The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MySmallWorldof4

Um most Polish people put meat (and rice) in stuffed cabbage. What do you put in it?
My dh has a Polish background and he hates traditional stuffed cabbage. I have Eastern European heritage too, unless Ancestry.com says otherwise. :hilarious: I had garlic, red and green cabbage, sweet and yukon gold potatoes, onions, kale, spinach, swiss chard, fermented cabbage, tomato sauce, and assorted spices. Whew! Really not difficult to cook. Roasted the potatoes, then 5 minute stir fry of the other ingredients. :hungry:

Songbird76

Well, that may be my problem...I don't use condiments or anything. To me, a burger is a burger is a burger. I'm certainly no connoisseur. If what makes it special is the toppings, I'm probably not the best judge because I don't like most things that go on burgers....ketchup, mustard, pickles, onions, tomato...I do like mushrooms. But that may be why my opinion of Five Guys is less favorable than others find it.

Songbird76

She will probably go first alone to take care of a few things and make my grandmah company.. then ill join her later near Christmas.
I'm sure she'll appreciate having you there for support, and your grandma will love seeing you. I know it's really hard, and it sucks that the rest of your family doesn't seem to care, but I'm sure your grandma knows YOU do, and that's what matters....and I'm sure your mom appreciates your support. It's hard watching your mom change from how she used to be, and watching her lose her independence like that....a lot of hard decisions for your mom this past year...it's so good she has you. And it will be nice to be together for Christmas.

Songbird76

My dh has a Polish background and he hates traditional stuffed cabbage. I have Eastern European heritage too, unless Ancestry.com says otherwise. :hilarious: I had garlic, red and green cabbage, sweet and yukon gold potatoes, onions, kale, spinach, swiss chard, fermented cabbage, tomato sauce, and assorted spices. Whew! Really not difficult to cook. Roasted the potatoes, then 5 minute stir fry of the other ingredients. :hungry:
Did you do the DNA thing from Ancestry to find out your percentages? My brother did that I guess. Wish he would have told me he was doing it. I worked on our family tree for years and he didn't think to tell me he was looking into our ancestry. Brothers. :rolleyes:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom