The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

21stamps

I’m waiting on the email to tell me that soccer practice is cancelled. I can’t imagine the fields being open today. :(

We have a baseball game on Saturday.
So far have only had ONE practice.

Soccer game on Sunday. Last 4 practices and tournament were cancelled.

This stinks!

I think next year I may talk to the baseball coach and parents and see if everyone would like to chip in and rent an indoor space to practice, at least for the first month. Our athletic club won’t cover it, but I do know a few people who’s kids play on teams where the team itself pays. I think that’s a good idea. This is our FIRST year of Kid Pitch, and we don’t even have pitchers picked out yet. I don’t even think all of the kids know how the strike zone has changed this year. If we do play on Saturday, it’s going to be one heck of a hot mess. Hopefully our competitor will be just as much of a mess. ;) I’m thinking the first game is going to be extraordinarily painful to watch...I suspect it will be a lonnnggg game.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
70's? We are supposed to get only to 55. I don't see a 70 degree day in our future forecast until May! All 40's and low-mid 50's all week. Lucky you! Maybe all the Robins that are here should have flown to Ohio. :oops:They all look quite confused. Lucky for them we have filled the bird feeders.;)

40s today to melt the snow, 40s tomorrow, then back to 40s. Just a freak warm day filled with thunderstorms, but I'll take it!

StarWarsGirl

I have finally solved a work mystery...

For the longest time, I've gotten people who call my phone, whose names I don't recognize, who call, and then before I can pick it up, they hang up. I always wondered why.

Maintenance gave me their extension today. It's almost the same as my number, except the middle two digits are flipped.

So people would dial my number accidentally, realize they'd gotten it wrong when my name popped up on their phone screen, and then would immediately hang up. 🤣😂

MySmallWorldof4

I’m waiting on the email to tell me that soccer practice is cancelled. I can’t imagine the fields being open today. :(

We have a baseball game on Saturday.
So far have only had ONE practice.

Soccer game on Sunday. Last 4 practices and tournament were cancelled.

This stinks!

I think next year I may talk to the baseball coach and parents and see if everyone would like to chip in and rent an indoor space to practice, at least for the first month. Our athletic club won’t cover it, but I do know a few people who’s kids play on teams where the team itself pays. I think that’s a good idea. This is our FIRST year of Kid Pitch, and we don’t even have pitchers picked out yet. I don’t even think all of the kids know how the strike zone has changed this year. If we do play on Saturday, it’s going to be one heck of a hot mess. Hopefully our competitor will be just as much of a mess. ;) I’m thinking the first game is going to be extraordinarily painful to watch...I suspect it will be a lonnnggg game.
I am sure the other team won't be prepared either if they are all the same age. They probably couldn't practice either.

Cesar R M

I have finally solved a work mystery...

For the longest time, I've gotten people who call my phone, whose names I don't recognize, who call, and then before I can pick it up, they hang up. I always wondered why.

Maintenance gave me their extension today. It's almost the same as my number, except the middle two digits are flipped.

So people would dial my number accidentally, realize they'd gotten it wrong when my name popped up on their phone screen, and then would immediately hang up. 🤣😂
oh gods..

sounds kinda nightmarish.

Reminds me the hilarious history of a guy who purchased a new phone line, and he ended with a local pizza hut phone # (before they used the 1800) that went out of business.
The poor guy had to shutdown his phone after receiving nearly 300 calls a day.

Do you mean the drinking water at Yak & Yeti?
Yes.

Last edited:

MySmallWorldof4

oh gods..

sounds kinda nightmarish.

Reminds me the hilarious history of a guy who purchased a new phnoe line, and he ended with a local pizza hut phone # (before they used the 1800) that went out of business.
The poor guy had to shutdown his phone after receiving nearly 300 calls a day.

Yes.
So their cups of water taste more like chlorine than at the other restaurants? Generally the water all over Disney tastes very chlorinish, but I prefer the free water to the expensive bottles. You would think they would put more chlorine filters in their system. We have an extra one in my house. Did it not long after we moved in because the water smelled like chlorine. Now I am wondering if I should just buy a Britta water filter sports bottle and take it to the parks.

Cesar R M

So their cups of water taste more like chlorine than at the other restaurants? Generally the water all over Disney tastes very chlorinish, but I prefer the free water to the expensive bottles. You would think they would put more chlorine filters in their system. We have an extra one in my house. Did it not long after we moved in because the water smelled like chlorine. Now I am wondering if I should just buy a Britta water filter sports bottle and take it to the parks.
Animal Kingdom in general taste way more to chlorine than other hotels I've been and parks.

But Yak and Yeti is definitively the strongest flavor. This is of course ,in my opinion.

Figgy1

I woke up to about 4 inches of compacted snow. We had rain mixed into it. Schools are not delayed or canceled here, so the roads can't be bad. Dh just left and his car didn't seem to have an issue going down the driveway, or driving our unpaved road. It should melt though since it is getting to 47 today. There is a little snowflake in the forecast for Saturday now.:cautious:
Sympathy like

MySmallWorldof4

Sympathy like
The snow is all melted now. Like it never happened. Public schools had today off for Easter. I had forgotten. My kids did school anyway. :p
We got a couple of water bottles with filters at Target a while back just for Disney water
I will probably do that. The BPA bottles and the ones made from plants actually leach chemicals into the water. Better off with glass, but they are so heavy. Hard to win. :cautious:

Figgy1

The snow is all melted now. Like it never happened. Public schools had today off for Easter. I had forgotten. My kids did school anyway. :p

I will probably do that. The BPA bottles and the ones made from plants actually leach chemicals into the water. Better off with glass, but they are so heavy. Hard to win. :cautious:
The ones we got are BPA free just keep an eye out when you're shopping.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom