The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Easter Feaster at mom and pops...!!!!!!! :joyfull:

For appetizers, spicy black bean hummus, salmon spread, French onion dip, crackers and veggies...!!! :hungry:
For meats, there was smoked lamb, brisket, and sausage, and roasted pork tenderloin.
Sides were coleslaw, tater salad, broccoli salad, and corn.
I can't remember all the deserts, but, I opted for the Dutch Oven peach cobbler that pop did in his smoker...!!!!! :hungry:

View attachment 274367
View attachment 274369
View attachment 274370
View attachment 274371
View attachment 274372
View attachment 274381
View attachment 274382
View attachment 274383
View attachment 274384
View attachment 274386

Family Feaster Fun...!!!!!!!!!!! :hungry::joyfull:

OMG!!! This spread even outdoes others from the past! Holy cow, your parents add a whole new dimension to family dinners!! :jawdrop: :hungry: :happy: (Drooling over my keyboard here . . .)

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
I had to double take, because almost looked like Strawberry tamales.
FeZZE1z.jpg

I didn't know this was a thing, but i definitely need strawberry tamales now!!

Figgy1

Ok, it’s Easter.. and I should be following Jesus’ footsteps.. but.. I’m going to rant.

Remember the woman who bought her son all of the gear that I said T wanted, and called T’s soccer coach, etc etc etc?

Well I was just scrolling thru my newsfeed liking everyone’s Easter and Passover photos.. annnnnndddd.. I come across her’s.. photo of her son “(name’s) new soccer sandals!”

O. M. G.

Literally 2 weeks ago, during the same jersey convo, I mentioned that T needed new soccer sandals.. she asked what a soccer sandal was.. I told her. Then I joked that I was sad that T wanted Under Armour sandals, bc I don’t think UA belongs in soccer, I don’t want them stepping on Nike and even more so- hurting Adidas more than they are.

So guess what sandals are in his Easter basket???

If you guessed UA soccer sandals, you’d be correct.

This is so ridiculous!!!!!
I'm immature so I'd start talking about something the boys wouldn't like and how T is so excited about it and you can't wait to get it for his birthday. And then see if she gets that thing, lol
I was going to say just stay clear of her but I'm now leaning towards @dryerlintfan's idea.

Figgy1

One can never have enough Star Wars...well, maybe The Last Jedi.
T received a copy of The Last Jedi in his Easter basket.. we just got home, changed into pjs.. and about to start watching it. I’m excited to see it again!
I miss the days of Easter basket excitement. Now it's just one basket a couple of movies, a single candy for each of the guys and it's lined with a small piece of spring fabric for me. That being said one of the movies was TLJ. The boys saw it in the theater and I saw it for the first time last night. I may have to watch it again this week to see how I feel about it.

MySmallWorldof4

Easter Feaster at mom and pops...!!!!!!! :joyfull:

For appetizers, spicy black bean hummus, salmon spread, French onion dip, crackers and veggies...!!! :hungry:
For meats, there was smoked lamb, brisket, and sausage, and roasted pork tenderloin.
Sides were coleslaw, tater salad, broccoli salad, and corn.
I can't remember all the deserts, but, I opted for the Dutch Oven peach cobbler that pop did in his smoker...!!!!! :hungry:

View attachment 274367
View attachment 274369
View attachment 274370
View attachment 274371
View attachment 274372
View attachment 274381
View attachment 274382
View attachment 274383
View attachment 274384
View attachment 274386

Family Feaster Fun...!!!!!!!!!!! :hungry::joyfull:
Your mom really knows how to feed people. You may have answered this, but is your dd's upcoming little bundle the first great grandchild?

MySmallWorldof4

And it's snowing! :grumpy:
I woke up to about 4 inches of compacted snow. We had rain mixed into it. Schools are not delayed or canceled here, so the roads can't be bad. Dh just left and his car didn't seem to have an issue going down the driveway, or driving our unpaved road. It should melt though since it is getting to 47 today. There is a little snowflake in the forecast for Saturday now.:cautious:

MySmallWorldof4

I tend to favor Yak and Yeti myself.

Havent had a full dinner/lunch on Flame Tree thou.. (only passing by to check the offers)
Yak and yeti has several veggie options and unfiltered saki:hungry::hungry::hungry:
I am now considering Satuli Canteen also. I think we will decide on that day. I will let ds decide since he is the pickiest. We have done Yak & Yeti and have the Landry's "seat me now" pass. We get the AP discount there too, but we get that at Flame Tree as well. I guess we will play it by ear. But yet again, I CANNOT BELIEVE IT IS SNOWING!!!!!:banghead::banghead:

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
I woke up to about 4 inches of compacted snow. We had rain mixed into it. Schools are not delayed or canceled here, so the roads can't be bad. Dh just left and his car didn't seem to have an issue going down the driveway, or driving our unpaved road. It should melt though since it is getting to 47 today. There is a little snowflake in the forecast for Saturday now.:cautious:

We had about 3 inches of powdery snow on the car this morning. The roads were all clear though, and it's supposed to be 50* later today. And in the seventies tomorrow!!

My trees started flowering over the weekend. I guess that sight of Spring was just Ohio's April Fools joke on us :cautious::cautious:

MySmallWorldof4

We had about 3 inches of powdery snow on the car this morning. The roads were all clear though, and it's supposed to be 50* later today. And in the seventies tomorrow!!

My trees started flowering over the weekend. I guess that sight of Spring was just Ohio's April Fools joke on us :cautious::cautious:
70's? We are supposed to get only to 55. I don't see a 70 degree day in our future forecast until May! All 40's and low-mid 50's all week. Lucky you! Maybe all the Robins that are here should have flown to Ohio. :oops:They all look quite confused. Lucky for them we have filled the bird feeders.;)

93boomer

Good morning! We had a wonderful weekend at our DD and SIL’s! We went out Saturday night for dinner. It was awesome! I had the Parmesan crusted chicken with green beans and mashed potatoes. Ohh my!! DH had the pecan crusted fish. He loved it.
On Sunday we stopped by the NC Zoo on the way home. We saw lots of animals. 2968D856-38ED-4521-871F-4D4E76AF81D3.jpeg0C9399ED-563E-4112-95B1-F386F36132C8.jpegBD4246D7-6DE4-4D28-9F7B-228687A89A5D.jpeg957FBA34-4D19-4531-AE05-BC102B05E31D.jpegEF7917C6-BD7A-4D23-97A0-CBBA60A17FF3.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom