The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

21stamps

That looks awesome!!! 😃

The first Schlitterbahn opened in '79.
They now have various parks. The one in New Braunfells (the first) has an east and a west section that you shuttle back and forth to and from.
They introduced the first water coaster technology...Dragon Blaster, then Master Blaster.
'Smore pics...! 😉

View attachment 267210
View attachment 267212

And, it's part resort, too...!

View attachment 267211

Wow.. so cool that the resort is right there!! I’m going to have to check if this place is close enough for a long weekend road trip.

The only water coaster we have been on is at Great Wolf Lodge (bad photo below). We just kept going on over and over.. we got up early and literally rushed straight to that slide to beat the crowds.lol.

B6B6DCD1-1503-479C-A89D-C6042253BAEB.jpeg

The slides going outside was really only neat- from the outside ha ha. You couldn’t tell you were outdoors when on them.

5E5E9323-A0C2-4840-B39D-212CFA38430F.jpeg

Super Bonus- It’s next to our favorite amusement park. :)

D97EA47D-11A4-4DE9-B411-26E97E228755.jpeg

Here’s the first time kiddo went on the Pipeline Paradise.. he had just turned 5 years old.

Poor guy wiped out so hard!!!!! The water flipped him around more times than I could count. However, the crowd all cheered for him and gave him high fives when he came out.. I think it saved him from crying. He went right back to do it again!

CD4DD80B-6A95-451C-95F5-2B4B8F9BFC5F.png

Can you see him?
ABFD2866-430B-4B09-BBB2-243D5B716452.png

Sillysidewalker

Wow.. so cool that the resort is right there!! I’m going to have to check if this place is close enough for a long weekend road trip.

The only water coaster we have been on is at Great Wolf Lodge (bad photo below). We just kept going on over and over.. we got up early and literally rushed straight to that slide to beat the crowds.lol.

View attachment 267214

The slides going outside was really only neat- from the outside ha ha. You couldn’t tell you were outdoors when on them.

View attachment 267215

View attachment 267216

Here’s the first time kiddo went on the Pipeline Paradise.. he had just turned 5 years old.

Poor guy wiped out so hard!!!!! The water flipped him around more times than I could count. However, the crowd all cheered for him and gave him high fives when he came out.. I think it saved him from crying. He went right back to do it again!

View attachment 267217

Can you see him?
View attachment 267218

Where is the pipeline? We need to make a KI trip this summer and we are just venturing into water parks.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
How to know when your RiverWalk is actually receding and coming closer to not being one in the same with the river????

When the 2 geese are standing on the RiverWalkway (which gives the illusion that they are standing on water)
and you can now see half of their legs! Funny by day, kinda creepity by night.

donaldtoo

View attachment 267214

View attachment 267215

View attachment 267216

View attachment 267217

Can you see him?
View attachment 267218

There is a GWL in Grapevine, Texas just north of the Dallas/Fort Worth area. Have never been, but, those places look pretty awesome...!!!

Cool!
Besides Schlitterbahn, we have SeaWorld San Antonio and Six Flags Fiesta Texas down the road!
Sorry the little dude had a bit of a rough ride!
It's been years since I've been on it, but, I did OK when I was! That's also another technology that was introduced at Schlitterbahn...!
Ohhh, the Schlitterbahn memories...!!!!!!! :joyfull:

Go to History and just past the first pic...! 😉

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wave_Loch

Gabe1

That looks awesome!!! 😃

The first Schlitterbahn opened in '79.
They now have various parks. The one in New Braunfells (the first) has an east and a west section that you shuttle back and forth to and from.
They introduced the first water coaster technology...Dragon Blaster, then Master Blaster.
'Smore pics...! 😉

View attachment 267210
View attachment 267212

And, it's part resort, too...!

View attachment 267211

A nice park. But....given most of us have waterparks what I want that Texas and a few other places have but we
do not....

GuadalupeRiverTubingHorseshoeLoopCanyonLakeTxTubeHaus.jpg

Tubing-float-Comal-River-New-Braunfels-Comal-Tubes_113742.jpg

21stamps

There is a GWL in Grapevine, Texas just north of the Dallas/Fort Worth area. Have never been, but, those places look pretty awesome...!!!

Cool!
Besides Schlitterbahn, we have SeaWorld San Antonio and Six Flags Fiesta Texas down the road!
Sorry the little dude had a bit of a rough ride!
It's been years since I've been on it, but, I did OK when I was! That's also another technology that was introduced at Schlitterbahn...!
Ohhh, the Schlitterbahn memories...!!!!!!! :joyfull:

Go to History and just past the first pic...! 😉

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wave_Loch

GWL was amazing.. especially their interactive ‘MagiQuest’ game. I’m hoping that we can go back during Slring Break again this year, but I think sports may prevent that. Definitely recommend a visit :)

Thanks for posting the Wikipedia link. That was really interesting, I had no idea. Why don’t we have a FlowBarrel in America?!?!? Or at least not close to me! I would be there in a heartbeat.

Sounds like you have great memories at a great park! :)

Gabe1

I rarely use foil anymore. Aluminum may be a contributing factor in Alzheimer's and cancer, so I don't want it touching my food.

I grew up with aluminum cans and plastic lined steel cans. If found to be true the damage is done.

When we moved out here we moved to a city well water system. Never drank the stuff, never cooked with the stuff. We have long ago gone into a consortium for non-well water. Amen. Still some of these buildings are older than dirt including my DD apartment building. Remember lead pipes? Well I have little doubt.
0081720601134_A
th

Gabe1

My daughter's school is actually having a Dr. Suess week!! Just like you all said would happen! Yesterday they listed out who does and who does not like green eggs and ham (i removed the names, but A was on the no list!)
View attachment 267049

Awe. :inlove: Warms my heart that her teaching staff too does Dr Seuss!!!

What a year for your DD, Disney and Doc Seuss! *smiley green face*

Gabe1

It baffles me at every Italian restaurant, you can easily get a box of pasta on sale for $1 (.81 Euros) but they charge crazy amounts for it especially Disney. Of course other ingredients go in it (like seafood) but it cost enough where waiters shouldn't have to rely on tips.

And I am old enough to remember when the tip was built into the disney dining plan, good for my wallet, service well it was pretty spotty there once they found out you were on the dining plan.

But what does concern me is this trend of converting QS venues into a table service. A few places pulled it off OK but unless they kinda gut the venue this one isn't a table service worthy. And what the heck? Disney has never been able to really pull off authentic Italian. One at Epcot (not Disney operated), very mixed reviews about Mommas (I go for the steak because of that) at the Studios and even now the same mixed reviews of the Edison venues after the bloggers had their invite meals.

Great Italian Chef's are not hard to come by. What the heck? My fear for Pinocchio's is what their staff is going to be able to pull off after QS lunch to TS dinner. BOG couldn't pull off TS dinner well or consistently as a TS so now it is going to be a Signature???

th
th
th

I have no doubt. We all have read on the forums here and there that the majority of the mac & cheese at QS and on hotdogs has been Stouffers for years and years. Stoffers has massive industrial trays that school and many hospitals use many of which use Gordon Foods for ordering and delivery of it. It's not like we thought Casey's was custom making the Mac for their gourmet hotdogs.

stouffers-traditional-macaroni-and-cheese-4-76oz-nestle-professional-food-service-380x380.png

Sillysidewalker

@Sillysidewalker , when is the last time you’ve been to KI? They’ve added quite a few rides to Planet Snoopy in the last couple of years, and also a petting zoo.

Soak City is also great for all ages.. they’ve added a few more kiddie areas, as well as the new drop slide/tube slide platform.

Seriously, I should be on Kings Island’s marketing payroll. ;)

Ha! You could start blogging and have them be your paid sponsor. We went summer 2016. It was a rainy day so we ended up only getting about 2 hours ride time. I have Thursdays off so I was hoping to try and go some Thursday this summer to limit our wait times.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom