The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MySmallWorldof4

Unfortunately, I didn't watch much of the Olympics this year, but, I remember being comepletely and totally impressed with those downhill skiers during the '76 Olympics in Innsbruck, Austria, especially Franz Klammer's beyond amazing gold medal victory run...!!!!!!! :joyfull:

Couldn't find a short English version, for some reason... :cyclops:

I remember the great Franz Klammer. I saw him ski in other races later on since I don't remember watching skiing in that Olympics. I have vague memories of seeing Dorothy Hamil skating as I was just 5 for that one. I remember the summer one more with the great Romanian gymnastic team. I wanted to be a gymnast, so mom sent me for ballet lessons. Yeah, that's the same. :oops:

MySmallWorldof4

There is a GWL in Grapevine, Texas just north of the Dallas/Fort Worth area. Have never been, but, those places look pretty awesome...!!!

Cool!
Besides Schlitterbahn, we have SeaWorld San Antonio and Six Flags Fiesta Texas down the road!
Sorry the little dude had a bit of a rough ride!
It's been years since I've been on it, but, I did OK when I was! That's also another technology that was introduced at Schlitterbahn...!
Ohhh, the Schlitterbahn memories...!!!!!!! :joyfull:

Go to History and just past the first pic...! 😉

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wave_Loch
Travel channel did a show about Schlitterbahn over 10 years ago. I remember thinking that was the coolest water park ever. I was sad that it was all the way in Texas. Too far for a drive.:(

MOXOMUMD

This is your fault:
View attachment 267172
View attachment 267173

And she somehow still has sixty something dollars left of birthday money :bored:

Side note: they don't have the same prices in store as they do online but they will price match. But every single item that needs to be price matched needs the manager ID re-entered :cry:
I have a Snow White animator doll. They were on sale for $8 a few years ago so I snapped it up.

Last edited:

MySmallWorldof4

Yeah. And soooo many unsuspecting guests are going to book it. :p Worse if a chunk of bloggers start raving about it. They'd do best to just say nothing if it isn't very good. Websites have a bit more control. They can post the Official Disney Press Releases then link it to the forums and let the members critic the venues. Remain unbiased.
I always go to allears for reviews. I don't trust bloggers.

MySmallWorldof4

hu no, she literally lives with us. my aunt has no time to take care of her and my grandmah is a 100% full time liability.
Maybe wear a mask around her? Littlest dd and I watched a video about the throat yesterday since she was curious. It was made for kids and it showed 2 kids having their tonsils removed. It also had the doctors who were the hosts of the show cough into petri dishes when they were 10 cm away, 50 cm away, and then when they covered their mouths with their arms. The petri dishes looked disgusting after a couple of days, just filled with bacteria, all but the one where their mouths were covered. It taught her a good lesson. Hope you aren't contagious much longer.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
I have a Snow White animator doll. They were on sale for $8 a few years ago so I snapped if up.

They're on "sale" for $20 right now. She's so in love with it though, that I'm sure it was worth it. And she fits the doll clothes A already has, so when it's time for night night Tinkerbell gets to change into pajamas too! I'm worried about the wings not lasting long. I wish they were separate and not sewn into the dress.

MySmallWorldof4

It's so interesting to me...the mac is what is so confusing to me. So not user friendly! I had a mac in my classroom when I was student teaching and when I was teaching music, and I hated that thing. I could only do what they taught us to do and couldn't figure out how to do anything else. So I'm also an Android girl.
I used Macs in college, and had one at home as well. I never had problems with it. I also ended up using PC's afterwards because they were cheaper, and since I was the one paying for them, I went with what fit my wallet better. I had no problem using Androids either. I got the iPhone after having many non Apple phones. I find they are both easy and user friendly. I did want to throw my iPhone during the first day of having it and was slightly regretting it, but the next day I had it all figured out. I did have to help dh who had not and was so frustrated he wanted to return it. He is used to it now also. He would probably switch back to Android, but I really like how I can share long videos with friends and family who have iPhones. I can only send like 15 seconds of video to people who have Androids. I love airdrop as well.

21stamps

Ha! You could start blogging and have them be your paid sponsor. We went summer 2016. It was a rainy day so we ended up only getting about 2 hours ride time. I have Thursdays off so I was hoping to try and go some Thursday this summer to limit our wait times.

Oh so you’ve been there since the newer Planet Snoopy additions.

I would be happy to be paid in Fast Lane Plus passes. ;)

We have day tickets and i was planning on doing the same. Taking a weekday off work to avoid the crowds. Hoping to go a few days at least before our Disney fastpass window opens up so i know what kinds of rides i can push!

I am so excited for you. You better post tons of photos and tell all about it!

I remember the great Franz Klammer. I saw him ski in other races later on since I don't remember watching skiing in that Olympics. I have vague memories of seeing Dorothy Hamil skating as I was just 5 for that one. I remember the summer one more with the great Romanian gymnastic team. I wanted to be a gymnast, so mom sent me for ballet lessons. Yeah, that's the same. :oops:

Oh, good effort Mom. ;)

Did you happen to pick up Leap while you were at the store? I’m urging you to buy it.. you won’t be disappointed! I don’t know why that movie wasn’t as talked about as some others. I never even heard of it until after the DVD came out.

MySmallWorldof4

It's a rare day if I ever go to a movie theater--once people thought it was o.k. to talk on their phones, or keep checking them with bright screens--sitting in the row in front of you :rolleyes: , I just stopped going.

Have found that purchasing the movies I want (which aren't many to begin with) at Target prices, I figure that if both hubs and I watch it, it still costs less than actually going to the theater and buying tickets. Plus, you can pause the film if you need to take a break, or go to the kichen to get more Cheetos. :p Win-win. ;)
That is what I tell the kids. For all of us to go to the movies and get snacks there it can cost close to $100. I can get a dvd for under $24. Coco was $23 with my Target card. No brainer.

MySmallWorldof4

Oh so you’ve been there since the newer Planet Snoopy additions.

I would be happy to be paid in Fast Lane Plus passes. ;)

I am so excited for you. You better post tons of photos and tell all about it!

Oh, good effort Mom. ;)

Did you happen to pick up Leap while you were at the store? I’m urging you to buy it.. you won’t be disappointed! I don’t know why that movie wasn’t as talked about as some others. I never even heard of it until after the DVD came out.
Haven't heard of Leap. Just looked it up.

21stamps

That is what I tell the kids. For all of us to go to the movies and get snacks there it can cost close to $100. I can get a dvd for under $24. Coco was $23 with my Target card. No brainer.

I buy all of my movies at Best Buy for the rewards. Sometimes they run really good sales on new releases.
Toys r Us also occasionally runs a buy one get one half sale.

MySmallWorldof4

I buy all of my movies at Best Buy for the rewards. Sometimes they run really good sales on new releases.
Toys r Us also occasionally runs a buy one get one half sale.
Coco is cheaper at Best Buy for the DVD Blu-Ray. Just checked. But I would have to drive 20 miles for the nearest one, so the gas money is not worth the savings. It was $23.01 with my Target card, 2 cents more expensive. (green smiling smilie)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom