The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

King Capybara 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
I actually wouldn't mind being there even with the crowds. This would be the perfect time for a resort only trip or if I had an AP a time to just explore the park decorations. At least there I could bundle up and go outside and walk. Right now we're getting a mix of carp:mad::mad::mad::mad:
You only want to go for the warm weather ...

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Received all Christmas packages ordered online. Only thing left is to gift wrap. Gifts ordered included Disney merchandise, video games, candy, clothes and other stuff.

The only downside is my gift wrapping depends on how I'm feeling. I got Flu shot in October, but I'm starting to have signs of a cold. My cough is not constant yet though.

Those all sound like good gifts. Which one is mine? ;)

I hope you don't get a cold; they're a nuisance. I doubt you have the start of a flu, if you got the flu shot (not that they're goof proof, but usually are effective. From what I've heard so far, the flu shots are effective this season.)

MinnieM123

Premium Member

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Everyone have a good day today. Signing off early this morning as I have to get a 5:45 AM bus into work -- putting in a few early hours to knock out some work.

At noon, we have our Christmas/holidays party and that's at a restaurant. We can all go home from there! Yipppeee!!! Free food and early release today!!! :joyfull:

Have a fun party and yay for early release!

Rista1313

Yup, and they are all Millennial's standing in a circle and repeating over and over... "When they pay us enough to buy that new sports car we will start paying attention.;)

Good lord, isn't that the truth.... They don't understand you don't get a living wage until you have paid your dues... Most of you won't get an awesome job with awesome pay immediately out of college!

Goofyernmost

Received all Christmas packages ordered online. Only thing left is to gift wrap. Gifts ordered included Disney merchandise, video games, candy, clothes and other stuff.

The only downside is my gift wrapping depends on how I'm feeling. I got Flu shot in October, but I'm starting to have signs of a cold. My cough is not constant yet though.
Everything is bought and wrapped. I try to be consistent from year to year. The scam of gift giving for parents and grandparents is that the rate of return sucks. I have two daughters, two sons-in-law, 4 grandchildren and a sister to buy for. This year to buy approximately the same number and type of things as last year I have spent 30% more. I will end up, at the end of the day on Christmas with a minus 80% return on that investment. (as I do every year) I bring gifts in two large boxes and return home placing everything I got in an envelope.;)

Couple that with the loss in value of my retirement investments last month, alone, by 4 grand, I am really starting to get worried about what is happening. I'm trying to keep in the Christmas spirit, but, it is getting harder and harder.
No reason for concern though, I go through this same... why didn't I just put a few dollars in a card and have it over with old person solution. I guess I'm not quite old enough, mentally, to do the grandparent method of low stress gift giving.
It doesn't help that two of those grandchildren have December birthdays.

Rista1313

Everything is bought and wrapped. I try to be consistent from year to year. The scam of gift giving for parents and grandparents is that the rate of return sucks. I have two daughters, two sons-in-law, 4 grandchildren and a sister to buy for. This year to buy approximately the same number and type of things as last year I have spent 30% more. I will end up, at the end of the day on Christmas with a minus 80% return on that investment. (as I do every year) I bring gifts in two large boxes and return home placing everything I got in an envelope.;)

Couple that with the loss in value of my retirement investments last month, alone, by 4 grand, I am really starting to get worried about what is happening. I'm trying to keep in the Christmas spirit, but, it is getting harder and harder.
No reason for concern though, I go through this same... why didn't I just put a few dollars in a card and have it over with old person solution. I guess I'm not quite old enough, mentally, to do the grandparent method of low stress gift giving.
It doesn't help that two of those grandchildren have December birthdays.

I hear ya... I've lost a little over 2k in my 401k investments this quarter... It'll be ok! I did cop out and do one kiddo with an IOU $xxx for xmas ... I have the money saved, but he wants it for work boots that are quite expensive, but he/I also know that if I give him cash now, he will spend it... so I have the money waiting for him, for when he's actually ready to purchase the boots.

I sometimes wish I could go the giftcard route, but my husband HATES giftcards with a passion and refuses....

Songbird76

In other news, its going to be a pretty bitter Christmas. We were going to be very few this Christmas, but it went worse.
Grandmah had an haemorrhagic stroke and is now paralysed from one side.
Might be her last Christmas so mom, despite being ill of a cold... Planning in going with her for one last Christmas.

I'm still furious at my mom's family side. Where everyone just simply ignores my grandmah. Most are going to their own christmas away from the city they live (where my grandmah is now) and most don't even visit her.. I hope karma hits them big time.
Only some of my cousins and 2 sisters (plus my mom) are the only ones taking care of her or visiting her.
I'm so sorry to hear about her stroke! Are you going with your mom to spend one more Christmas with grandma, or will she go alone?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom