The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I will have so much to catch up. With family visiting I don’t want to be rude and ignore them. So our oldest dog somehow got an abscess on her back. I only noticed it when petting her last night. It felt like a lump. So I called the vet and we got her in today. She shaved the fur off and it was a bloody mess. She took her in the bag to clean it out. So now the dog has a drain and the vet will recheck her on Saturday. She is on antibiotics now. No idea how it occured. The vet said it could be fron a cyst possibly. We won’t know until it heals. So dh stayed home while the rest of us(in laws as well) went to see Mary Poppins. Dh didn’t want to take a chance leaving the dog with the other pets. And we are also trying to confine her to non carpeted areas. The music and cinematography, and 2d animation were fantastic. Mary Poppins role didn’t seen very large though compared to the man who was sort of the “new” Bert. I was happy to see that Mr. Sherman did consult with the music. The score sounded like something he would have written. They definitely took good care in trying to make it a sequel worth making. Dh didn’t want to see it because he didn’t think the movie should have had a sequel. I am guessing many may have thought that looking at box office revenues. We enjoyed it though. :)

Yep, know that feeling of catching up. And poor Pup. Yeah Pup's that have cysts that explode are messy. My Boy Golden had one on top of his head. We came home from my Mom's one Christmas Eve and he somehow scratched into it. Bluck bluck bluck. When it healed you would have never known it was there-ever. He left behind a small bald patch about the size of a penny. A surgeon couldn't have done it better. Hope Pup feels better soon.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I liked it. I just prefer Julie Andrews and **** Van **** in the title roles. Jane was cast perfectly. Similar facial features. The kids were adorable. Loved the dance sequence with the lamplighters. Do you have any idea why Julie Andrews didn’t make a special appearance? I wanted to cry when I saw **** Van **** dancing on the table. :)

Flash back to my Dad and My Sis dancing on the table at my very formal wedding reception. I actually missed it but my photographer didn't.

Figgy1

Wow. I thought I was the only one who couldn't watch TV on school weeknights. All the kids in our family had to wait until Saturday morning (after our chores were done) to watch TV. There were some great TV shows back then on Saturday mornings, so we always had fun.
Not so much as couldn't as I was either outside or reading. I was the kid who read Charlotte's Web in one night at the beginning of second grade. I didn't understand for a couple of year's why I wound up in the principal's office and my parent's were called in.

Figgy1

Yep, know that feeling of catching up. And poor Pup. Yeah Pup's that have cysts that explode are messy. My Boy Golden had one on top of his head. We came home from my Mom's one Christmas Eve and he somehow scratched into it. Bluck bluck bluck. When it healed you would have never known it was there-ever. He left behind a small bald patch about the size of a penny. A surgeon couldn't have done it better. Hope Pup feels better soon.
Dogs have a way of knowing what's best for them. The perfect example Jack and food:joyfull:

Figgy1

Seeing my no clothes buying challenge went well, I think I'm going to do it again. Somebody put me in a nice warm room with soft walls;) I'm also going to do a challenge called "Make 9" It's where you pick 9 patterns to make by the beginning of the year. Please make the soft walls pink;)

Last edited:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Ugh. Life used to be simpler, prior to do-it-yourself things online. Long story short, I spent well over an hour this morning trying to fill out (and understand what the questions actually meant :rolleyes:) in the new driver's license renewal lunacy in my state. They offer the new Real ID option, and if you don't get that, you can't fly. (The waiver for MA is up to 2020, I think, but at that point, everyone who wants to fly will have to convert their license over to Real ID.)

Of course, I didn't answer one question the way I was (apparently) supposed to, and the stupid thing froze up (after like 8 screens of moronic questions . . .) and I had to start over, and wait for them to email me a code to start again. :facepalm:

Then they ask for you to bring (in person) original copies of things, and one was a utility bill and I had two -- but no, it would not allow me to bring two utility bills, only one. Then I had to pick another thing that I didn't have at home, so I can't go to get my license at AAA today. Will have to wait a week. Why do I feel like this new system only serves to protect us from ourselves??!! :banghead:

Figgy1

Ugh. Life used to be simpler, prior to do-it-yourself things online. Long story short, I spent well over an hour this morning trying to fill out (and understand what the questions actually meant :rolleyes:) in the new driver's license renewal lunacy in my state. They offer the new Real ID option, and if you don't get that, you can't fly. (The waiver for MA is up to 2020, I think, but at that point, everyone who wants to fly will have to convert their license over to Real ID.)

Of course, I didn't answer one question the way I was (apparently) supposed to, and the stupid thing froze up (after like 8 screens of moronic questions . . .) and I had to start over, and wait for them to email me a code to start again. :facepalm:

Then they ask for you to bring (in person) original copies of things, and one was a utility bill and I had two -- but no, it would not allow me to bring two utility bills, only one. Then I had to pick another thing that I didn't have at home, so I can't go to get my license at AAA today. Will have to wait a week. Why do I feel like this new system only serves to protect us from ourselves??!! :banghead:
Sympathy like

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom