The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

fractal

Does anybody have a Google Pixel 2 phone? I am thinking of buying one because the camera is suppose to be really good.

Hi @RedNoseMickey ! Actually I just replaced my Iphone 6 with the Pixel2. So far I've been impressed with the image quality from the camera. It's not quite as intuitive to use as the Apple but the camera is rated as the best smart phone camera and I believe it from my limited use. The lens has a fast aperture of f/1.8 which make is much better in low light situations. It also has a built in HDR (High Dynamic Range) processing system that works very well in high contrast scenes (bright + shadows). I'm actually in the process of putting together a review on the Pixel2 camera and putting it up on my YouTube channel (The Fractal Channel), but I can say I'm very pleased - almost shocked how good the camera is.

21stamps

A received a boatload of cash for her birthday, so I'm taking her to the Disney Store this weekend and letting her choose a couple of items. It's going to be so painful though, paying Disney Store prices. But it's her money and that's what she wants. With T's age, you might have some friends who's little girls have grown out of princess dresses, too. Maybe ask around to see if anyone has some good conditioned used costumes in their garage?

I’ve only taken T to the Disney Store twice, I was a huge a fan of their pajamas and beach towels, but only when on sale (ordered a lot online). Outside of that, we bought a C3PO flashlight and an X-Wing fighter water tumbler. Nothing was too unreasonable.
This girl stuff though, I’m in sticker shock!

I’ll ask around and keep checking. I should have ordered at least one when I still had my 20%AP discount

ScarletBegonias

Hi @RedNoseMickey ! Actually I just replaced my Iphone 6 with the Pixel2. So far I've been impressed with the image quality from the camera. It's not quite as intuitive to use as the Apple but the camera is rated as the best smart phone camera and I believe it from my limited use. The lens has a fast aperture of f/1.8 which make is much better in low light situations. It also has a built in HDR (High Dynamic Range) processing system that works very well in high contrast scenes (bright + shadows). I'm actually in the process of putting together a review on the Pixel2 camera and putting it up on my YouTube channel (The Fractal Channel), but I can say I'm very pleased - almost shocked how good the camera is.

I left Apple too to make the switch. I'd been with iPhone since the 3 and had the 7+ when I made the switch. So happy that I did! I love it!

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
I’ve only taken T to the Disney Store twice, I was a huge a fan of their pajamas and beach towels, but only when on sale (ordered a lot online). Outside of that, we bought a C3PO flashlight and an X-Wing fighter water tumbler. Nothing was too unreasonable.
This girl stuff though, I’m in sticker shock!

I’ll ask around and keep checking. I should have ordered at least one when I still had my 20%AP discount

We have a ton of their beach towels too! They get down to around $8 on the website, and you cannot beat that!

12in12

I do! I have the XL! I love it! The camera is fantastic!
Thank you! You confirmed some of the reviews I read on line. I think I will buy one. I like taking photographs but I don't want to carry a real camera.

21stamps

I am firmly in the Android camp and have been for many years.
I love both Apple and Android. There are a lot of pros and cons on either side, but I haven't gone back to Apple yet and it's been 7 years. You cannot go wrong with either, though.

Android is too confusing for me. I’ve always been a Mac fan, and joined the iPhone craze from the initial release (camped out for it, and then for every one after.)

At that time I was still a huge Blackberry fan too, and had to keep one for work. But I’ve been exclusively Apple for the last 6 years.

Android is an entire different animal though, I almost jumped on the bandwagon when the S5 came out and a lot of people switched, but when looking/playing with their phones I knew they were too complicated for me. :hilarious:

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
Android is too confusing for me. I’ve always been a Mac fan, and joined the iPhone craze from the initial release (camped out for it, and then for every one after.)

At that time I was still a huge Blackberry fan too, and had to keep one for work. But I’ve been exclusively Apple for the last 6 years.

Android is an entire different animal though, I almost jumped on the bandwagon when the S5 came out and a lot of people switched, but when looking/playing with their phones I knew they were too complicated for me. :hilarious:

There's a learning curve, for sure. My poor first android was tossed across the room in angst regularly for weeks. But I was coming out of the Army and didn't have a job lined up, so couldn't afford to keep my iPhone. I think having no choice made the switch easier for me. Well worth it now though. I love my Android.

21stamps

Scary at first but no regrets.
There's a learning curve, for sure. My poor first android was tossed across the room in angst regularly for weeks. But I was coming out of the Army and didn't have a job lined up, so couldn't afford to keep my iPhone. I think having no choice made the switch easier for me. Well worth it now though. I love my Android.
I’ll take your words for it. My fear is too great. ;)

MySmallWorldof4

I think they should concentrate on making the ones they already have better. Tony's is really not great. As much as I love Lady and the Tramp, we were so disappointed on our last trip when we went to Tony's. Why not fix what's broken before trying to put a bandaid on a gaping wound?
I know. I love Lady and the Tramp. My kids were actually watching it yesterday. I would love to go back to Tony's, but the food is sub-par Italian. I don't know how you can cook bad Italian, but apparently there is a way. You would think that the higher ups would read the reviews of the restaurants and try and make some improvements. It is a shame because it is so pretty in there.

MySmallWorldof4

Thank you! My niece I’m also newly 3, but she’s very tiny for age. I want to surprise her with a couple of outfits and accessories for their Disney trip.
When I made my ‘cart’ on Disney, 1 dress and accessories was around $140. I’m out on that.
I am surprised they were that much. Usually they have good sales on costumes this time of year. They recently had a huge sale. Oh wait. Look here. https://www.shopdisney.com/up-to-40-off-royal-favorites

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom