The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Rista1313

I won't be around much today... today is our "movie day" at work. We go to a local theatre, cater lunch, and then each person in the department goes to a movie of his/her choosing. It's truly a favorite day in our department. How am I involved? Well I'm in charge of the "fun team" for our department, and imparting mandatory fun! :hilarious:

Figgy1

Premium Member
I won't be around much today... today is our "movie day" at work. We go to a local theatre, cater lunch, and then each person in the department goes to a movie of his/her choosing. It's truly a favorite day in our department. How am I involved? Well I'm in charge of the "fun team" for our department, and imparting mandatory fun! :hilarious:
Have lots and lots of fun:joyfull:

StarWarsGirl

So I just got the info for the first cheer competition next weekend in Baltimore. First off it is a 2 day, meaning they compete twice. That is a first for her team. Second, the Ravens are home on Sunday and driving will probably not be fun getting out of the area because the convention center is right near the stadium. Then I found out that the coach wants French braids for day 1. We need to arrive by 7:30 am to the venue. I live 90 minutes away. Can you imagine doing perfect braids a possibly 4:30 in the morning on an 8 year old? I am only spending Saturday night at a hotel by the convention center. Did not want to spend extra money on another night. Dh would not be happy about that anyway. Luckily I am a morning person. @StarWarsGirl , want to go to a cheer competition near home? :hilarious::joyfull:;)
Oh, I know where you're talking about. Do they pay for parking or do you have to pay yourself?

If you have to park yourself, there's a garage called Down Under on Lombard street. It's super easy to get into and out of. It's also about a block away from the convention center. Staffed (though the staff will nag you to pay before you leave...*sigh*). Should be about $20 for the day.

You're actually a bit of a way from the stadium. Camden Yards and M&T Bank Stadium are right next to each other, and the convention center is on the Camden Yards side. I don't think you'll have it too bad leaving. People tend to leave the game in intervals, especially when it's cold out. Plus, you won't be near the main stadium parking lot.

Just watch out for idiots driving around the city (they like to do stupid stuff like change lanes in the middle of an intersection...) and if you have a chance, go check out the Inner Harbor. :)

Figgy1

Premium Member
Oh, I know where you're talking about. Do they pay for parking or do you have to pay yourself?

If you have to park yourself, there's a garage called Down Under on Lombard street. It's super easy to get into and out of. It's also about a block away from the convention center. Staffed (though the staff will nag you to pay before you leave...*sigh*). Should be about $20 for the day.

You're actually a bit of a way from the stadium. Camden Yards and M&T Bank Stadium are right next to each other, and the convention center is on the Camden Yards side. I don't think you'll have it too bad leaving. People tend to leave the game in intervals, especially when it's cold out. Plus, you won't be near the main stadium parking lot.

Just watch out for idiots driving around the city (they like to do stupid stuff like change lanes in the middle of an intersection...) and if you have a chance, go check out the Inner Harbor. :)
My dh says I shouldn't be allowed to check out the IH:rolleyes:

MouseDreaming

@MouseDreaming , T LOVED it!!!!!!

The “gym” is below a doctor’s office.. literally 1 room with a treadmill, agility boards, agility ladder, free weights.

T didn’t even get on the treadmill, much to my surprise and at first, dismay.
He did the entire FIFA 11+ warm up, BUT unlike in Soccer when I see him doing it wrong.. he had a 1 on 1 trainer to correct him.. the corrections were noticeable immediately.

After that he did the agility ladder..then push ups..had a hard time on the last few, the trainer did not count them unless T did them correctly., After the push ups the trainer said “You good, Lil Dude?” T gave an out of breath “Yes”.. the guy replied “Good. Now I’m going to destroy your core.” I let out a laugh as I watched T’s eyes almost pop out of his head. He did v-sits (first time ever) and then plank rolls.

After all of that they got up on a large wooden board with numbers in boxes, a high school athlete arrived by this time, and he got up on a board as well.. they had to jump in a sequence. T let out a loud sigh at one point when he kept making mistakes. The trainer said- “Tristan, I’m going to expose every weakness you have, and it’s going to hurt, and it’s going to be the hardest thing you’ve ever done. But you know what? I promise you that it will be the most rewarding thing you’ve ever done.”
I could see T try harder after that.

When it was over the trainer high fived him, and asked him if he wanted to come back.
T smiles and said “Yes coach. I’m going to crush it.”

He held up his hand to ‘hit the rock’ with T.. and then turned to me and said “your kid is going to have the best sleep of his life tonight.” 😂

We got to the car and T said “that was EPIC. When can I go back?”

So I guess we’re in. ❤️💪
Glad it worked out. A little more advice, if I may? Only because I wish I had done this. Ask if it is ok to get some video. I see this frustration with my own kids in music, dance, things that they have trained in for awhile. It seems the longer they have been practicing and/or training, the more frustration builds. And, when I stop to think about it, it makes sense. You get to a point where you feel stagnant. Like nothing has changed, because the changes are so minute, they might not notice it. As my kids learn more, they tend to get more critical of themselves, too. It doesn't help if I tell them I hear or see improvement, because I am Mom, and they think I am just being nice. When you reach that point, video doesn't lie to make you feel better. Document here and there, if you can.

MouseDreaming

@MouseDreaming , T LOVED it!!!!!!

The “gym” is below a doctor’s office.. literally 1 room with a treadmill, agility boards, agility ladder, free weights.

T didn’t even get on the treadmill, much to my surprise and at first, dismay.
He did the entire FIFA 11+ warm up, BUT unlike in Soccer when I see him doing it wrong.. he had a 1 on 1 trainer to correct him.. the corrections were noticeable immediately.

After that he did the agility ladder..then push ups..had a hard time on the last few, the trainer did not count them unless T did them correctly., After the push ups the trainer said “You good, Lil Dude?” T gave an out of breath “Yes”.. the guy replied “Good. Now I’m going to destroy your core.” I let out a laugh as I watched T’s eyes almost pop out of his head. He did v-sits (first time ever) and then plank rolls.

After all of that they got up on a large wooden board with numbers in boxes, a high school athlete arrived by this time, and he got up on a board as well.. they had to jump in a sequence. T let out a loud sigh at one point when he kept making mistakes. The trainer said- “Tristan, I’m going to expose every weakness you have, and it’s going to hurt, and it’s going to be the hardest thing you’ve ever done. But you know what? I promise you that it will be the most rewarding thing you’ve ever done.”
I could see T try harder after that.

When it was over the trainer high fived him, and asked him if he wanted to come back.
T smiles and said “Yes coach. I’m going to crush it.”

He held up his hand to ‘hit the rock’ with T.. and then turned to me and said “your kid is going to have the best sleep of his life tonight.” 😂

We got to the car and T said “that was EPIC. When can I go back?”

So I guess we’re in. ❤️💪
Glad it worked out. A little more advice, if I may? Only because I wish I had done this. Ask if it is ok to get some video. I see this frustration with my own kids in music, dance, things that they have trained in for awhile. It seems the longer they have been practicing and/or training, the more frustration builds. And, when I stop to think about it, it makes sense. You get to a point where you feel stagnant. Like nothing has changed, because the changes are so minute, they might not notice it. As my kids learn more, they tend to get more critical of themselves, too. It doesn't help if I tell them I hear or see improvement, because I am Mom, and they think I am just being nice. When you reach that point, video doesn't lie to make you feel better.
Last week of my play at the King's Head Theatre in London, and then everyone can breathe a sigh of relief that I'll stop posting about it, LOL. The reviews were so good that the producer asked me to write a sequel, and said if I did, he would produce it next year. Sequels don't have very good luck, except maybe for Aliens and Godfather 2, maybe a few more that I'm forgetting, but I'm considering it.
View attachment 331237View attachment 331238View attachment 331239View attachment 331240
Whether you write it or not, how flattering! I know when I look for a sequel, it tends to be because I want to know what happens in the "lives" of the characters next. Which is another way of saying, you have some good character development going on.

Edit Sorry for the double post at top. Not sure what happened.

Last edited:

MouseDreaming

So I just got the info for the first cheer competition next weekend in Baltimore. First off it is a 2 day, meaning they compete twice. That is a first for her team. Second, the Ravens are home on Sunday and driving will probably not be fun getting out of the area because the convention center is right near the stadium. Then I found out that the coach wants French braids for day 1. We need to arrive by 7:30 am to the venue. I live 90 minutes away. Can you imagine doing perfect braids a possibly 4:30 in the morning on an 8 year old? I am only spending Saturday night at a hotel by the convention center. Did not want to spend extra money on another night. Dh would not be happy about that anyway. Luckily I am a morning person. @StarWarsGirl , want to go to a cheer competition near home? :hilarious::joyfull:;)
DD has to be at the high school at 6 am for a dance competition. Well, I had to break it to her, we actually have to be there 15 minutes earlier. I have the Cuties for there treat bags.

I am really glad she does her own hair. Honestly, I can't even do French braids. And their hair is elaborate and different for both dances. Add to that, I don't have to transport her.

MySmallWorldof4

Last week of my play at the King's Head Theatre in London, and then everyone can breathe a sigh of relief that I'll stop posting about it, LOL. The reviews were so good that the producer asked me to write a sequel, and said if I did, he would produce it next year. Sequels don't have very good luck, except maybe for Aliens and Godfather 2, maybe a few more that I'm forgetting, but I'm considering it.
View attachment 331237View attachment 331238View attachment 331239View attachment 331240
Money for Disney!:p

MySmallWorldof4

St. Nick left his his presents in a drawer... in his desk at work! 🤦‍♀️😐

So, instead of Christmas themed socks, a word find book, a Goosebumps book, and a slime kit..
he’s now receiving a Nintendo Switch game and a pair of CR7 soccer shoes, from the “Christmas stash”.

I was so proud of myself for remembering ahead of time this year.. and I still messed up. St. Nick and Santa communicate, right? Hopefully? ☹️
But it's 19 days until Christmas.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom