The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

donaldtoo

Was your brother an Evel Knievel fan! by chance? I had the wind up motorcycle and had it go over little ramps I made. I never wanted to venture and make a full fledged one. I was one of those kids that just wouldn’t do something if I knew there was a chance to get really hurt.

Hahaaa...!!!
My next youngest bro had Evel Knievel. I had this set...

image.jpeg

And a coupla' these SSPs...the Laker Special and the Ram Jet...!!!!! :joyfull:

image.jpeg:rolleyes:

21stamps

I meant to share this yesterday and forgot....

Our curriculum director has been planning a trip with her family to Disney this June. She has been to WDW before but many years ago, Animal Kingdom wasn't open the last time she went. She did talk to me at various stages, she has not however taken all my suggestions so it should be interesting to hear how things go. Anyway, we talked again on Monday and I got these tidbits from her...

1. The travel agent she booked with quit her agency and right at fast pass booking time she was assigned a new agent. The agent she was assigned has been to WDW once about 15 years ago and didn't really know much about fast passes! :jawdrop: I suggested an agency that I have used a couple times (they booked my cruises and a stay at WDW) that specializes in WDW and there are no fees. So had she gone with my suggestion she would have had oodles of fast pass help.

2. She didn't know anything about rider swap with kids, so I had to fill her in on that. That probably would have changed her fast passes up. I have offered to look at her itinerary and make suggestions. She said she might, meaning she probably won't.

3. It is a multi-generational trip and she commented "I really thought we all would have more time apart, but it doesn't look like that is going to happen. But maybe we will be able to separate more when the time comes." I thought that was kind of funny, she is the grandma and wants time away from the grandkids! It seems as if I always hear about people wanting to be together all the time.

4. And the best....They leave on June 30th, late in the day so they plan to go to Toy Storyland on opening day. :eek: I mentioned that they might want to get there especially early that day (I relayed stories I heard about the opening of Pandora last year and what we saw on the opening of Frozen) she looked at me like I was crazy. Granted she said they had a fast pass for something in the land that day but still I think that is going to be crazy to go opening day. I hope for her sake I'm wrong.

After seeing photos and hearing about my sister’s trip, I think maybe people like that have a better time than those of us who stress over so many details. I’m a believer now. ;).
I hope she has just as much fun as my sis and co. did!

Goofyernmost

I have some ketching up to do, but I had to share because I am a super proud mama. View attachment 284168

DD got a perfect score on her Cito exam. 0% scored higher than she did in math, 4% scored higher than her in language, 6% in reading, and 26% in writing. She did SO well! And her best friend also did really well, with a 544....1 point away from VWO, but she already had the VWO advice anyway, and it can't go down. I suspect it was close, and I suspect that she had a bad day in there during their testing, because usually she's right up there neck and neck with DD. I was kind of expecting her to have a 550 as well, or at least a 549. But both of them got great scores. Really proud!!!
Wait a minute! Wait a minute! Stop the presses! :jawdrop: There WERE computers around even before (yes, even you) were born. :eek:

I rest my case below --

View attachment 284247

Also, the internet (ARPANET) was invented in 1983.
In 1983 I was 35 years old with two children. Definitely not part of my childhood. Cute desktop there, btw!
Never had catfish before?!?!?!?! :eek:
Oh my!!! Sympathy like. ;)
You should give I try sometime, I find it very delicious...!!! :hungry:
As far as the tarter sauce goes, some bites with it, some without...the filets (I prefer the spicy ones) are really tasty all on their own...!!! :hungry:
Also, their regular tarter sauce is fine, but I prefer their jalapeño tarter with the kick it has. It's in the little cup in the upper left of this pic...and, yet another... :hungry:!!!!! :hilarious:

View attachment 284304
Me neither... I try and steer clear of bottom feeders as much as possible. Do love me some Cod and Haddock, Shrimp, scallops and a very occasional Lobster. When I was a kid we used to go fishing a lot with friends. Tons of Perch. Don't care for those much now either.

Goofyernmost

3. It is a multi-generational trip and she commented "I really thought we all would have more time apart, but it doesn't look like that is going to happen. But maybe we will be able to separate more when the time comes." I thought that was kind of funny, she is the grandma and wants time away from the grandkids! It seems as if I always hear about people wanting to be together all the time.
We love our grandchildren, but, in small doses. Spending a lot of time with kids is for younger people with patience and strength. Haven't you heard the saying that the best part of having grandkids is that you can hand them back to their parents when you get tired. You never heard me say that I want to be together all the time. They are fun, you can spoil them, but, they are little balls of energy and our parenting time ended years ago. Biting ones tongue when you see something wrong and letting the parents handle it their way, takes a lot of energy too.

donaldtoo

Me neither... I try and steer clear of bottom feeders as much as possible. Do love me some Cod and Haddock, Shrimp, scallops and a very occasional Lobster. When I was a kid we used to go fishing a lot with friends. Tons of Perch. Don't care for those much now either.

So, I guess you also try to steer clear of stuff grown in the ground, as well, 'cause it "bottom feeds" where it grows?
Can't be too careful I guess, 'cause ya' never know where that dirt's been, or what's been in it... :cyclops: ;)

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
We love our grandchildren, but, in small doses. Spending a lot of time with kids is for younger people with patience and strength. Haven't you heard the saying that the best part of having grandkids is that you can hand them back to their parents when you get tired. You never heard me say that I want to be together all the time. They are fun, you can spoil them, but, they are little balls of energy and our parenting time ended years ago. Biting ones tongue when you see something wrong and letting the parents handle it their way, takes a lot of energy too.

I agree with you. I originally recommended to her that it would be a good idea to plan some time apart but I think she got overideded by everyone else in the group. I just thought it is kind of funny, especially the way she was so wistful about having space away from the family. That probably didn’t come across too well in my post.

Songbird76

I’m kind of the opposite I guess. I made a coworker come with me to buy FCC tickets from someone on Craigslist.. I have one friend who has done an online dating site, I was completely freaking out for her..I’m way too scared to do it... but, the photos on here didn’t worry me. Maybe I’m backwards. 😂

Now this makes sense to me because adults have profiles linked to names. FWIW, I’ve done that “reverse search” on about 20 photos of T (posted on this site) in the past 2 days.. so far nothing has come up.. but I’m going to keep checking thru the pics just in case.
Well, to be fair, I met my husband over 20 years ago on an online game and we were friends for several years before we started "dating" and met in person. I was in a relationship when I was on that game and got to be friends with my husband. It wasn't until I ended that relationship that my husband said he would really like a chance with me. I wouldn't be able to do the internet dating thing either. Personally, I hated the dating scene, no matter which form it took....it's all varying degrees of awful and I'm so glad to not to have to deal with it anymore. But when my husband and I got together, meeting people on the internet wasn't quite as scary, and the people I met were people I'd been talking to for years, just like on here. You are going to be in a particular place, you meet to say hi or get drinks or whatever. I wouldn't have the nerve to date someone from the internet now. Yikes. But like I said, there was usually someone with me whenever I met someone, and I always met in a public place so if it was a creeper, I would never have gone anywhere with them. The worst experience I ever had was when we (my ex and I) invited some people for their spring break and the one turned out to be the most annoying, hyper, worst house guest ever. He brought this big pointer stick that he called a "sword" and he kept swinging it around in our tiny little apartment and I had to ban it inside....he was like a toddler. He ripped our bed sheets and didn't tell us....I discovered it after they left. We were poor college students and had carefully budgeted for food and had all the meals planned out and he went through our freezer and insisted on making dinner, but using things I had for 3 nights all in one dish, and then we had to go buy more stuff we didn't have the money for, but they hadn't brought any money with them, so couldn't contribute for groceries. And then he kept saying he was the best house guest ever because he made dinner one night, which was chicken breast with campbells cream of mushroom soup over it, and some minute rice. So it wasn't that they were creepers, just really annoying and rude...insisting we HAD to let them make this food because what we had planned wasn't nearly as good as what he could make, how Wyoming didn't really have real mountains...the mountains he was used to were so much better....everything he did/had was so much better. I couldn't wait to see the back of him. They wanted to prolong their trip and we were like "Oh, no, we can't let you do that...your friends and family will worry if you don't get home when you're supposed to!" Other than that, I've never really had a bad experience meeting a friend from the internet, and in a way, it was no different than having a pen pal that you finally get to meet. You correspond for years and really feel like you know them. I was fortunate in that MOST people were pretty much exactly like they were on the internet. But, in this day and age, I don't think I would do things the way we used to....it would just be a very short meet up because we happen to be in the same place, not that you work out a plan and go somewhere specifically to meet that person. More like "Oh, hey, I'm going to be in Disney then, too! Shall we meet up for a drink?" rather than "I'd really like to meet you.....how can we make that happen?" But I'm also a different person than I was when I was 20. My 20 year old self was not as aware of the dangers, and was much more social than I am now.

Songbird76

Serious decision time here. One of my boys can take more classes if he's homeschooled next year including one advanced class which our district doesn't offer. HELP!!!!!!
What does he want to do? And is the advanced class something he needs for his future career? Would you be able to teach/help with the advanced class material? And what would you do after that one year? Would he be better off in the long run for having those extra classes, or would it be just for the sake of having those classes?

Songbird76

Our curriculum director has been planning a trip with her family to Disney this June. She has been to WDW before but many years ago, Animal Kingdom wasn't open the last time she went. She did talk to me at various stages, she has not however taken all my suggestions so it should be interesting to hear how things go. Anyway, we talked again on Monday and I got these tidbits from her...

1. The travel agent she booked with quit her agency and right at fast pass booking time she was assigned a new agent. The agent she was assigned has been to WDW once about 15 years ago and didn't really know much about fast passes! :jawdrop: I suggested an agency that I have used a couple times (they booked my cruises and a stay at WDW) that specializes in WDW and there are no fees. So had she gone with my suggestion she would have had oodles of fast pass help.

2. She didn't know anything about rider swap with kids, so I had to fill her in on that. That probably would have changed her fast passes up. I have offered to look at her itinerary and make suggestions. She said she might, meaning she probably won't.

4. And the best....They leave on June 30th, late in the day so they plan to go to Toy Storyland on opening day. :eek: I mentioned that they might want to get there especially early that day (I relayed stories I heard about the opening of Pandora last year and what we saw on the opening of Frozen) she looked at me like I was crazy. Granted she said they had a fast pass for something in the land that day but still I think that is going to be crazy to go opening day. I hope for her sake I'm wrong.
Oh my....does she really not realize the extent of your Disney knowledge?? I'm betting it's going to be an eye-opener when she gets there. Disney isn't the way it used to be, where you could just show up with no plans. I think we kind of ran into that in 2010 when we went....back when there were paper fastpasses and we didn't know what they were, but we were with friends who lived in Kissimmee and were Disney regulars, so it was ok. But I realized I needed to plan better the next time. I'm betting this lady is going to get there and realize Disney of today is a horse of a different color and she'll wish she had listened to you.

MinnieM123

Premium Member

Gotta love this! :p (especially the part about going to Toy Storyland on opening day . . . :facepalm: :hilarious: )

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Never had catfish before?!?!?!?! :eek:
Oh my!!! Sympathy like. ;)
You should give I try sometime, I find it very delicious...!!! :hungry:
As far as the tarter sauce goes, some bites with it, some without...the filets (I prefer the spicy ones) are really tasty all on their own...!!! :hungry:
Also, their regular tarter sauce is fine, but I prefer their jalapeño tarter with the kick it has. It's in the little cup in the upper left of this pic...and, yet another... :hungry:!!!!! :hilarious:

View attachment 284304

Gotta be the strangest fish I've ever seen!

1526549028468.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom