The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

FutureCEO

I’m waiting on the email to tell me that soccer practice is cancelled. I can’t imagine the fields being open today. :(

We have a baseball game on Saturday.
So far have only had ONE practice.

Soccer game on Sunday. Last 4 practices and tournament were cancelled.

This stinks!

I think next year I may talk to the baseball coach and parents and see if everyone would like to chip in and rent an indoor space to practice, at least for the first month. Our athletic club won’t cover it, but I do know a few people who’s kids play on teams where the team itself pays. I think that’s a good idea. This is our FIRST year of Kid Pitch, and we don’t even have pitchers picked out yet. I don’t even think all of the kids know how the strike zone has changed this year. If we do play on Saturday, it’s going to be one heck of a hot mess. Hopefully our competitor will be just as much of a mess. ;) I’m thinking the first game is going to be extraordinarily painful to watch...I suspect it will be a lonnnggg game.

It's only a kids game. They don't really want the practice, just go out and have fun.

21stamps

The like is because you are happy. Is it indoors or out? I hope it is indoors. It is so cold out.
It’s outdoors... he has good ColdGear leggings and shirt to wear under his practice uniform. He’s wearing a second long sleeve shirt over the UA as well. I also told him to pull his socks all the way up (they reach mid thigh that way).

It’s cold.. but I remember playing Fall tournaments in the snow.. sucks, but they need the practice!

21stamps

It's only a kids game. They don't really want the practice, just go out and have fun.

Sorry, but Negative on this.lol. I’m already well over a grand in and we’ve only had two outdoor practices and 0 games due to 2 being cancelled a couple week ago. Season ends in May. I’d like him to actually train and take advantage of the coaching that supposedly comes along with this team.

21stamps

I sound like a horrible mom. 😂😂

I swear that I’m not!! We’re just already missing one day a week of soccer practice due to baseball conflicts.. (hopefully that won’t hurt him on the next round of tryouts in June.)
These outdoor practices are the first time his team has been practicing in a unit, with his head coach. The more field time T has, the more confident he becomes. I practice with him a lot.. but it’s not a substitute for team play. They really do need to practice together at this age.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
I sound like a horrible mom. 😂😂

I swear that I’m not!! We’re just already missing one day a week of soccer practice due to baseball conflicts.. (hopefully that won’t hurt him on the next round of tryouts in June.)
These outdoor practices are the first time his team has been practicing in a unit, with his head coach. The more field time T has, the more confident he becomes. I practice with him a lot.. but it’s not a substitute for team play. They really do need to practice together at this age.

I don't think you sound horrible at all :inlove::inlove: but there's no controlling the weather!! Trust me, I've tried :hilarious::hilarious:

21stamps

I don't think you sound horrible at all :inlove::inlove: but there's no controlling the weather!! Trust me, I've tried :hilarious::hilarious:

Ha ha thanks! I know.. I’ve tried too, never works. 🤦‍♀️

So here’s something awesome.. another baseball team parent was one step ahead of me! I sent a group message to 3 families and asked if they wanted to get together tomorrow if there was a break in the rain and practice was cancelled, to at least have our boys practice pitching and hitting..

Here’s the reply I got-

520CD9FE-4089-49BF-9F6A-2267FDD27EC6.jpeg

Good to know that I’m not the only crazy parent! 😂

wdwfan4ver

I woke up to about 4 inches of compacted snow. We had rain mixed into it. Schools are not delayed or canceled here, so the roads can't be bad.
I'm sure the northern part of the State I live is going to have bad roads tomorrow with them being slippery. I'm sure school will be canceled up there since there are small villages without any schools. The only way for those kids go to school is by bus/parent dropoff or being homeschooled.

Starting tonight, there will be 8 to 12 inches with a chance of it snowing through 6 in the morning on Wednesday. The winds at some points of this snow storm with be up to 26 miles per hour.

21stamps

I'm sure the northern part of the State I live is going to have bad roads tomorrow with them being slippery. I'm sure school will be canceled up there since there are small villages without any schools. The only way for those kids go to school is by bus/parent dropoff or being homeschooled.

Starting tonight, there will be 8 to 12 inches with a chance of it snowing through 6 in the morning on Wednesday. The winds at some points of this snow storm with be up to 26 miles per hour.
Oh that’s sounds horrible!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom