The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Figgy1

Premium Member
We keep our house pretty cool in the winter and fairly warm in the summer. We have a horrifically inefficient system because all our air vent covers are broken and we haven't replaced them, so we basically heat and cool based on the kid's room. Which is on the top floor so it needs to be heated way less than the rest of the house. We just wear hoodies and slippers, and keep our house around 63. If we went down to 58 my husband would need a full blown snow suit, LOL
The like is wearing a snowsuit when it's 58:happy:

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
That's not bad considering everything you have going on:inlove: We miss you but also understand how busy you are, just check in when you can xoxo

Last week was pretty easy, so of course I added things to my life to make it difficult, LOL. So now I have school (week one went really well! 99.8 on my first graded assignment but only 91.5 on my first test... I was distractedly angry at my husband and could have done better, LOL), we're remodeling our entry closet into a drop zone, my husband is on a two week business trip, and I've volunteered to help in an upcoming Honor Ride event for veterans. Plus ballet, walking in a parade this weekend for a dog rescue, ballet pictures, the Armed Forces Day luncheon tomorrow. I do this to myself :banghead::banghead:

Plus wrapping up two large projects at work!!

Cesar R M

mIFZt8V.jpg

21stamps

Last week was pretty easy, so of course I added things to my life to make it difficult, LOL. So now I have school (week one went really well! 99.8 on my first graded assignment but only 91.5 on my first test... I was distractedly angry at my husband and could have done better, LOL), we're remodeling our entry closet into a drop zone, my husband is on a two week business trip, and I've volunteered to help in an upcoming Honor Ride event for veterans. Plus ballet, walking in a parade this weekend for a dog rescue, ballet pictures, the Armed Forces Day luncheon tomorrow. I do this to myself :banghead::banghead:

Plus wrapping up two large projects at work!!
Good job!!
A full schedule keeps you on your toes ;) sounds like an exciting week! Any word on the Veterans Museum?

21stamps

We bought it to play Schnopperation (every time you hit the buzzer you take a shot of Schnopps) but it was too easy and nobody ended up drinking :(
I would have been drinking..The stupid wish bone always gets me. :(

I threw a Jenga in the car for a camping trip 2 years ago.. took it out and realized that I brought the “drinking Jenga (homemade) edition”, for me and T. OOPS.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
We all make choices about what is right for us. You're comfortable with your approach, and certainly entitled to your own opinion. Me, on the other hand, will support any parent's decision to limit specific information about their children on any public forum.

Frankly, until recently, I never gave it too much thought before (I don't have kids). I've enjoyed all the funny stories about people's kids, photos, etc, posted on here. But, it is a new world now, in the sense that the internet opens the door to both good and bad experiences. (When you and I were growing up, the internet was there, but hadn't entered the "mainstream" American life.) To me, in today's world, I can understand why many parents are taking a more current review of precautions, for their kids. I'm sure the precautions vary from parent to parent, and all do what they think is best in their own situation.

As a parent, you have to make decisions about what information you put out there and what information you don't. For example, I love our daycare, but I'm not going to give it a five star rating on Facebook until after my daughter has grown out of the center, because I don't want people to see it and know she's there. @21stamps you mentioned that your facebook is private, and that's a really good step, but your current profile picture will never be private. I share pictures on here too, but I'm careful not to share a photo here that I'm using as a profile photo (which was REALLY tricky during our trip report, LOL). I don't particularly think it's possible for children in today's day and age to grow up without an online presence, so I just do the best I can to protect what I share, and only share things that won't embarrass her if she finds it in fifteen years.

Online, as in all other areas of parenting, we're just doing our best to navigate strange waters.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
Good job!!
A full schedule keeps you on your toes ;) sounds like an exciting week! Any word on the Veterans Museum?

Also, I don't want to be on my toes,.... I want to be on my bed... sleeping.... :hilarious::hilarious::cry::cry:

I went ahead and renewed our zoo membership, mostly because T whined when I told him that I wasn’t.. “Mom, how will I watch Fiona grow?!”

Columbus and Cincy don’t have reciprocity, but you guys should spend the night in Cincy and do the zoo while you are here for KI. A would probably love Fiona!!

We might go down there for the zoo one of these days, but I try to stay overnight places with A as little as possible. Except camping. When we're in a hotel we bed share, so she gets nice restful sleep and I wake up bruised and battered and exhausted.

21stamps

Also, I don't want to be on my toes,.... I want to be on my bed... sleeping.... :hilarious::hilarious::cry::cry:

We might go down there for the zoo one of these days, but I try to stay overnight places with A as little as possible. Except camping. When we're in a hotel we bed share, so she gets nice restful sleep and I wake up bruised and battered and exhausted.

There’s a ton of camping here, just sayin’. ;)

The nice thing is, you could totally drive to the Cincy Zoo for a day trip.. we’ve gone to Columbus for just the day before. Leave early morning and drive back in the evening.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom