The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Rista1313

Ugh. Life used to be simpler, prior to do-it-yourself things online. Long story short, I spent well over an hour this morning trying to fill out (and understand what the questions actually meant :rolleyes:) in the new driver's license renewal lunacy in my state. They offer the new Real ID option, and if you don't get that, you can't fly. (The waiver for MA is up to 2020, I think, but at that point, everyone who wants to fly will have to convert their license over to Real ID.)

Of course, I didn't answer one question the way I was (apparently) supposed to, and the stupid thing froze up (after like 8 screens of moronic questions . . .) and I had to start over, and wait for them to email me a code to start again. :facepalm:

Then they ask for you to bring (in person) original copies of things, and one was a utility bill and I had two -- but no, it would not allow me to bring two utility bills, only one. Then I had to pick another thing that I didn't have at home, so I can't go to get my license at AAA today. Will have to wait a week. Why do I feel like this new system only serves to protect us from ourselves??!! :banghead:

Michigan has a waiver too, but I had to go in to renew my license this year anyhow, so I just brought my passport with me and did the real ID. I travel a lot, so it is necessary.

93boomer

Premium Member
Ugh. Life used to be simpler, prior to do-it-yourself things online. Long story short, I spent well over an hour this morning trying to fill out (and understand what the questions actually meant :rolleyes:) in the new driver's license renewal lunacy in my state. They offer the new Real ID option, and if you don't get that, you can't fly. (The waiver for MA is up to 2020, I think, but at that point, everyone who wants to fly will have to convert their license over to Real ID.)

Of course, I didn't answer one question the way I was (apparently) supposed to, and the stupid thing froze up (after like 8 screens of moronic questions . . .) and I had to start over, and wait for them to email me a code to start again. :facepalm:

Then they ask for you to bring (in person) original copies of things, and one was a utility bill and I had two -- but no, it would not allow me to bring two utility bills, only one. Then I had to pick another thing that I didn't have at home, so I can't go to get my license at AAA today. Will have to wait a week. Why do I feel like this new system only serves to protect us from ourselves??!! :banghead:
My Dd just went through this mess. She said she felt like she gave her life away :joyfull:

wdwfan4ver

I know how that is.

I had to get a real ID last year in Wisconsin since I fly. My id had to be Renewal, but I had to got the DMV in person because of the Real ID. Anyone who needed to get a real ID, needs to show up at one of Wisconsin's DMV locations.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I liked it. I just prefer Julie Andrews and **** Van **** in the title roles. Jane was cast perfectly. Similar facial features. The kids were adorable. Loved the dance sequence with the lamplighters. Do you have any idea why Julie Andrews didn’t make a special appearance? I wanted to cry when I saw **** Van **** dancing on the table. :)

Someone might have already answered by I read that Julie Andrews didn't want any attention put on her being in the movie and wanted the focus to be on Emily Blunt playing Mary Poppins. There is a cameo by the original Jane in the movie, she is the lady that asks for directions on Cherry Tree Lane.

StarWarsGirl

In the Parks
No
I got an email from Hershey Park saying my season pass is good starting January 1st and they're open that day. I mentioned it to Mom...then made the mistake of mentioning it to Dad...I've heard nothing but "Why don't you take your brother?" "You should take your brother" ever since. The only thing that would have been worse is had I mentioned it to my brother. :rolleyes:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom