The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Ugh. :facepalm: No, just no!!

Yeah. And soooo many unsuspecting guests are going to book it. :p Worse if a chunk of bloggers start raving about it. They'd do best to just say nothing if it isn't very good. Websites have a bit more control. They can post the Official Disney Press Releases then link it to the forums and let the members critic the venues. Remain unbiased.

Gabe1

I'm a bit worried about this, since its supposedly very contagious.. and being nearby my grandmah a lot of times isnt helpful.

What worries me is, right before I got hit hard.. I did touch my grandmah a few times (once when she almost fell again) and then when carrying her wheel chair.

I understand that. Poor you. Is there another relative that you send Grandma to stay with until you are well?

Cesar R M

And I am old enough to remember when the tip was built into the disney dining plan, good for my wallet, service well it was pretty spotty there once they found out you were on the dining plan.

But what does concern me is this trend of converting QS venues into a table service. A few places pulled it off OK but unless they kinda gut the venue this one isn't a table service worthy. And what the heck? Disney has never been able to really pull off authentic Italian. One at Epcot (not Disney operated), very mixed reviews about Mommas (I go for the steak because of that) at the Studios and even now the same mixed reviews of the Edison venues after the bloggers had their invite meals.

Great Italian Chef's are not hard to come by. What the heck? My fear for Pinocchio's is what their staff is going to be able to pull off after QS lunch to TS dinner. BOG couldn't pull off TS dinner well or consistently as a TS so now it is going to be a Signature???

th
th
th

I have no doubt. We all have read on the forums here and there that the majority of the mac & cheese at QS and on hotdogs has been Stouffers for years and years. Stoffers has massive industrial trays that school and many hospitals use many of which use Gordon Foods for ordering and delivery of it. It's not like we thought Casey's was custom making the Mac for their gourmet hotdogs.

stouffers-traditional-macaroni-and-cheese-4-76oz-nestle-professional-food-service-380x380.png
Maybe that was the plan all along, many of the restaurants in MK share centralized kitchens. A fine example was liberty three, which went into a full renovation of its kitchen, sort of merging them with the restaurant on the other side.
So perhaps they will just centralize Pinochios's and bring the quick food kitchens on the zone together.

Gabe1

Maybe that was the plan all along, many of the restaurants in MK share centralized kitchens. A fine example was liberty three, which went into a full renovation of its kitchen, sort of merging them with the restaurant on the other side.
So perhaps they will just centralize Pinochios's and bring the quick food kitchens on the zone together.
Honestly would explain the blah of all the Magic Kingdom TS restaurants. Maybe giving guests the alcohol is their end goal. The consolation prize for ick food at MK???? Could explain a great deal with the decades of prohibition on the MK. Good catch Sir!

MinnieM123

Premium Member
There's one similar at the original Schlitterbahn down the road in New Braunfels. As I've posted before, we used to go with the kiddos a lot back in the day.
I used to push of the line, and by the time I got to the last hump I could get enough air to get above the side walls...!!!!!!! :joyfull:

Kinda' like this guy, but, higher...!!!

View attachment 267205
View attachment 267206

Nope--not for me! :eek: (You were quite the daredevil. ;) )

Songbird76

Android is too confusing for me. I’ve always been a Mac fan, and joined the iPhone craze from the initial release (camped out for it, and then for every one after.)

At that time I was still a huge Blackberry fan too, and had to keep one for work. But I’ve been exclusively Apple for the last 6 years.

Android is an entire different animal though, I almost jumped on the bandwagon when the S5 came out and a lot of people switched, but when looking/playing with their phones I knew they were too complicated for me. :hilarious:
It's so interesting to me...the mac is what is so confusing to me. So not user friendly! I had a mac in my classroom when I was student teaching and when I was teaching music, and I hated that thing. I could only do what they taught us to do and couldn't figure out how to do anything else. So I'm also an Android girl.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
Ha! You could start blogging and have them be your paid sponsor. We went summer 2016. It was a rainy day so we ended up only getting about 2 hours ride time. I have Thursdays off so I was hoping to try and go some Thursday this summer to limit our wait times.

We have day tickets and i was planning on doing the same. Taking a weekday off work to avoid the crowds. Hoping to go a few days at least before our Disney fastpass window opens up so i know what kinds of rides i can push!

Songbird76

I know. I love Lady and the Tramp. My kids were actually watching it yesterday. I would love to go back to Tony's, but the food is sub-par Italian. I don't know how you can cook bad Italian, but apparently there is a way. You would think that the higher ups would read the reviews of the restaurants and try and make some improvements. It is a shame because it is so pretty in there.
Yeah, it really wasn't good. And that was one we only did because we LOVE Lady and the Tramp. But we had an ADR and even with it, we had quite a wait and then they shoved us into a back corner where we could see the staff by the bussing station and see them all goofing around while we were waiting for service, and we were right next to an outlet, so people kept coming over to our table to plug their phones in or to pick them back up before leaving the restaurant, it was FREEZING in there (I heard someone in the bathroom complaining about it, and DH heard someone complaining to a manager, so I know it wasn't just us) and the food was just meh. DD LOVES spaghetti...it's one of her favorites...she wouldn't even eat it. There was no flavor. If they would put some TLC into it, it could be a great place. We loved it when we went there on our honeymoon, but that was in 2001.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Feeling the need for a Target run this weekend.

It's a rare day if I ever go to a movie theater--once people thought it was o.k. to talk on their phones, or keep checking them with bright screens--sitting in the row in front of you :rolleyes: , I just stopped going.

Have found that purchasing the movies I want (which aren't many to begin with) at Target prices, I figure that if both hubs and I watch it, it still costs less than actually going to the theater and buying tickets. Plus, you can pause the film if you need to take a break, or go to the kichen to get more Cheetos. :p Win-win. ;)

Figgy1

Premium Member
Yeah, it really wasn't good. And that was one we only did because we LOVE Lady and the Tramp. But we had an ADR and even with it, we had quite a wait and then they shoved us into a back corner where we could see the staff by the bussing station and see them all goofing around while we were waiting for service, and we were right next to an outlet, so people kept coming over to our table to plug their phones in or to pick them back up before leaving the restaurant, it was FREEZING in there (I heard someone in the bathroom complaining about it, and DH heard someone complaining to a manager, so I know it wasn't just us) and the food was just meh. DD LOVES spaghetti...it's one of her favorites...she wouldn't even eat it. There was no flavor. If they would put some TLC into it, it could be a great place. We loved it when we went there on our honeymoon, but that was in 2001.
I can't even remember the last time I ate there and I think the last time I even walked into the place was 2011ish. Even that was to get Tramp's autograph. Back then you gave the autograph book to the host/ess and they came back with a stamp.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom