The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

donaldtoo

I don't know why, but the face down ones (your 2nd photo) freak me out. I never did the one at the water parks as WDW either. Maybe I feel more in control if I'm sitting up.

There's one similar at the original Schlitterbahn down the road in New Braunfels. As I've posted before, we used to go with the kiddos a lot back in the day.
I used to push of the line, and by the time I got to the last hump I could get enough air to get above the side walls...!!!!!!! :joyfull:

Kinda' like this guy, but, higher...!!!

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

21stamps

Not only is the animation spectacular, the story was so well developed. It is a shame it did not do better at the box office.

I wasn’t even aware that it didn’t do well! I’m surprised! We loved it, and pretty much everyone I know also went to see it and loved it as well.

That’s disappointing to hear.

I was so busy today, was at the office til 8:30pm. I’ll definitely go buy it tomorrow.

21stamps

There's one similar at the original Schlitterbahn down the road in New Braunfels. As I've posted before, we used to go with the kiddos a lot back in the day.
I used to push of the line, and by the time I got to the last hump I could get enough air to get above the side walls...!!!!!!! :joyfull:

Kinda' like this guy, but, higher...!!!

View attachment 267205
View attachment 267206

That looks so fun!

The following photo is our only forward facing slide at the water park we frequent most, I wish we had one that “jumped”

9005FE51-4027-4D2D-B7B6-C3624527A4A1.jpeg

These 2 are our favorites. Kiddo waited impatiently to hit 48” for them. He was on cloud 9 once he did!

CA1E3B43-4A44-4F3D-85A1-5ED6A156EE81.jpegAA3E6189-9FE4-4F08-95B4-7AA6F5BF8B71.jpeg

donaldtoo

I find that with the Olympics coverage, I've been watching all kinds of things that I normally would not bother with. Haven't watched curling, but have enjoyed things like snowboarding, speed skating and biathlon. (I also watch my regular favorites like figure skating, bobsleds, and Giant Slalom and Super G downhill skiing at breakneck speeds!!)

Unfortunately, I didn't watch much of the Olympics this year, but, I remember being comepletely and totally impressed with those downhill skiers during the '76 Olympics in Innsbruck, Austria, especially Franz Klammer's beyond amazing gold medal victory run...!!!!!!! :joyfull:

Couldn't find a short English version, for some reason... :cyclops:

donaldtoo

That looks so fun!

The following photo is our only forward facing slide at the water park we frequent most, I wish we had one that “jumped”

View attachment 267207

These 2 are our favorites. Kiddo waited impatiently to hit 48” for them. He was on cloud 9 once he did!

View attachment 267208View attachment 267209

That looks awesome!!! 😃

The first Schlitterbahn opened in '79.
They now have various parks. The one in New Braunfells (the first) has an east and a west section that you shuttle back and forth to and from.
They introduced the first water coaster technology...Dragon Blaster, then Master Blaster.
'Smore pics...! 😉

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

And, it's part resort, too...!

image.jpeg

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
And why does this not surprise me...at all. PUSH's ancestry :joyfull:

DXFuekpXUAAPynR.jpg

Walt Disney trying to convince local teenager to crawl into garbage can and play interactive trash can (1955)

twitter photo not claimed

donaldtoo

Bingo--I think if you're introduced to water parks as a kid, you're probably less skittish. When I was a kid during the winter, we'd sled down streets and hills, but the difference was that you'd steer the sled with your hands; so going face first down the incline was fun, but not scary. I just can't do it on a water mat.

We never had modern water parks when I was a kiddo, but, as soon as we got them, I did it all...but, maybe my face has never been that important to me...!!!!! :hilarious: 😉

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom