The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Songbird76

In all fairness, even with their lower standard, comparing Five Guys to Wendy's is the same as comparing the Queen Mary to a rowboat.
Huh....I must have been at a REALLY bad 5 guys then, because it definitely was not much better than any other burger....I'd take Burger King over that. Never actually had a Wendy's burger though, so maybe those are just BAD.

Goofyernmost

Huh....I must have been at a REALLY bad 5 guys then, because it definitely was not much better than any other burger....I'd take Burger King over that. Never actually had a Wendy's burger though, so maybe those are just BAD.
No, McD's, Wendy's and BK are pretty much the same thing. Edible, but, nothing to write home about. I don't know exactly how to describe what it was about 5 Guys that pulled me in but, things like patties that aren't compacted into the consistency of a hockey puck and the availability of grilled onions as a condiment and even the flavor of the burger seemed to have a certain pleasantness to it. Perhaps @JenniferS, being a connoisseur of, what in Canada is probably called "Five Polite Gentlemen, eh", has a better evaluation of the why's then I. I just liked them. I still do, but, not like I once did.

Figgy1

I hear ya... I've lost a little over 2k in my 401k investments this quarter... It'll be ok! I did cop out and do one kiddo with an IOU $xxx for xmas ... I have the money saved, but he wants it for work boots that are quite expensive, but he/I also know that if I give him cash now, he will spend it... so I have the money waiting for him, for when he's actually ready to purchase the boots.

I sometimes wish I could go the giftcard route, but my husband HATES giftcards with a passion and refuses....
One year I'm going to go the gift card route:devilish:

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
No, McD's, Wendy's and BK are pretty much the same thing. Edible, but, nothing to write home about. I don't know exactly how to describe what it was about 5 Guys that pulled me in but, things like patties that aren't compacted into the consistency of a hockey puck and the availability of grilled onions as a condiment and even the flavor of the burger seemed to have a certain pleasantness to it. Perhaps @JenniferS, being a connoisseur of, what in Canada is probably called "Five Polite Gentlemen, eh", has a better evaluation of the why's then I. I just liked them. I still do, but, not like I once did.
5 Guys = fresh grilled juicy patties, grilled onions, 100% peanut oil, customizable milkshakes. It’s all good.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom