The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Ha ha!! I just referenced how “no one cared about our safety” the other day, to @StarWarsGirl I think.

You would like my father.

2 years ago, when T was 6, they took him to a lake house in Tennessee, which is nothing new.. but- I receive this from my son on the second day-

View attachment 283356

Here’s T and my nephew on the tube (although this is not during the time referenced in the text)

View attachment 283357View attachment 283358

Apparently, later on another boat passed them, and my dad thought they would enjoy speeding over the waves.

Well, my son couldn’t hold on at one point, went airborne, flew up and flipped backwards, hitting the back of the tube, and then at that point- went up about 5 feet in the air and landed in the water.
Dad had to turn the boat around and go back to retrieve him.

Oh I was sooo ANGRY after my mother told me that story.

I called my mom and then had her put my dad on the phone so I could yell at him. “You took my son out of town!! You have to keep him safe!! No more tubing without an adult with him!! And don’t drive so fast!”

Father- “If you want to put helmets and pads all over your kid and shield him from fun, fine. You’re his parent. However, I’m his grandfather, and I’m not going to shield him from the same experiences that you were fortunate enough to have. He loved it. I had you on a tube younger than he is now, a much smaller, much less safe (in a sarcastic tone) one that what they make today. Your mother and I raised 3 children and have 5 grandchildren, I think you can trust us with your child. Let the boy have fun on the lake.”

Gotta admit---that really looked like a lot of fun in that tube being dragged by a boat! :hilarious:

MinnieM123

Premium Member

MySmallWorldof4

Very happy to hear that he's o.k. Stuff happens to kids while they're playing.

When I was growing up, one of my brothers practically took up residence in the local hospital's emergency unit. Two of his more "notables" were when he made a "ramp" on the street and drove his bike over it, to be airborne, like a stunt man (at 8 . . .) :facepalm: , lost control, and drove head-first into a tree, and was unconscious.

Another time, he was making a go-cart in the back yard out of old pieces of wood and rusted out nails, that he found in a dump site (and brought home . . . :facepalm: ). Somehow, he fell on top of one of the wooden planks that had nails sticking out--and they ended up with nails in his lower leg---about 12 of them! :eek:
Was your brother an Evel Knievel fan! by chance? I had the wind up motorcycle and had it go over little ramps I made. I never wanted to venture and make a full fledged one. I was one of those kids that just wouldn’t do something if I knew there was a chance to get really hurt.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Was your brother an Evel Knievel fan! by chance? I had the wind up motorcycle and had it go over little ramps I made. I never wanted to venture and make a full fledged one. I was one of those kids that just wouldn’t do something if I knew there was a chance to get really hurt.

I don't recall if he was. For all I know he probably saw some stunt in tv show and tried to duplicate it. :facepalm: He just had a wild streak in him all his life. (My other brother was the opposite--very reserved.)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom