The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

wdwfan4ver

My mom was scared of their skirts. Lol! She said the swishing sound always frightened her.
She also said that they didn’t use capital punishment when she was a kid, she’s 65, so I think it varied by region I guess.

Edit- CORPORAL not CAPITAL 😂😂😂🤦‍♀️
I don't know if it was a region thing. Nuns in Wisconsin believed in Corporal Punishment including my grandfathers aunts back when my dad was growing up. My dad came from a family line of nuns including those that were my grandfathers aunts.

If your mom had my grandfather's aunts as nuns, she'd be frighten of them too like rest of the students were.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Last week of my play at the King's Head Theatre in London, and then everyone can breathe a sigh of relief that I'll stop posting about it, LOL. The reviews were so good that the producer asked me to write a sequel, and said if I did, he would produce it next year. Sequels don't have very good luck, except maybe for Aliens and Godfather 2, maybe a few more that I'm forgetting, but I'm considering it.

Congratulations, Buddy. This must be so rewarding. Happy for you.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I had an ex-nun that lived on the property catty-corner behind me. She then taught piano.
Pure Evil lady. I often wondered why she left the order. Then the Deacon moved in with her. He taught CCD with her on Saturdays. He explained to the middle schoolers that more explicitly than this, that they never had 'adult' type relationship 'cause she was Holy 'cause she was an ex-Nun. Crazy nuts.

Sounds normal to me. ;) :joyfull:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
So I just got the info for the first cheer competition next weekend in Baltimore. First off it is a 2 day, meaning they compete twice. That is a first for her team. Second, the Ravens are home on Sunday and driving will probably not be fun getting out of the area because the convention center is right near the stadium. Then I found out that the coach wants French braids for day 1. We need to arrive by 7:30 am to the venue. I live 90 minutes away. Can you imagine doing perfect braids a possibly 4:30 in the morning on an 8 year old? I am only spending Saturday night at a hotel by the convention center. Did not want to spend extra money on another night. Dh would not be happy about that anyway. Luckily I am a morning person. @StarWarsGirl , want to go to a cheer competition near home? :hilarious::joyfull:;)

Why do they do this so close to Christmas? Don't they understand that many parents are short on cash, due to all the presents they're buying for their family?

MySmallWorldof4

DD has to be at the high school at 6 am for a dance competition. Well, I had to break it to her, we actually have to be there 15 minutes earlier. I have the Cuties for there treat bags.

I am really glad she does her own hair. Honestly, I can't even do French braids. And their hair is elaborate and different for both dances. Add to that, I don't have to transport her.
Sympathy like for your dd. One of the teams from dd's gym is first to perform at the competition. 8:30am for them. DD's team is at 9:02. Yes, 9:02 Not a minute before or after.:hilarious: They are going up against some good teams from much more populated areas. Hoping for no falls, especially since my kid is at the top of the pyramid.

MySmallWorldof4

Why do they do this so close to Christmas? Don't they understand that many parents are short on cash, due to all the presents they're buying for their family?
Well the competition fees are all prepaid. They usually start in December for cheer. The competition season is Fall through Spring. DD's gym competes December through May. Since we are in a less populated area, they keep the costs low so more can afford it. We also have a lower cost of living than if we lived 30 miles south or north. I am sharing the hotel with another mom and luckily this one is going to be $55 for each of us, so not that bad. We only have one other hotel necessary competition, and that will be in April in Baltimore again. This is assuming they don't make it to US Finals in VA Beach in May. The other teams at the gym are competing to go to Disney again. Last year one team made it. Now that is an expensive trip! There are lots of fundraisers to help with costs.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom