The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MySmallWorldof4

My brother's birthday was always right around when the new school year started...usually a day before or a day after. Never more than a few days, though. But my mom kept him home an extra year because she felt like he was too young.
My son barely made the cutoff, being a December baby. He's always been the youngest in his class until this year. There's one kid whose birthday is something like December 12th, and one on New Years Eve. MOST people choose to have their kids do one extra year of kindergarten if their birthday is so close to the cutoff....cutoff used to be October. We chose to let DS move on because he could already read and do basic math and he HATED the craft stuff that's so large a part of kindergarten. But I have several friends with kids who were born between September and December and all of them chose to have their kids do an extra kindergarten year.
Happy belated to ds.
1544101325339.png

Figgy1

Premium Member
You know what I can no longer do? I can no longer just pull a small quote out of a long post. Maybe that is because of the ios update I did on Sunday? If so, then now I wish I hadn’t done it. :(
I've had issues with that on android and PC a few times in the past week. It may have been a site issue because it happened around the time we all had trouble posting pics

MySmallWorldof4

He did v-sits (first time ever
Youngest has been doing those for years. It is sort of a normal conditioning thing in gymnastics and cheer. I bet T has a hurting body this morning, poor kid, but then he will know that he wasn't in perfect shape and will get stronger. Thinking I get his personality, he will probably be ok with that. Glad he enjoyed the lesson.

21stamps

T is limping today. He woke up, came in my room with a “Mom! Ouchohmygosh my legs are So Sore! I can’t walk.” and then briefly got distracted once we went down to see what St Nick left on the fireplace.

On the way to school he said “I can’t play kickball today, I think I broke my leg.”

“T, it’s just sore muscles. Your body doesn’t use all of those muscles all the time. Being sore is ok, it means the muscles are stretching and growing.”

“Well I don’t want them to burst out of my skin!”

:hilarious:

MySmallWorldof4

So I just got the info for the first cheer competition next weekend in Baltimore. First off it is a 2 day, meaning they compete twice. That is a first for her team. Second, the Ravens are home on Sunday and driving will probably not be fun getting out of the area because the convention center is right near the stadium. Then I found out that the coach wants French braids for day 1. We need to arrive by 7:30 am to the venue. I live 90 minutes away. Can you imagine doing perfect braids a possibly 4:30 in the morning on an 8 year old? I am only spending Saturday night at a hotel by the convention center. Did not want to spend extra money on another night. Dh would not be happy about that anyway. Luckily I am a morning person. @StarWarsGirl , want to go to a cheer competition near home? :hilarious::joyfull:;)

21stamps

Youngest has been doing those for years. It is sort of a normal conditioning thing in gymnastics and cheer. I bet T has a hurting body this morning, poor kid, but then he will know that he wasn't in perfect shape and will get stronger. Thinking I get his personality, he will probably be ok with that. Glad he enjoyed the lesson.

Same here, I couldn’t even count how many I did when growing up!.. v sits were a huge part of diving conditioning. T’s form was horrible..he’ll get there. They really are a great exercise.

See my above post.. he is sore.lol. I’m a little disappointed that his running gait wasn’t assessed, that’s the main reason we’re there.. but they’re the professionals so I guess I’m trusting the process.

21stamps

So I just got the info for the first cheer competition next weekend in Baltimore. First off it is a 2 day, meaning they compete twice. That is a first for her team. Second, the Ravens are home on Sunday and driving will probably not be fun getting out of the area because the convention center is right near the stadium. Then I found out that the coach wants French braids for day 1. We need to arrive by 7:30 am to the venue. I live 90 minutes away. Can you imagine doing perfect braids a possibly 4:30 in the morning on an 8 year old? I am only spending Saturday night at a hotel by the convention center. Did not want to spend extra money on another night. Dh would not be happy about that anyway. Luckily I am a morning person. @StarWarsGirl , want to go to a cheer competition near home? :hilarious::joyfull:;)

Oh wow! That’s early!
Can you braid it the night before and put a wrap around her hair?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom