process real ID licenses, not just our registries.)

What they try to do in MA is get people to first fill out the long application form online, and then print it out, and bring it in with your documents. In MA as well, you can't complete a Real ID process online, only the application form itself.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I got an email from Hershey Park saying my season pass is good starting January 1st and they're open that day. I mentioned it to Mom...then made the mistake of mentioning it to Dad...I've heard nothing but "Why don't you take your brother?" "You should take your brother" ever since. The only thing that would have been worse is had I mentioned it to my brother. :rolleyes:

Sympathy like.

Rista1313

Same here -- you have to bring all these freaking documents (some of which are certified copies of things), and show up in person. (We have AAA offices here that can also process real ID licenses, not just our registries.)

What they try to do in MA is get people to first fill out the long application form online, and then print it out, and bring it in with your documents. In MA as well, you can't complete a Real ID process online, only the application form itself.

I filled out something online here in MIchigan, just printed it out and brought my passport... didn't need 100 zillion things? hmmm Sounds like I got away with the easy process.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I filled out something online here in MIchigan, just printed it out and brought my passport... didn't need 100 zillion things? hmmm Sounds like I got away with the easy process.

Yes, because a passport is actually a REAL ID. So you didn't have to come up with the extra documents that others would need, who did not have a valid U.S. passport.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
We are back from Illinois. Long story short, the in-laws weren't so bad this year. They didn't really do anything that made me upset. I think it helped that we stayed in the hotel, and it actually might have helped that we didn't go last year. Now the dog and I are happily snuggling.

WOO HOO!!! You're back and Kapono is ecstatic! Happy to hear that the rellies weren't so bad this time, and like you said--just being out of their house and in a hotel in your own space (to sleep), must have really helped your sanity. Happy for Brad, too. :)

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Welp, feels like my right foot is broken, or fractured. Woke up with a sharp pain right in the middle and I've been limping all day long. Funny thing is, the other day, the left one was acting up and that's the one I actually did break a few years back. What a way to end the year.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Welp, feels like my right foot is broken, or fractured. Woke up with a sharp pain right in the middle and I've been limping all day long. Funny thing is, the other day, the left one was acting up and that's the one I actually did break a few years back. What a way to end the year.

That's not pleasant. I'm wondering if you might have pulled a muscle--that can be very painful.

Songbird76

@MySmallWorldof4 and @Songbird76

I read a recent interview with Julie Andrews and she said she declined appearing in the sequel because she wanted Emily Blunt to “make the character her own” and did not want to be a “distraction”.

She’s still a classy lady.
Aww.....that's so sweet. Nice to know, thanks for clearing that up. Though I am disappointed...I LOVE Julie Andrews.

Songbird76

You fit the profile for Federal Statistics. U.S. Education Department's National Center for Education Statistics shows that children of college-educated parents are much more likely to pursue and complete an undergraduate degree than are young people whose parents did not attend college. as they moved through their education (or didn’t). Researchers divided students into three groups: one where at least one parent got a degree, one where at least one parent had some college and one where neither parent had any college. The results showed that an individual’s schooling pursuits were significantly influenced by their parents' backgrounds. Your Dad moved onto education beyond his bachelors degree, it is likely you would too. As my kids have moved forward with their career goals into masters and certifications it will be interesting if they ever decide to have children what those offspring will do. With the masters my DD is pursuing it will easily triple or more her salary in under a year and she is already doing well with her bachelors.

Thanks. I've admired it for a couple years now and she knows my love of Disney World.

She got it from a craft fair but it is all over Etsy in various designs.
I don't exactly know how to word it, but I do wonder how much of the level of education is based on history repeating and how much of it is more...expectation I guess? For example....neither of my parents had a college education. My dad wanted to go to college, but his dad wouldn't pay for it because he wanted my dad to take over the ranch. Both my brother and I got college educations/degrees, a lot because it was expected of us by my mother. She didn't want either of us to continue the unskilled labor life of minimum wage, living paycheck to paycheck. My husband did the highest level of high school and has the equivalent of a masters degree, I have a bachelors degree, and both of our kids are on the same path. But then there are other kids who could probably do really well in school, but it's never been emphasized by their parents.

In my experience, it's generally parents who have a degree who emphasize the importance of education with their children, and of course there are exceptions to that, like my mom. But I saw kids in DD's class who really just didn't worry about trying hard, because no one was telling them they needed to. THen by the time they get to high school and realize how limited their options are, it takes them so much longer to get through the system because they didn't take it seriously when they were younger.

And my grandfather....his father was a lawyer, his grandfather was secretary of State in Kansas, he was a minister, and a stone mason...he had a lot of education, but according to family records, my grandfather's dad did not know he existed as a child. We don't know if his parents were ever married or what happened, but apparently they were no longer together when she discovered she was pregnant, and she dumped the baby with her parents and came back when he was 5 to pick him up. But none of them had any schooling, so my grandfather was never exposed to that life. I wonder how his life would have been different if he had known his father. And do kids tend to follow in their parents' footsteps because that's emphasized so heavily or just because it's all they know?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom